News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

"Doilys Bear?"...

Started by Bear, October 22, 2006, 11:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bear

Yes...an odd request coming from me, but where does one find doilys.
I'm looking for two round ones about 18" dia. for the back of two wing back chairs.
I found some at Michaels, but they were too small....

Quit laughing, its a funky doily thing.
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

Terri

Bear,

Right down the block from you is a great antique shop, you know the one, Serendipity.  Lori will be happy to sell you as many as you want.  I think she is open today until 4.

Terri

OakParkSpartan

Second that recommendation of Serendipity.  She's got very nice stuff.

Cheers,
Brian
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Bear

Yup...Lori had two matching doilys actually made for my intended use
on the back of wing back chairs.

I feel complete now.
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

pkd50

Where was the Troy Store when you needed it? 

Bear

Funny story about Troy PKD...My partner in our graphics biz got his first job as an artist at Troy
doing ads for the Life. Bill is 62, so this will give you an idea of the time line, Troy was the Feilds of Cermak at the time. Troy's ads were hand drawn line art, with some grey highlights
by airbrushing, black and white.

Troy's owners were heartless bastards, their full time artist died of a heart attack on Friday while at work.

Bill was hired on Monday morning, as he was doing freelance airbrush work for them previous to that. They took him to his office, and there at the drawing board was the guys coat on the chair, and his pack of smokes and lighter on the drawing board. Bill knew the guy and asked the owner what to do with his coat, they said just throw it out, and get these ads out
for the paper.