News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

need an external HD

Started by Guy_on_Clinton, January 27, 2009, 05:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guy_on_Clinton

Our scrap Compaq just ran out of Disk space (40gb)...  looking for an external hard drive......

(Note: already looking on craigs and ebay.....  just thought i'd see if any of you guys have something your not using)
SPINDLEVIEW RULES!!!!!!!!

Hogzilla

I've had good luck with Seagate and bad luck with Western Digital. Just my experience. Drives are pretty cheap now. I'd buy new so you aren't getting someone else's used up POS. Just my $.02.
"Oh, yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom. But they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em."

scungili

If you don't want to wait for a mail-order shipment, Microcenter has some 1TB - 1.5 TB ranging from $99 - $179 ... and Fry's is a lil further west.

Guy_on_Clinton

thanks guys.. but im not looking to get a tb for a scrap cpu ...  the only investment i made to this thing was adding 2gb ram ($30 bucks)... 
SPINDLEVIEW RULES!!!!!!!!

chandasz

Quote from: PamF on January 28, 2009, 04:19:28 PM
How about $99.99 plus shipping for 1TB of external space  http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4140385&sku=H452-1006&SRCCODE=LINKSHARE&cm_mmc_o=-ddCjC1bELltzywCjC-d2CjCdwwp&AffiliateID=NKa3hZyYoHA-EQiqlAfPOyueWJrHQhDDnQ

Always a lot of good deals through www.dealnews.com  check there daily

Sounded like a great deal! until I went to the website to see it was unavailable!