News:

TOS updated 12/22/05 -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/TOS/

Main Menu

"Illinois couple faces cocaine charges"

Started by markberwyn, September 21, 2006, 09:30:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markberwyn

Haven't seen this in the local papers.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060921/LOCAL/609210477/1006

By Vic Ryckaert
vic.ryckaert@indystar.com
Indianapolis police arrested two Illinois residents and seized about two pounds of cocaine after a traffic stop on the Eastside Wednesday.

Juan Metia, 46, Berwyn, Ill., and Ricelda Sanchez, 45, Cicero, Ill., were arrested on charges of dealing and possessing cocaine; Metia also faces a gun charge, Lt. Randall West said.
Police stopped a vehicle with a cracked windshield as it exited I-70 in the 2300 block of Emerson Avenue at about 4 p.m., West said.
The male driver appeared nervous and a police dog indicated the presence of drugs in the vehicle, West said.
Officers searched and found a kilogram (2.2 pounds) of cocaine and a .380-caliber handgun, West said.

Call Star reporter Vic Ryckaert at (317) 444-2761.
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

Paul Fuentes

Quote from: markberwyn on September 21, 2006, 09:30:20 AM
Haven't seen this in the local papers.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060921/LOCAL/609210477/1006

MAYBE....just maybe,,,,because this did NOT happen locally.  AND, MAYBE...just maybe...because the tie to Berwyn is as slim as a stream of p---?

Just because some MO gives his address as BERWYN doe not make it local-worthy news.

P.S.  Sounds like a case a GOOD lawyer can beat... ;)

markberwyn

Quote from: Paul Fuentes on September 26, 2006, 11:13:26 PM
MAYBE...just maybe...because the tie to Berwyn is as slim as a stream of p---?

I don't know if the tie is slim. Neither do you, Paul. A guy from Berwyn transporting a kilo of coke--a felony serious enough to merit up to 15 years in prison and a $250,000 fine--to Indianapolis could speak to any number of things. Drug trafficking out of Berwyn/Cicero; drug trafficking out of Indiana and into Berwyn/Cicero; a dude with a habit that would put Tony Montana to shame.

I'm being a little hyperbolic here--probably because I've been watching season three of "The Wire" lately--but I don't think this would be unworthy of coverage in the local papers.
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

robertcarr

P-PANTHER a/k/a La Pantera

Cracked windshield????? Hmmmm...........interesting.

Nervous? driver?
Even more interesting.

Contraband sniffing dogs????

I would venture to say that Indiannapolis was not the destination nor point of origin. I would also venture to say that Padrino is correct, don't read too much into the Berwyn connection.
"I am interested in the PAST and do not really understand the obsession around here about burying it."-Crunchie.

"La Pantera..He's one of the few people on this board that CUTS THROUGH THE BSers on this board - myself included." -Ted