News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

Feral Cat Colony-1218 Wisconsin

Started by Ted, July 25, 2009, 07:36:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chandasz

I'd prefer the occasional little cat poop to the constant dog crap in the fairways, etc. from "domesticated" dogs and their irresponsible owners....

EC

I have to start eating a lot more fiber as there are a few "domesticated" dog owners I want to get even with as well.

Crunchie

This looks like another stupid feel-good law that will accomplish nothing other than giving the politicians brownie points from the PETA types. I'd like to get a nickel for every cat that these bozos catch and get neutered. Maybe I could buy a pack of chewing gum after about 10 years. These cats are going to fuck up the yards in all the homes near their "home base." Is that OK? If one of them bites or claws up someone or their legitimate pet, can anyone be held responsible?

What is the point of this law anyway? Isn't it illegal to let your cat run free, off your property?

billyjean

Quote from: All Blocked Up on October 15, 2010, 07:57:17 AM
Quote from: EC on October 15, 2010, 07:52:09 AM
What do you do with the cat crap that you find in your gang way? I would like to find the people who encourage these cats and drop a load on their front proches to see how they feel.

I'm all for that, EC.

First, you can't "encourage" a cat to do anything.  A dog prefers to search out a spot, but if he waits to long ... well, then it just starts coming out and he stops right there, even if it's not a spot he likes.  That usually happens when someone walks a dog.  If the dog is loose, he usually tries to find earth, so he can do THE BIG SCRATCH OFF at the end.  Dogs usually like a private place, but not as much as cats do.  It is a rare cat that goes totally out in the open on a sidewalk.  I've never seen it myself, but I'm sure there are a few out there.

EC, are you sure it was CAT?  This year I had a possum making itself at home.  The scat was definitely not cat and certainly not my dog.  Didn't go in bushes, but right in grass in the yard.  Make sure you have the right culprit.  Let's not rush to judgment.  When it comes to the poop, if it don't fit ... you got to acquit.

These guys are #1 in the #2 business.
http://www.youtube.com/v/wsuC3ZH4tnU?fs=1&hl=en_US

EC

I've had a cat. I know what cat poop is. I find it in the flower beds amoungst the flowers. Have narrowed it down to the actual cat though don't have complete proof.

buzz

My cats are never allowed outside.
There are 2 ferals (that I know of) in my immediate area, but there's also 2 cats roaming that have collars, and 1 without any collar that I know lives "next to the church".
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

Bonster

... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"