News:

TOS updated 12/22/05 -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/TOS/

Main Menu

more postings

Started by Dav, November 01, 2014, 04:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: Toria on November 18, 2014, 10:16:09 AM
It could be a good board with useful information for current Berwyn residents, those looking to move there or the recent arrivals.  But there seems to be some people who like to attack so that puts a damper on people wanting to post. Is there a moderator for BTF?

Me.

I've not been paying too close of attention to it.  Feel free to PM me if you see something bad.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: markberwyn on November 20, 2014, 11:36:55 AM
Quote from: Ted on November 20, 2014, 07:17:07 AM
Quote from: markberwyn on November 19, 2014, 12:02:36 PM
I think the argument that "the attacks keep people from posting" has always been largely nonsense. ...

I disagree.  I know several people who stopped posting on BTF because of what they perceived to be attacks on them by anonymous people.

That's interesting. I certainly know of one or two cases where people were bullied by political thugs here---didn't one person have to deal with calls to her workplace and such?

I guess what I was thinking is that in the main the back-and-forth here between political topics mainly involved people who *wanted* to have that kind of discussion. If you weren't interested in it, you just didn't participate---you weren't "scared off the board."

Yes.  And the police got involved in one case.  That was resolved pretty quickly.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato