TOS updated 12/22/05 -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/TOS/

Main Menu

Berwyn

Started by jqpublic, November 03, 2009, 03:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

berwynguy

House for Sale

2201 S. Lombard Ave. Berwyn, IL

Sought after South Berwyn location.  Only about 2-3 miles from Proksa Park and the Depot District.  Super low crime and GREAT schools (because my kids get to go District 100 schools).

LOL!!! ::)

* Legal Disclaimer: 2201 S. Lombard Berwyn, IL is NOT an actual address.  This listing is brought to you by Berwynguy Fantasy Realty where ALL of our listings are in "South Berwyn."
Unfortunately, this ain't your grandmother's Berwyn anymore.

The Jackal

I'm not sure I get the gist of your argument.

Kids that live on 22nd and Harvey don't just go to a Dist 100 school, they go to a SOUTH Berwyn Dist. 100 school. That's not something you, I, or some rinky dink realtor can play with.

Why you think South Berwyn is solely defined by Proksa Park and the DD is beyond me.

I had a grammars school buddy who lived on 38th and Lombard, appx two miles from the DD and Proksa. Are you now telling me he didn't live in SOUTH Berwyn?

berwynguy

Quote from: The Jackal on October 15, 2010, 12:13:03 PM
I'm not sure I get the gist of your argument.

Kids that live on 22nd and Harvey don't just go to a Dist 100 school, they go to a SOUTH Berwyn Dist. 100 school. That's not something you, I, or some rinky dink realtor can play with.

Why you think South Berwyn is solely defined by Proksa Park and the DD is beyond me.

I had a grammars school buddy who lived on 38th and Lombard, appx two miles from the DD and Proksa. Are you now telling me he didn't live in SOUTH Berwyn?

I am not even going to respond to the school argument anymore.  I already stated like 5 times that schools are only ONE aspect of this whole dumb argument.

QuoteI had a grammars school buddy who lived on 38th and Lombard, appx two miles from the DD and Proksa. Are you now telling me he didn't live in SOUTH Berwyn?
What the hell are you talking about now?  No one EVER said in this thread that 38th & Lombard was NOT south Berwyn.  The only things stated was that most feel that the border is 26th St., and that I personally feel that the border is the IC tracks which 38th & Lombard falls WAY south of.  

The Jackal

Where did you get this info that MOST feel 26th is the border?

It might be the geographic center, but its certainly NEVER been the dividing line, at least by whatever objective criterion is available.

Numeorus people on this threwad have already told you 22,lnd is/was the diving line. The schools and park districts use 22nd st as the border...yet you come on here and tell us "MOST" people believe its 26th ST??????

And then you make reference to how far somebody from 22nd and Lombard is to the DD and Proksa. What significance to the DD and Proksa have? Or at least what significance does how far you live from the DD and Proksa have? The guy on 38th and Lombard is the exact same distance from the DD and Proks as the guy from 22nd and Lombard, yet one is south berwyn but the other isn't?

The Jackal

The IC are appx 3100 south at their southern most point near Rdigeland and in fact are further north of that as they ravel northwest.

As such, cermak is appx a mile from the IC tracks, as is 38 or 39th and Lombard. Same distance, for the most part.

berwynguy

Andy, seriously, this argument is boring and you are boring.  I personally think you couldn't give a shit one way or another about 90% of what you argue about.  You just like to argue.  I bet you are pretty good lawyer.  The only thing that confuses me is that you spend pretty much 24/7 on BTF.  How do you even get the chance to argue in court if you are always arguing here?

We will leave it at this.  You are right because you say so.  I am wrong and backwards.  I don't know shit because Andy "lived it."  Even though I "lived it" and have done HUNDREDS and HUNDREDS of hours of research on issues like this concerning Berwyn, I am wrong because Andy says so.  While I am on the internet I will just live in the world of Andy.  Ok.  

The Jackal

Btw, since you've made a point of the "character" and "FEEL" of South Berwyn compared to North Berwyn, please tell me the "charactyer" and "feel" of the area around Park and Lombard as compared to the DD or Proksa. 

Better yet, compare the "feel" and "character" of the 2nd Ward to the 3rd Ward.

Berwyn Patsy

Can you imagine actually trying to have a real live face to face debate with Andy??

You would have to pat me down before, letting me enter a room with him!  Lol!

Ya still gotta love that guy!

rbain

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."

