News:

TOS updated 12/22/05 -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/TOS/

Main Menu

Lovable, Single Male...Seeks Companionship

Started by Matryoshka, February 21, 2008, 10:14:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bungalow

Kudos to you, BP, for understanding that the issue is temperment and training.  I'm at Berwyn's legal limit, too, so I see just a couple of chances to save this guy.  First, there is the breed rescue at 312-409-4577.  The e-mail is info@cbbr.info.  If that doesn't work, let me know how I can e-mail you and we can contact a friend who operates a rescue.

Bonster

Quote from: Bungalow on February 24, 2008, 11:15:19 PM
Kudos to you, BP, for understanding that the issue is temperment and training. 

...and the factors behind temperment are..........
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Koss

For all the folks on this board that don't seem to know the difference between over breeding and inbred there is a difference.   I suggest you get a dictionary and look it up.   Most dogs that are called pit bulls are not. American Pit Bulls.  How can these dogs be inbred when they are mixed with almost ever breed in the AKC.  If I show you folks 10 different pictures of dogs and told you to pick out the so called pit bull you would not be able to. 

Before you start playing God and condemning a breed at least know what you are talking about, you just show how ignorant you really are.  I suggest you watch this clip from youtube all the way thru, it might educate you just a little bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCSh8f8V66g

You can copy and past the above in your browser.

Matryoshka

The Pit @ A-American looks like the one from that video, in the pic w/Michael J Fox...

Koss

Love the picture with Micheal Fox.  Looks like a great dog.

Paul Fuentes

Quote from: 'Rita/aka Berwyn Scumbag Broad on February 21, 2008, 10:14:19 AM
If anybody is interested in adopting a lovable, young, male Pitbull, please call A-American and refer to case number 08-025.
This poor li'l doggie was terribly neglected and was emaciated when he was rescued, but is now in the process of being nursed back to health. He is a very sweet, playful puppy and will provide lots o' lovin'.

Sorry

I don't swing that way (although I have no beef against anyone that does).

ISO single (or neglected married) females who are not emaciated, but might need nursing back to health.

Pray to God I don't find a runaway.

M

ghost

That beautiful Pit has been adopted.  He will now be loved and cared for!!!

Yes, another Pit in Berwyn!

Matryoshka

Post some pix (if possible) so those heartless people who think of him as "just another Pitbull" can put a face w/the sweet, mistreated pup.

ghost

I will post some pics very soon.  You know as well as I do, that some of these people are hopeless and a pic of these sweet baby will not change there mind.

He is doing very well, took him to the VCA today and got him some antibiotics and other meds.  He should be doing find in about two weeks. 

This is an adorable, sweet, loving little pittie with a terrific tempernent!

Kpope

Yes, Berwyn you have another Pittie.   We are going to nurse him back to Health and you will see us on the Streets of Berwyn for our daily walks. 

As ghost said: he is one sweet loveable little boy.  His condition would break your heart; it never ceases to amaze me the cruelty man inflicts on the innocent. 

This little boy isn't even 1 year old and the most aggressive act he does is to lick you to death.   He has already forgiven all the abuse he has suffered.   He will do anything just to get a friendly word and a little love. 

Wouldn't that be nice if we all could do that? 

Someone once said you have nothing to fear but fear it self.   Maybe all of you should look in your hearts and see what you are afraid of.   Did this in Nam and it's wasn't quite so scary after that.

Will post pictures for the angels that let to his rescue, you really don't want to see him now, he really doesn't make a pretty picture..

Crunchie

He sounds like a great pet. My son rescued one from a shelter and it is just about the friendliest, happiest creature I have ever seen. People that think they're all killers need to open their minds and their eyes a little.

Koss

I agree with you.   ghost and kpope have really done a great act of kindness and it shows that they have a really big heart, which alot of the folks here lack. I have 3 rescues and I don't even have to lock my doors. So Berwyn is real safe place to live.

