COW/ and City Council Meeing 3/20/2007

Started by Berwyn Patsy, March 21, 2007, 08:23:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang54

Would these 5 people just be covering the same times that people are being paid overtime to work, or would there be an actual increase of the number of people per shift? The key especially with the spring and summer weather coming is increasing the number of people per shift. If that can be done for 21k a year its a no brainer.

OakParkSpartan

I believe it is to increase the number of people per  shift.  The other difficulty with the part-timers is apparently if their primary employer needs them,  they take precedence.

Cheers,
Brian
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Bonster

I can't believe Berwyn's been that short-staffed, both on the force and in dispatch for so long?
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

OakParkSpartan

They've been using part-timers in dispatch, but as I said, if the regular job calls, what do you expect them to do?

The officers have been under staffed for a while.  Need to ask Frank M about that.

Cheers,
Brian
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

scoon

Quote from: bohemian on March 21, 2007, 06:05:34 PM
QuoteAnd as for it being a stepping stone, why do you imply that's a bad thing?  Legitimately curious.

Hopefully what you will learn about Berwyn politics is that there are VERY few people that "WANT to help the community where they live" and more who want these positions for personal gain or because they want to boost their own ego's.

Why would I have to learn about Berwyn politics to know that?  How is that different from politics anywhere else?  Still legitimately curious.

Count DMC

Quote from: Bear on March 21, 2007, 10:30:28 PM
Quote from: P-PANTHER on March 21, 2007, 07:17:33 PM
Brian,

I don't think it's biterness at all but rather a lifetime of hard lessons. Fortunately, there is a light at the end of the tunnel with some newcomers (and some old timers) who are trying to change the way things are usually done and the prevailing mindset. Nonetheless, it's very difficult to expect people in this town to take things at face value, at least for now. They've had a lifetime of jaded experience.

Pantera, that mindset is gone, what was once considered the chosen few, has become
the power of the new Berwyn, we are the majority of change of which no political party here
has ever witnessed. We control Berwyn's destiny, unqualified politicians will be dismissed accordingly.

Is this guy for real? I mean do you sit up late at night thinking up this drivel? The power of New Berwyn? Is that the Berywn where the kids are stabbing each other or the one where residents do not want to fund the High School? Or is it the one where Starbucks and a Chilis will heal all of the social ills? Or is it the one where the people vote a new council adn mayor in and they screw up things over and over again?Controlling Destiny? This one is great!! You can't get people on your own block to stop littering and you control destiny? Man is this guy full of himself and a lot more.

And before some of you slam me for being "negative" or bringing up the "bad stuff" this is what is going on now, not in the future. That is where we all live, not in Utopia Berwyn, not Oak Park, Forest Park or anywhere else, but Berwyn.
Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this CITY isn't there?

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany than the Berwyn City Council.

OakParkSpartan

That's  why we want change.

And it was Applebee's not Chili's  ;)  No babybacks.

Cheers,
Brian

scoon

If TGI Friday saves us we can say "TGI TGI Friday!"

tgoddess

Scoon...

As long as you're wearing the requisite number of pieces of "flair." ;)
"Well, I guess I'm fuckin' forty...I'm a petered out Peter Pan...sometimes I feel foolish...I make my livin' singin' in this band..." - John Eddie

P-PANTHER a/k/a La Pantera

tgodess,

Scoonius prefers the au natural look.
"I am interested in the PAST and do not really understand the obsession around here about burying it."-Crunchie.

"La Pantera..He's one of the few people on this board that CUTS THROUGH THE BSers on this board - myself included." -Ted

Curious George

Quote from: P-PANTHER on March 22, 2007, 12:17:21 AM
Bear,

Don't be so sure of that. '09 is just around the corner. Beware of the wolf in sheeps clothing.

I agree that the mindset has changed quite a bit, but the lessons of the past haven't been forgotten.

Panther, don't be so negative about the future.  I am sure there are gonna be a few surprises from all sides.  With that being said, political alliances may change and for the better.  Actually, maybe da mare winning in '05 sent the wake-up call to all politicians in town.  This can only make Berwyn better and stronger.  New ideas and more people will make Berwyn more interesting and politically stronger.

Curious George

Hey Count, thanks for being so gloomy all the time. 

Bonster

Quote from: curiousgeorgethemonkey on March 30, 2007, 03:14:53 PM
Actually, maybe da mare winning in '05 sent the wake-up call to all politicians in town. 

Amen.
Keep preachin', CGM.

P-PANTHER a/k/a La Pantera

Actually, it sent a wake up call only to the BRDO. Everyone else was either relieved or overjoyed.
"I am interested in the PAST and do not really understand the obsession around here about burying it."-Crunchie.

"La Pantera..He's one of the few people on this board that CUTS THROUGH THE BSers on this board - myself included." -Ted

Curious George

Panther,

Really seems like it now, doesn't it?  IVB really stayed together, didn't they?. :angry8:

Count DMC

Quote from: curiousgeorgethemonkey on March 30, 2007, 03:17:25 PM
Hey Count, thanks for being so gloomy all the time. 

You are welcome curious, but heed the words of Panther, the wolves are out there and circling you poor little sheeple as we speak.  
Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this CITY isn't there?

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany than the Berwyn City Council.

Northsider--NOT Northside 7

Quote from: Count DMC on March 22, 2007, 11:52:27 AM
Quote from: Bear on March 21, 2007, 10:30:28 PM
Quote from: P-PANTHER on March 21, 2007, 07:17:33 PM
Brian,

I don't think it's biterness at all but rather a lifetime of hard lessons. Fortunately, there is a light at the end of the tunnel with some newcomers (and some old timers) who are trying to change the way things are usually done and the prevailing mindset. Nonetheless, it's very difficult to expect people in this town to take things at face value, at least for now. They've had a lifetime of jaded experience.

Pantera, that mindset is gone, what was once considered the chosen few, has become
the power of the new Berwyn, we are the majority of change of which no political party here
has ever witnessed. We control Berwyn's destiny, unqualified politicians will be dismissed accordingly.

Is this guy for real? I mean do you sit up late at night thinking up this drivel? The power of New Berwyn? Is that the Berywn where the kids are stabbing each other or the one where residents do not want to fund the High School? Or is it the one where Starbucks and a Chilis will heal all of the social ills? Or is it the one where the people vote a new council adn mayor in and they screw up things over and over again?Controlling Destiny? This one is great!! You can't get people on your own block to stop littering and you control destiny? Man is this guy full of himself and a lot more.

And before some of you slam me for being "negative" or bringing up the "bad stuff" this is what is going on now, not in the future. That is where we all live, not in Utopia Berwyn, not Oak Park, Forest Park or anywhere else, but Berwyn.
The new Berwyn is becomeing Bohemian Rap City.
Clowns to left of me; Jokers to the right; Here I am, stuck in the middle with you.

Bonster