The Best Time You Ever Had In a Movie Theater....

Started by Sherman, September 08, 2011, 09:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sherman

And no, I'm not talking about the time you got to second base with Susie Mackijewski at the Olympic Theater back in '78.

What I mean is--have you ever gone to a movie and been totally blown away by what you saw?  When you saw a movie so good that you never wanted it to end?

For me, it was when I saw A Bronx Tale.

Picture it--the Summer of 1993.

I was 19 years old and still in the USMC at the time(0311-Infantry), and I was stationed out in Camp Pendleton, California.  Believe it or not, I missed home...which at the time was the most beloved Town of Cicero, Illinois, terribly.  Yeah, it sounds like bullshit--I mean, who could miss that toilet, right?  But, I did.

It was a Sunday, I was at the tail-end of a Friday night hook-up with this Jew broad from Beverly Hills--Pam Kaplan.  She was a nanny for this rich, fat cat couple who had a bunch of little rat bastard kids...and while she was a nice, moral, Marry Poppins-esque child care provider by day she was a full-on nympho who'd ride your dick into the ground by night, lemme tell ya.

I was getting low on my dough, so we decided to take in a flick at the dollar movie theater in town....and A Bronx Tale was playing.

In essence, although it was NYC...there was alot of the old Cicero in that movie.  I sat there for about two hours totally engrossed in that film, and I never wanted it to end.

Unfortunately, it did...so I took Pam back to the motel for another game of "Assault on Firebase Wookie", if you know what I mean. ;)

What about you guys?  Tell us your stories...if you dare! ;D

pkd50

Berwyn Patsy

Sherman

Oh, come on....I'm not looking for anybody to top that!

I just want people to share their experiences for the sake of nostalgia.... ;D

~LL~

If you are not part of the solution -- you are part of the problem.

dukesdad

I read this same story in Penthouse Forum about 25 years ago.

Berwyn Patsy

O.k. Then for the sake of nostalgia!
I remember going to the Atlantic Show on 26th St. Chicago, cuz all the cute boys were from
The original "old neighborhood" not from Cicero!
We saw Blue Denim with Brandon De Wilde a teen age heart throb at the time.  ahh, I think the
Year was 1959?  If I saw a rerun of that movie today, I probably would laugh to think I thought that
Was one of the best movies I saw as a teenager!

Sherman

Quote from: dukesdad on September 09, 2011, 11:01:09 AM

I'm more of a "Swank" or "High Society" type of guy, you know? ;D

Diona

I don't really have a big old story, but the movie I really loved & didn't want to end was when I saw Titanic in '98.

Now don't start beating me up guys, but I really did love the movie, cried like a fricking baby.  My boyfriend at the time & another couple double dated & the poor damn guys didn't know what to do with the 2 of us babbling on like a couple of newborn babies.  ;D

Loved the movie so much went back about 2 weeks later, took my sister & dammit we both cried like babies!  :D

Bonster

Quote from: Sherman on September 09, 2011, 11:22:14 AM
Quote from: dukesdad on September 09, 2011, 11:01:09 AM

I'm more of a "Swank" or "High Society" type of guy, you know? ;D

Club
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Ted

One of the few times I cried at a movie (and I saw other men crying as well) was Field of Dreams.

I saw it three times and I remember one of the times I saw it, there was a man in his 70s or 80s across the aisle from me and as the lights came on at the end of the movie, he was crying like a baby.

pioneer

Best movie experiences as a kid.........

Star Wars 1977

Empire Strikes Back 1980

Return of the Jedi  1983.....

Most disappointing movie experiences as an adult.....

The Phantom Menace 1999

Attack of the Clones  2002

Revenge of the Sith  2005

Sherman

Quote from: pioneer on September 13, 2011, 04:52:42 PM
Best movie experiences as a kid.........

Star Wars 1977

Empire Strikes Back 1980

Return of the Jedi  1983.....

Most disappointing movie experiences as an adult.....

The Phantom Menace 1999

Attack of the Clones  2002

Revenge of the Sith  2005

You've never even kissed a girl, have you? ;D

pioneer

tony la

I laughed so hard I was crying as a 11 year old. My stomach was actually sore.  I still remember around 1968 at the Atlantic "It's a mad mad world".  To this day when I see it, I don't know if I enjoy the movie or I enjoy remember the time I watched it for the first time.  And yes Patsy,  we were the cutest guys around.
Tony LaMonica  Broker 1998 Hall Of Fame
Prudential RUBLOFF 708-795-5000
Director Chicago Association of Realtors
WWW.TONYLA.NET

billyjean

Tony, Mad World had many funny scenes.  Most point to Jonathan Winters at the gas station, and I agree it was very funny.  I think one of the funniest scenes is Sid Caesar in the basement of the hardware store bustin his nuts trying to break down the door.  I think everybody could identify with that.  And Dick Shawn as Sylvester ... omg that guy was funny.  Mickey and Buddy were hysterical also.  Still a great movie you can watch with kids and everybody has tons of good laughs.

One of the best times I had was with a double header.  A bunch of us went to see Woody Allen in Bananas.  We knew what to expect with that film, however, we had absolutely no idea what the other movie was about.  The movie was "Where's Papa".  You can watch this movie in 4 parts on youtube if you wanted to.  It's the story of Gordon, a bachelor attorney that has the care of his mother after the death of his father.  Gordon has one brother who is married with children.  Obviously, cause Gordon is a bachelor he would like to date and have a relationship, but MOM stands in the way, and his brother doesn't help him out.  This was like 1971, and we were not prepared for this movie.  Some of it was actually shocking for this day and age.  But it had tons of laughs.  Best way to watch this is to invite ppl over to share the laughs, which are many.

http://www.youtube.com/v/z4qUk0EcMt4?version=3&hl=en_US

tony la

WP, I did see.  I must say I was pretty young and it was not as funny then as it may be now.  Its a mad mad world.  Please understand that I was so young that I never even heard of most of the actors.  And as I got older I realized what a loaded cast it was.  Ethel Merman, Phil Silvers, Buddy Hacket, Jonathan Winters...I know I missed a ton of others.  We just went to the show that night like we did every friday night not even knowing what was playing.  It was a great surprise that stayed with me for ever.  I have lost touch with those guys, but I know they still remember that night when we had the time of our lives.  Oh to be 11 again.
WWW.TONYLA.NET

billyjean

Quote from: tony la on October 10, 2011, 04:00:53 PM
WP, I did see.  I must say I was pretty young and it was not as funny then as it may be now.  Its a mad mad world.  Please understand that I was so young that I never even heard of most of the actors.  And as I got older I realized what a loaded cast it was.  Ethel Merman, Phil Silvers, Buddy Hacket, Jonathan Winters...I know I missed a ton of others.  We just went to the show that night like we did every friday night not even knowing what was playing.  It was a great surprise that stayed with me for ever.  I have lost touch with those guys, but I know they still remember that night when we had the time of our lives.  Oh to be 11 again.

Yeah, I don't think an 11 year old would have understood all the laughs except for the sight gags.  Plus it was one of the rare movies at that time that had the F word and nudity in it ... as a comedy.  I don't think your parents would have approved of you seeing that one.  I was over 21 when I saw it.

tony la

you would be suprised what an 11 year old would see in the 60-70's.  Blue Island Bus on the corner willing to take you downtown for 15 cents.  You probably would not let your 11 year old go downtown by theirselves today, but back then our parents did.  We went every weekend.  You could spend the whole day there for 3 dollars. 
WWW.TONYLA.NET