Bonster

Quote from: 'Rita/aka Berwyn Scumbag Broad on February 27, 2008, 09:10:09 AM
Post some pix (if possible) so those heartless people who think of him as "just another Pitbull" can put a face w/the sweet, mistreated pup.

I'm on it.  I was able to obtain a pic of this li'l sweetheart.

Kpope

Really nice picture of a dog being bored and yawing.  He actually looks like a nice dog.   I take it you would be afraid of this dog who would probably lick you to death.  Bonster you are right he does look like a little sweetheart.

~LL~

Quote from: Bonster on February 28, 2008, 02:15:40 PM
Quote from: 'Rita/aka Berwyn Scumbag Broad on February 27, 2008, 09:10:09 AM

I'm on it.  I was able to obtain a pic of this li'l sweetheart.

That's funny.  This dog does not look at all  like rescued pup who is the topic of this thread...new owners sent me a pic of him today.
If you are not part of the solution -- you are part of the problem.

Kpope

This isn't even a picture of a mean dog.   Just a bored dog.  Look at his eye, he does look like a sweetheart.

Bonster

Quote from: LL--Schmidt on February 28, 2008, 06:20:46 PM
That's funny.  This dog does not look at all  like rescued pup who is the topic of this thread...new owners sent me a pic of him today.

Post it, then.

ghost

Hi Bonster:

I don't know where you got that picture because that certainly is NOT the puppy I picked up at AAmerican.  However, that is one beautiful dog.  He looks adorable!

The puppy from AAmerican is much cuter though.  He is still recovering from the fact that he was starved, beaten and treated like a piece of garbage.  I know that you are probably very concerned over his health.  I wouldn't want you to worry too much.  He is now able to eat and drink water without throwing up because someone cared enough to stay up with him all night and feed him a little food every hour.   I'm sure that he will soon have fur where all the bite marks and scars are.  He had his second medicated bath and I'm sure that all the stains from laying in filith will fade.  His back legs are now straightening out and all the fungus on his paws is beginning to clear up.   He started his antibiotics yesterday to clear up the infections in his open wounds from all the bites and beatings he endured.

We will post some pics of him soon.    If you are wondering about him, I took some pictures of him to AAmerican to show the staff there how far he has come in two days.  If you can't wait you can go there and they will fill you in on his progress.

I'm sure you are eagerly waiting to see this adorable, loving and forgiving puppy!   He will soon be taking his daily walks down the streets of Berwyn!!!!!

Bungalow

Thanks for battling the ignorance and rescuing this guy, ghost.  Hope to see you while walking one of my great rescue dogs.

Kpope

You won't see ghost with Mr. Wiggles.  You will see me.  ghost will be walking her own rescued Pit/Dane mix.  He is a really big boy.  You have to be careful he will lick you to death. 

Mr. Wiggles is sleeping.  He hated the kennel at first had to put in a thick wool blanket then he snuggled into it and fell a sleep.  He whimpers and shakes in his sleep.  Only God knows the horror this little boy and endured to survive.  I gently wake him up and he just looks at me with his little sad eyes, and then snuggles back into the blanket.

Rita you did a really marvelous deed to rescue him.  But, Berwyn needs to find another place to take the animals they pick up in Berwyn.   A-American just continued to the horror this little boy has suffered.

He was kept in a cage to small for him, he was humped and he has lost all of his muscle tone.   He was dehydrated and malnourish.  They weighted in out at 28 lbs,

Just 3 days of food and water.  He has filled out; you can't see his ribs and backbone as much He almost looks like a normal dog.  A beautiful dog.   After his bath with medicated soap his fur is no longer falling out.  The scars are less visible now too.

A-American had him for 17 days and did nothing for him.  I will post pictures of him when I have him 14 days and you will be amazed at the difference.  He amazes me the difference in 3 days.

Thanks you Rita, L.L. Schmidt and of course Ghost you rescued him from A-American, because in a few more days he would have been dead for the mistreated given him at A-American.

I sure hope there isn't anyone here that takes their Pets there.   I wouldn' trust them any further than I could throw and elephant.  I wouldn't even let them give my Pets a treat.