News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

Houby Ready

Started by Nazerac, September 28, 2009, 03:49:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BRoWN

I'm sorry. I was just giving tip on how I deal with loud noise. Sometimes I wear earplugs too.

n01_important

I can empathize... there are so many other places to have the festival... why so close to residents?
Stupid fuck

Crunchie

Quote from: seebee on October 05, 2009, 08:58:14 AM
When I lived in Denver, I actually saw a street sign that read, "No Left Turn's." It was NOT a handwritten sign. It was a normal, metal stamped, machine made sign attached to a street light probably made by and paid for by state or city dollars.
That's pretty lame. The weirdest street sign I remember was a "Speed Limit 19" in Crown Point, IN.

Diona

Quote from: n01_important on October 05, 2009, 06:05:17 PM
I can empathize... there are so many other places to have the festival... why so close to residents?

Because it all comes down to them not caring about the RENTER residents.

I DID get a call back from the Mayor's office.  LOL...the woman who called me back said that the mayor doesn't handle the music & I should call the "Berwyn Mainstreet" to talk to them about the ugly thing they did on Saturday all day & Sunday night.  So, 1 of the mayor's constituents doesn't matter when putting in a complaint about it, he was there on Saturday, I heard him talking, but hey he doesn't care.  1 more reason why I literally drag myself to vote for ANY politician!

So I have yet another number to call to ask WHY someone would put a full fledged bandstand behind residents apartments.

Is it even worth it for me to call this Berwyn Main Street?  What do you guys think?

JSlaught

Bonster

Quote from: JSlaught on October 06, 2009, 08:35:18 AM
Get over it already

So thoughtful!  Did you help create those retarded Houby Day posters?
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Terri

Quote from: Diona on October 06, 2009, 08:28:17 AM
Quote from: n01_important on October 05, 2009, 06:05:17 PM

Because it all comes down to them not caring about the RENTER residents.

I DID get a call back from the Mayor's office.  LOL...the woman who called me back said that the mayor doesn't handle the music & I should call the "Berwyn Mainstreet" to talk to them about the ugly thing they did on Saturday all day & Sunday night.  So, 1 of the mayor's constituents doesn't matter when putting in a complaint about it, he was there on Saturday, I heard him talking, but hey he doesn't care.  1 more reason why I literally drag myself to vote for ANY politician!

So I have yet another number to call to ask WHY someone would put a full fledged bandstand behind residents apartments.

Is it even worth it for me to call this Berwyn Main Street?  What do you guys think?
Of course you should call and hopefully next year adjustments will be made.

Thor

I would also call but I can tell you now don't expect any satisfaction.
JSLaught response is pretty much what you'll get back from the people in charge. Unless of course its an election year and then you'll hear how all the unions are backing them  :D :D :D
Stop your whining and think the way I do

BRoWN

A gumball machine stole my quarter. I'm not sure which mayor or political party to blame. Who should I contact at city hall? Does anyone have data for the last 10 years regarding quarters eaten by these machines? I'm pissed.   I called the PD but they had the nerve to tell me they were too busy. 

Bonster

Quote from: BRoWN on October 06, 2009, 11:16:20 AM
A gumball machine stole my quarter. I'm not sure which mayor or political party to blame. Who should I contact at city hall? Does anyone have data for the last 10 years regarding quarters eaten by these machines? I'm pissed.   I called the PD but they had the nerve to tell me they were too busy. 

My crotch itches.  Where's my city services to come scratch it for me?
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

rbain

The ring fell off my pudding can!
"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."

java

Quote from: rbain on October 06, 2009, 11:37:11 AM
The ring fell off my pudding can!

That's it!  Berwyn needs a mono-rail!
The City of Homers

Thor

Quote from: BRoWN on October 06, 2009, 11:16:20 AM
Don't tell me the mayor is now supplying the gumballs to the various machines around town? If he is then yes definately you should call him about your lack of balls, err I mean quarters.
Stop your whining and think the way I do

OakParkSpartan

Call Main Street and talk to the executive director.  See what he has to say.  Skrydmarks and TedP are both aldermen and sit on the board.  You might contact them as well.  Who is your alderman?
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Diona

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on October 06, 2009, 12:22:31 PM
Call Main Street and talk to the executive director.  See what he has to say.  Skrydmarks and TedP are both aldermen and sit on the board.  You might contact them as well.  Who is your alderman?

I called Main Street earlier today & got a call back.  Said he was sorry for the inconvenience this is his first year here, blah blah. Wanted my email address so updates for town hall meetings can be sent so a 'concerned citizen' like myself can voice my thoughts on things such as the bandstand right by my place.  Also said they do like that area so most likely I was given fair warning to move before next October.

So, who knows if anything at all will be done for next year, but at least my voice was heard.

To those that had their opinions on that I should have dealt with it, I think I need to hire a loud ass band to play right outside your doors for over 11 hours & see how you all fair.

BRoWN

When you say "move" do you mean move out to a new home......or just leave and go somewhere else during the fest? 

JSlaught

Personally I wouldn't call anyone. I would go to CC and in open forum respectfully convey my displeasure with the event. I agree that no outdoor event should go beyond 9pm on a Sunday or any school night. As far as the Saturday festivities, I feel you will not get anywhere.

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: JSlaught on October 06, 2009, 02:32:40 PM
Personally I wouldn't call anyone. I would go to CC and in open forum respectfully convey my displeasure with the event. I agree that no outdoor event should go beyond 9pm on a Sunday or any school night. As far as the Saturday festivities, I feel you will not get anywhere.

I can't think of any festivals/fairs that go on beyond 4 or 5pm on a Sunday.

Start the thing Friday evening and wrap up on Sunday at 5.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

JSlaught

scungili

I dunno why I'm opening my mouth here ... but Retro on Roscoe, Lincoln Square Ribfest, Arlington Hts. Frontier Days all go till 10 pm on Sundays and they have bands playing that late.  St. Ben's Oktoberfest goes till 9 on Sunday.  Naperville Ribfest doesn't count so much because it's a greater distance from homes but it still goes till 10 on a Sunday.  I'm sure there are more but I haven't attended those.

All these events project music for a good distance.  The above events also bring in alot of people to enjoy the event.  I'm sure these events have pissed off a neighbor or two.  But it's one weekend out of the year.  Maybe if the Czech Oasis gets some support & gets some bands with more draw it'll be an event that people from outside of Berwyn will come to, spend money & hopefully return to spend more money.  Hasn't that been a running theme here on BTF about how to improve things in Berwyn?  Or at least a way to attract DINKS and the likes with more disposable income?

This is an urban community with lots of people per square mile (or foot if you prefer) & sometimes, as someone else posted, you just need to deal with it.  I really don't mean to be insensitive and I wasn't in your home to experience the excessive noise, but it's a once a year weekend event that could benefit the community if it grows.