News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

Top Teachers

Started by berwyn senator, March 02, 2014, 08:44:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

berwyn senator

Excellent teachers create excellent schools,class room size does not matter.What matters is the one child that disrupts the class and takes time from children that want to learn.Remove the disruptive child and a class room with 30 children with an excellent teacher should be just fine.

Suzy Q

What do you suggest teachers do with that one child?

dukesdad

berwyn senator

What they have been doing all along!

] even back iin the cave man ages when I was in school the school handled the child.

Good Time Charlie

Suzy Q

Seriously, you can't kick them out like charter schools do.  Teachers are so limited as to what they can do.  Quite often the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree so talking to the parents is useless.   I am sure millions of teachers would like to hear some suggestions that are ethical, doable, and effective. 

mustang54

Quote from: Suzy Q on March 05, 2014, 12:08:16 PM
Seriously, you can't kick them out like charter schools do.  Teachers are so limited as to what they can do.  Quite often the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree so talking to the parents is useless.   I am sure millions of teachers would like to hear some suggestions that are ethical, doable, and effective.
I think they should be sent to alternative schools. Morton has an alternative school but I believe its for kids who misbehaved. To me a kid flunking over half their subjects or more should be sent there. If they choose not to learn send them to the alternative school for a wake up call to not only them but their parents. If they continue to fail there then its totally on them. From what I saw when I went to meetings the graduation rate and rate of kids earning the right to go back to their home school was quite high. Thats the only solution I see.

berwynson

Quote from: Suzy Q on March 05, 2014, 12:08:16 PM

Less and less is any longer "doable", according to Old Buddy Charlie's ladyfriend, Sandy, who taught grammar school in Berwyn many years. I am sure that in her day, she was as responsible and effective a teacher as any to be found. She claims she could not stomach the "system's" intrusiveness in teaching today.   berwynson

berwyn senator

Berwynson your right on!

berwyn senator

There is nothing but politics within the system,teachers are not allowed to teach,to busy watching their backs!!!!!! one day private schools may be the answer to achieving the education we will never obtain from public schools!