News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

Condolences to Bonster

Started by mustang54, July 12, 2009, 03:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MRS. NORTHSIDER

My condolences to you and your family on the loss of your mother - hang on tight to one another to help get you through this difficult time. 

Berwyn Patsy

Bear asked me to pass on his condolences to you and your family, his
prayers and thoughts are with you in the coming days.

pkd50

Did Bear get the boot again?

Marcy

I'm sorry to hear about your loss, Bonster.  I hope you and your family will find peace.
Marcy

Classof67

OakParkSpartan

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

pkd50

Bonster

Thanks all, I deeply appreciate it.

This happened so fast; my head's still spinning.  Thankfully, we were able to tell her we love her and she responded with the same, plus some.  She was the most loving person in our family, and least deserving of this fate.  Extremely energetic and upbeat, I used to say she was "bonster" without the nastiness and profanity, yet after watching her brave this I know I'll never touch her level of grace and dignity.

She died of primary malignant heart cancer - extremely rare.
She wasn't defeated, never cried, and in the end said to me, "It's going to be all right.  We tried; we did everything we could do."
At worst, she scrawled a note to my dad Thursday, July 9th asking: "Will I ever get better?"
That day they told my dad there could be no more treatments.

Thanks again to everyone for all your support during this time.
My head's still spinning; this all happened way too fast.

I love you, Mom. Goodbye.
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Bonster

Quote from: chandasz on July 13, 2009, 03:06:26 PM
The loss of a mother-- while it will be shared by us all at some point-- is the hardest guaranteed thing I think we are expected to face.
+1
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

BRoWN

Bon, my thoughts are with you. God Bless

littlealexa

Bonster, my condolences to you and your family on the loss of your Mom. 

Alex

HenriettaPussycat

Fer

My thoughts are with you.  Doesn't matter how old or young you are...losing your mom rocks you to your core.  My own has been gone for 25 years & I still get weepy/angry/sad when I think of her dying so young...
"Life is short. Enjoy it."
J. Sullivan, 7/28/06

WIZARD

My condolences to you and your family, stay strong!

Ozzie