News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

Houby Ready

Started by Nazerac, September 28, 2009, 03:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nazerac

The Good:  Czech Beer!

The bad:    Don't they have someone to review the poster for typos, inconsistencies, etc. before posting it?
http://www.berwyn.net/documents/HoubyPoster2009FINAL.pdf

The Verdict: I am sure many of you will report it on Monday.

OakParkSpartan

They probably don't.

But remember, we're saving money by paying the Exec Director over there ONLY $50k...
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Bonster

LOL!

I count four off the cuff:

"We are returning the fest back to it's czech roots."   Whatever!

"Czech Muscian Group"

"Hamburglers" 12-1:30pm
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Robert Pauly

The bad: Lemmings in t-shirts.

n01_important

Never been to one.. so does the festival have various Czech mushrooms for sale? 
Stupid fuck

watcher

Quote from: n01_important on September 28, 2009, 07:10:37 PM
Never been to one.. so does the festival have various Czech mushrooms for sale? 

Czech, plaid, paisley, herringbone...

"Atlas Shrugged": A Thousand Pages of Bad Science Fiction About Sock-Puppets Stabbing Strawmen with Tax Cuts. -Driftglass

tony la

I have learned in the past.  This BTF could start an arguement about doorknobs.

But has anyone seen this American English Group.  Pretty good.  I like the entertainment line up.  Here they are<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6lGnFvZE37g&hl=en&fs=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6lGnFvZE37g&hl=en&fs=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>
Tony LaMonica  Broker 1998 Hall Of Fame
Prudential RUBLOFF 708-795-5000
Director Chicago Association of Realtors
WWW.TONYLA.NET

Terri

I agree, American English should be a good draw.  However, this post is about simple proofreading. Frankly, it's (proper use) embarrassing that the Czech Oasis poster was sent out with errors.

MRS. NORTHSIDER

The poster is unprofessional and it reflects badly on Berwyn Main Street - this isn't quantum physics people, it's simply proofreading.

Bonster

Quote from: tony la on September 29, 2009, 08:31:38 AM
This BTF could start an arguement about doorknobs.

This isn't about doorknobs, it's not calling into question the entertainment, nor the fest itself.

Fact is, Berwyn MainStreet let fly a poster with at least five glaring mistakes a 4th grader could spot: spelling, capitalization, terribly incorrect grammar, ENTIRELY incorrect information.  Yes, the show times are wrong.
Check the website ... the Hamburglars are playing 12:45, Saturday.  Per this poster, pimped injudiciously by the BDC, they're playing Sunday 12-1:30p, while Stosh Polka plays 1-3p.  

Admit it, Tony: you just hate the Hamburglars.

BRoWN

Glass doorknobs vs. brass doorknobs? Ready...go.

Bonster

BRoWN

Quote from: Bonster on September 29, 2009, 10:52:38 AM
brass, yo.
Glass is original to the bungalows. You're really getting on my nerves.

Bonster

Glass = grandma.  Hidden grime in the crannies.

Brass = old, cool (esp with a hint of tarnish).  Works better with the "hot doorknob" prank.

scungili

oh ... don't forget The Headspins on Sat. @ 12 noon

Quote from: BRoWN on September 29, 2009, 10:54:39 AM
Quote from: Bonster on September 29, 2009, 10:52:38 AM
brass, yo.
Glass is original to the bungalows. You're really getting on my nerves.

Maybe he's talkin' about Brass Monkey

Bonster

Quote from: scungili on September 29, 2009, 11:00:21 AM
oh ... don't forget The Headspins on Sat. @ 12 noon

Yeah, Tony hates the Headspins too!

LOL

I got excited when I saw the schedule--I have to work on Saturday, but I'm free on Sunday. Too bad it was wrong on that schedule--I'm dying to see the Hamburlars! I've seen the Headspins--they're good. Go see them. And what goes better with mushrooms than headspins??? :fro:
The word gullible isn't in the dictionary?

Bonster

Burgesa Con Queso!!!!!!!!!!!!

MRS. NORTHSIDER

I haven't been to the Houby in a few years but will probably go on Saturday with my daughter (home from college for the weekend with a friend) since I'm off work.  As someone who still plays vinyl from (the majority from the 70's) another age what genre of music are some of these groups from.  Yes, I know American English is a Beatles tribute band which is actually right up my alley but I'm tone deaf when it comes to the most of the lineup.  I'm older than dirt now ya know - but still up for some good tunes!

Bonster

MRS N. - there are no age boundaries when it comes to Robbling!