Started by tgoddess, November 13, 2008, 03:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tgoddess

THIS WEEK AT 16TH STREET...

1) SEEDFOLKS on Saturday
2) 2009 SEASON!
3) WIN A DINNER FOR TWO!

SEEDFOLKS by Paul Fleishman
16th Street Theater stages SEEDFOLKS performed by professional actors alongside members of our community.  This is a part of "Berwyn Reads!"

Thirteen very different voices -- old, young, Haitian, Hispanic, tough, haunted, and hopeful -- tell one amazing story about a garden that transforms a neighborhood.

Two FREE Performances!
Saturday, November 15
11:00 AM at the Berwyn Library, 2701 S Harlem
2:00 PM at 16th Street Theater, 6420 16th Street
Seats very limited!  HINT:  11am show has many more seats available.   
First come, first serve.  Box office opens 1 hour before show time. 

2) 2009 SEASON begins JANUARY 28!
Subscribe before November 30!

Here is what you get in the 100 Club:  FIRES IN THE MIRROR by Anna Deavere Smith, UNVEILED by Rohina, THE LAST BARBECUE by Brett Neveu, Words in Motion festival including Tekki Lomnicki's BLURRED VISION and Marilyn Campbell & Maria Merrin's MIXIN' IT UP, an invitation to our Season Two Debut Event on Sat Dec 6, invites to special parties, events and a 10% discount to Wishbone each time you dine throughout August 2009! 

A 3-play subscription at $45 gets you one ticket to FIRES IN THE MIRROR, UNVEILED, and THE LAST BARBECUE.

WIN A DINNER FOR TWO TO WISHBONE!

We are sweetening the deal because we love you!

Join the 100 Club before Nov 30 and be entered to win a dinner for 2 to Wishbone Restaurant in Berwyn.  We are also raffling off signed posters from KITA Y FERNANDA.  And raffling off 16th Street Theater t-shirts for those who subscribe at any level.     Join now!
Refer a friend and double your chances of winning.  Have your friend tell us who sent them.    And many have found that 100 Club and 3-play subscriptions make meaningful holiday gifts for their employees and family members. 

We want YOU back to enjoy engaging high quality theater in 2009.

And what a first season it was. We started with the hit MACHOS, explored dreams and destiny in THE ASCENSION OF CARLOTTA, featured writers Elizabeth Berg, Susan Hahn and Arlene Malinowski during WORDS IN MOTION and closed with the powerful KITA Y FERNANDA.  Join the 100 Club to ensure we keep the talent coming to Berwyn in 2009!

Thank you for being a part of 16th Street Theater.  YOU make the theater LIVE.

Ann Filmer
Artistic Director
16th Street Theater
http://www.16thstreettheater.org

Berwyn Cultural Center
6420 16th Street
Berwyn, IL 60402
(708) 795-6704 x105
"Well, I guess I'm fuckin' forty...I'm a petered out Peter Pan...sometimes I feel foolish...I make my livin' singin' in this band..." - John Eddie

Terri

Today, Libary at 11 AM and 16th Street Theater at 2 PM.  Performances are FREE!! 
###

SEEDFOLKS by Paul Fleishman
16th Street Theater stages SEEDFOLKS performed by professional actors alongside members of our community.  This is a part of "Berwyn Reads!"

Thirteen very different voices -- old, young, Haitian, Hispanic, tough, haunted, and hopeful -- tell one amazing story about a garden that transforms a neighborhood.

Two FREE Performances!
Saturday, November 15
11:00 AM at the Berwyn Library, 2701 S Harlem
2:00 PM at 16th Street Theater, 6420 16th Street
Seats very limited!  HINT:  11am show has many more seats available.   
First come, first serve.  Box office opens 1 hour before show time. 

OakParkSpartan

One of the actors performed a reading at the Historical Society annual meeting.  She was very good.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

pkd50

I was there.   It was very good.  I was surprised that there wasn't a larger turn out.  Was it publicized anyplace except on this board?

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: pkd50 on November 15, 2008, 02:28:39 PM
I was there.   It was very good.  I was surprised that there wasn't a larger turn out.  Was it publicized anyplace except on this board?

The BHS meeting?  Yes, there were postcards sent to all of their members.

I figure a 70 degree day the first weekend of November is pretty tough competition.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Shelley

We went to the 2pm show.  It was a great performance combining professional actors with community actors, including a few children.  Seedfolks was required reading for all 7th graders in Berwyn.  We really enjoyed the performance and theater.  Here is a link to the 16th street theater website.  They are hoping to get 100 people to join the 100 club by purchasing tickets to all 2009 performances in advance by Nov. 30th.:

http://www.16thstreettheater.org/scripts/now_at_16thstreet.asp#now

pkd50

Sorry, Brian I wasn't clear.  I meant the 11 AM performance at the Library.  As far as the 16th St. Theatre, if you haven't been there you're missing something special in Berwyn.  I missed the first play, but saw all the others.  Myself and a group of my friends will all be subscribing.