News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

Linksys Router Problem

Started by Juliet, February 04, 2006, 08:00:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OakParkSpartan

Shouldn't be too slow.   That's probably more a function of your DSL/cable line.  I've got 5  machines  sharing the same connection, and  really don't notice an impact.

Cheers,
Brian
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Bonster

... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

OakParkSpartan

DSL from speakeasy.net.  Have had them for 3 years +, very pleased.    www.speakeasy.net 

Not the cheapest  ($50 per month), but I've had very, very,very few outages over the last 3 years.   I use it for work, so it needs to be available.

Another positive is they give  you a static address, which means you could run a website if you desired (or your own email).

Cheers,
Brian
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Bonster

How are are you from their office?  sbc sez 11K to the nearest pop in cicero for me.
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

OakParkSpartan

I think I am close to that...I know my speeds aren't as good as cable, but they work fine for someone who  is online 24 hours a day  (not necessarily with me plopped in the chair).

I am 9852ft from the CO.  Speed is 1.5/384.

Like I said, I am more interested in stability than anything else, and these guys have been great.

Cheers,
Brian