News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

"Help Take Back the Night" Rally

Started by Terri, July 15, 2007, 09:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terri

Neighborhood rallies and BBQ's are planned at the following locations leading up to Berwyn's National Night Out. 

July 18th at St. Mary of Celle, 14th and Euclid
July 25th at Proksa Park, 3001 Wisconsin
August 1st at Freedom Park, 3701 Scoville

The Rallies will be from 6-8 pm.  Hot Dogs and refreshments will be provided by Target in Broadview.  Thanks Target. 

delbowz

Kudos to Jean Marie for another job well done.  I took the kids to the rally at St. Mary's last night.  After a well-attended short walk through the neigborhood, there were quite a few activities for the kids (a few inflatables, lots of games from the north berwyn park district), good music...

It was good to see so many residents out on a weeknight to take back the night! 

Thanks to Target for the food and refreshments as well.

Reminder:  next week's rally is at Proksa and the following week at Freedom Park... 

Denise
Life is too important to be taken seriously. - Oscar Wilde

truman40

Cool, I'll be sure to check out the one in Proksa!!
Shop Local
www.the350project.net

L8N

I'll try to stop by the Proksa Park one tonight, too. There was something going on there this past weekend, with loud music, and I thought it might have been the TBTN rally. Apparently it wasn't.

-L8N

:fro:
Mulder: "Fear. It's the oldest tool of power. If you're distracted by fear of those around you, it keeps you from seeing the actions of those above."

truman40

Last Saturday there was a rubber duck race held at Proksa. And yes it was very crowded.
Hope to see you all tonite!
Shop Local
www.the350project.net

L8N

Quote from: truman40 on July 25, 2007, 09:32:03 AM
Last Saturday there was a rubber duck race held at Proksa. And yes it was very crowded.

I missed the rubber duck races? Drat!  :-[
Mulder: "Fear. It's the oldest tool of power. If you're distracted by fear of those around you, it keeps you from seeing the actions of those above."

tgoddess

Hey, you could have one at home in the tub.

We'll all come over!   :)
"Well, I guess I'm fuckin' forty...I'm a petered out Peter Pan...sometimes I feel foolish...I make my livin' singin' in this band..." - John Eddie

Terri

Quote from: Terri on July 15, 2007, 09:05:17 PM
Neighborhood rallies and BBQ's are planned at the following locations leading up to Berwyn's National Night Out. 

July 18th at St. Mary of Celle, 14th and Euclid
July 25th at Proksa Park, 3001 Wisconsin
August 1st at Freedom Park, 3701 Scoville

The Rallies will be from 6-8 pm.  Hot Dogs and refreshments will be provided by Target in Broadview.  Thanks Target. 

Tomorrow night is the last rally, 6-8pm at Freedom Park.  

Artanis1215

[/quote]
Tomorrow night is the last rally, 6-8pm at Freedom Park. 
[/quote]

How come we could not find any Berwyn business to donate the hot dogs and refreshments?

dukesdad

QuoteHow come we could not find any Berwyn business to donate the hot dogs and refreshments?

Target is a national sponsor of "National Night out" it's part of the deal.

Artanis1215

Do we have any city businesses that are participating and donating any items?

delbowz

I don't have a flyer in front of me, but I do know that Jean Marie was able to secure several Berwyn sponsors.  As a previous poster said, National Night out is a Target-sponsored event.  We are lucky to have thier $$$ behind our events.
Life is too important to be taken seriously. - Oscar Wilde

dukesdad

MacNeal Hospital
World's Largest Laundromat
Aztec America Bank
Melrose Pyrotecnics (Sorry LL)
Sir Speedy
Cermak Plaza
Odelson & Sterk
Dist 201
Berwyn Park District
North Berwyn Park District
Berwyn Police

cubbie07

Does anyone know if they will have that burn again this year?  My nephew loved that.
Oh well,  There's always next year...

scoon

They will be doing the burn at Nat Nite Out again and possibly a few other fun things this year.

cubbie07

Fantastic, We can't wait.  It was a blast last year.  The city did a great job putting it all together. 
Oh well,  There's always next year...

~LL~

Quote from: delbowz on July 31, 2007, 03:39:16 PM
I don't have a flyer in front of me, but I do know that Jean Marie was able to secure several Berwyn sponsors.  As a previous poster said, National Night out is a Target-sponsored event.  We are lucky to have thier $$$ behind our events.

Here is the flyer: 
If you are not part of the solution -- you are part of the problem.

truman40

Quote from: Artanis1215 aka Ole Blue Eyes on July 31, 2007, 03:35:20 PM

You know that was a great idea. I e-mailed Debi Suchy at City Hall and she said "Come on down!!" So Over The Rainbow will be at Freedom tonite handing out B-Cake ice cream to the kids. Kinda last minute but its for a good cause. Unfortunately we won't be able to participate in the BIG event at Morton next week because that falls on a DD Cruise Nite and we need all hands at the store. We usually do pretty good business on those events. 
Shop Local
www.the350project.net

Bear

Quote from: truman40 on August 01, 2007, 06:28:14 PM
Quote from: Artanis1215 aka Ole Blue Eyes on July 31, 2007, 03:35:20 PM

You know that was a great idea. I e-mailed Debi Suchy at City Hall and she said "Come on down!!" So Over The Rainbow will be at Freedom tonite handing out B-Cake ice cream to the kids. Kinda last minute but its for a good cause. Unfortunately we won't be able to participate in the BIG event at Morton next week because that falls on a DD Cruise Nite and we need all hands at the store. We usually do pretty good business on those events

Proof positive of the work of the special events people
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

truman40

Absolutley!!
I feel thats one of the things that makes Berwyn so great, all the special events; Block parties, Cruise Nites, Take Back the Night, Duck Races, we have something going on almost every weekend and most of them are free. Unlike other cities where allot of the public events come with a "donation"
Shop Local
www.the350project.net