BRoWN

East Berwyn rules. the dividing line is 10 blocks away from wherever Jackal thinks it is.

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Historically North Berwyn is Roosevelt (12th Street) to Cermak (22nd Street).  Those are the north and south boundaries.  The east and west boundaries have always been Lombard (Cicero east side) and Harlem (west boundary) throughout town.  See how easy that actually is.  The school districts (grammar and middle school) will also divide along those lines - historically, that is. 

The Jackal

The north-south boundaries of town are roosevelt and pershing.

The dividing line between north and south berwyn is 22nd.

There's a difference.

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: The Jackal on October 15, 2010, 08:07:36 PM
The north-south boundaries of town are roosevelt and pershing.

The dividing line between north and south berwyn is 22nd.

There's a difference.
Geographically you are correct and that's about it.  North Berwyn School District = Roosevelt (12th Street) to Cermak Road (22nd Street).  Three grade schools (Havlicek, Prairie Oak -formerly General Custer and Jefferson) that all feed into Lincoln Middle School which then feeds into J. Sterling Morton.  South Berwyn School District 100 which geographically runs from Cermak (22nd) to Pershing (39th) is Pershing, Komensky, Hiawatha, Emerson, Piper and Irving which feed into Heritage and Freedom Middle Schools which then feed into J. Sterling Morton.  Those are the current boundaries.  If you want me to expound, Emerson, Piper and Irving feed into Heritage Middle School and Hiawatha, Komensky and Pershing feed into Freedom Middle School.  Any more questions?

berwynguy

The Jackal

Mrs, N.,

I don't need a primer on Berwyn grammar school districts. I was a District 100 student when you were still strumming a banjo somewhere south of the Mason Dixon line.

berwynguy

Quote from: The Jackal on October 15, 2010, 10:15:20 PM
Mrs, N.,

I don't need a primer on Berwyn grammar school districts. I was a District 100 student when you were still strumming a banjo somewhere south of the Mason Dixon line.

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!  ;D ;D :D :D  Dear lord Andy.  Give the poor girl a break, it's Miller time afterall!

The Jackal

Hey, no problem, I'm having a non alcoholic beverage myself right now. I just have a hard time deciphering Mrs. N sometimes.

Where the heck did I mention anything about school districts? I simply corrected her false statement regarding the north south boundaries of the city.

berwynguy

God, why do I want to punish myself......but Andy, here is just a little history on the two school districts to keep in mind when considering the cities "border."

See I really don't consider the two districts as the divider for historical reasons.  For anybody that wants to know why we have two separate districts you have to go back to the beginnings of Berwyn.  The area formerly known as "South Oak Park" (12th St. to 16th St.) used to be served by Oak Park schools.  In 1899 the Oak Park River Forest School district was established making their northern border Roosevelt Rd. (even then they were trying to distance themselves from us).  As a result in that year District 98 was formed to serve this now otherwise isolated area.  The first school built was General Custer in 1903 which is now Prairie Oak.  

District 100 originally came into the fold in 1888 as District 8 which included Cicero schools.  In 1901 Berwyn was separated from Cicero (Berwyn became a city in 1908) and the state legislature formed District 100 for the City of Berwyn.  The old district 8 schools, LaVergne (built 1888), Irving (built 1893), and Emerson (built 1895) were now District 100 schools.  

Berwyn was basically two separate communities which warranted two separate districts.  When central Berwyn started to fill in during the 1920s, this "school dividing line" was drawn for the VERY REASON the two school districts are separate today.  Power.  Plain and simple.  Even back then their was this animosity between "north & south."   Also consider even up until the 1950s Berwyn was not as densely populated as it is now.  Look at all of the 1950s raised ranch homes and two flats as evidence of that.  The pool of students was smaller, especially in the south, which gave District 100 more "territory."

Now you can fire away.

The Jackal

I'm not sure how anything you said refutes or contradicts my assertions regarding north south.

Bonster

Quote from: The Jackal on October 15, 2010, 09:27:41 AM
ABU,

You intimated everything north of 26th is the "north side", hence NORTH BERWYN I would imagine.
No, not North Berwyn (as in PD, D98...).  Truthfully I consider the area btwn 22nd & 26th "Midtown," or more accurately: Middle Earth.

Quote from: The Jackal on October 15, 2010, 09:27:41 AM
I can't imagine the "north side" of town being anywhere else but North Berwyn.
Sure you can; you intimated as such here before.

... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"