News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

16th Street Theatre: FIRES in the Mirror

Started by delbowz, January 30, 2009, 01:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delbowz

Season two kicks off this weekend.  Get out and support this local treasure!

FIRES IN THE MIRROR
by Anna Deavere Smith
Directed by Ann Filmer
January 28 - February 28, 2009

Crown Heights, Brooklyn. August 1991. A stunning exploration through art and journalism of the events and emotions surrounding the 1991 riots. Four women embody the 26 voices originally interviewed and performed by Ms. Smith. "The most compelling and sophisticated view of urban racial and class conflict that one could hope to encounter." --New York Times

Anna Deavere Smith's work explores American character and our multifaceted national identity.  She is the recipient of two Obies, two Tony nominations and a MacArthur fellowship.
Life is too important to be taken seriously. - Oscar Wilde

delbowz

The last running of this show is this weekend - Thursday, Friday and Saturday.  I saw it this past weekend and was very moved. This is honestly a very thought provoking show.  You won't regret seeing this.
Life is too important to be taken seriously. - Oscar Wilde

tgoddess

Also, please consider a season subscription and get a discount on your FIRES IN THE MIRROR ticket.

Next up is Teatro Luna's production of Sex-Oh! 

S-E-X-OH!
Created by El Teatro Luna
Directed by Yadira Correa & Dana Cruz
March 6 – 29, 2009

Thursdays & Fridays at 7:30 PM
Saturdays at 5:00 PM & 8:00 PM
Sundays at 5:00 PM

Previews: Friday March 6 @ 7:30 PM & Saturday March 7 @ 5:00 PM
VIP Opening: Saturday, March 7 at 8:00 PM
Press Opening: Sunday, March 8 @ 5:00 PM

Tickets: $16 
Group discount for 8(+) For info on group tickets call (708) 795-6704

The 2009 show "not to miss" by Chicago Tribune and Chicago Examiner!

Teatro Luna's fourth original ensemble built work, originally produced in 2006, takes up the intersections between sex, gender, and our latinidad. Based on our true life stories, plus a few strategic re-imaginings S-e-x-Oh! covers a range of topics, from the serious to the tragically  hilarious.

Chicago's only all-Latina Theatre company, Teatro Luna returns to 16th Street where last year's MACHOS was a huge sold-out hit!  Join the 100 Club and guarantee your seats to this "slick show that moves and grooves." (Chicago Tribune)
"Well, I guess I'm fuckin' forty...I'm a petered out Peter Pan...sometimes I feel foolish...I make my livin' singin' in this band..." - John Eddie