News:

TOS updated 12/22/05 -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/TOS/

Main Menu

Lovable, Single Male...Seeks Companionship

Started by Matryoshka, February 21, 2008, 10:14:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berwyn Patsy

I thought A-American was the only animal hospital that Berwyn took any strays too.
Berwyn does need it's own animal shelter.  Cicero has one, why is Berwyn always one step behind?
Unless Berwyn has gotten a new vehicle to transport strays, what do they use?
Thank you for being so kind and heartful, your story made me sad.
Abuse is wrong, animal or human.

Bonster

Quote from: Kpope on February 29, 2008, 03:22:14 AMI will post pictures of him when I have him 14 days and you will be amazed at the difference.  He amazes me the difference in 3 days.

Mr. Wiggles story is sad, but not unusual, and A-American is only one of hundreds of shelters across the land which ignore the needs of their "rescues."  Sadder yet are the stories of those not picked up, left to die under the watch of their abusers.

Why won't you post a pic now, so we can have "before and after" shots? 
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

ghost

As you have noticed, I hardly come on this board to comment on anything.  There is one thing that I feel the need to clear up.

Mr. Bonster has a bug up his ass about a particular organization in Berwyn.  The name of this organization is call "Mothers on a Mission, Inc."  This organization was opened by a mother of three children who have developmental disabilities.  Her oldest, Ricky, has Down syndrome, her daughter Alexandra has Autism and her youngest, Tiffany, who was adopted, has Down syndrome, Autism, Heart problems, a portion of her lungs removed, hearing impaired and completely non verbal.  She was recently rescued by the Berwyn Fire Department and Paramedics.

This organization provides famillies that are raising children with disabilities with support, education and resources as they try to get through the special education system.  I know how hard it is to struggle with the Special Ed system while getting through the day to day efforts of trying to raise a child with a disability.  Many don't know what it is like to raise our precious children, however this mom knows and has decided to help other families.

Bonster has decided to attack this organization due to the fact that the DCOB decided to donate to them through there "I Love Berwyn Event" the split the pot.
The reason the DCOB and Robert Lovero decided to do this was because he attended MOM's first annual Bowling Event and not only saw, but heard what these families go through on a daily basis.  Robert and Tony talked with Cathy Bedard, the Founder and Director, and heard about the efforts of this new organization.

Bonster must have gone to the web site and saw that MOM, Inc. has on page 5 of their web site a section about adoptable dogs from Midwest Rescue.  Midwest Rescue is an organization that goes to shelters and rescues Pit Bulls that are about to be euthanized.  The organization then has the dogs termperment test and vetted before putting the dogs up for adoption.  The owner of MOM, Inc has adopted from this organization and saw for herself what the dog did for her children and has had her dog trained as a Service Dog.  In fact, her dog was one of  the runners up in the Pro Plan Rally to Rescue Nationwide Event and was sent to California for three days to receive his award in front on thousands of attendees and movie stars.  Yes, the dog is a Pit Bull/Dane Mix.   The most danger you are in from this dog is being licked to death!!!!!!

Bonster has posted comments such as:

Feb 26th:  They are garnering votes without a plan, based upon handshakes and a wink, paying folks at their fundraiser, including organizations which give pit bulls away in Berwyn.  Read my signature - it was verified by your leader to my face.  Truth.

Well Bonster:  Lies, Lies, Lies, Lies!!!!!!!!  This organization has NOt AND WILL NOT  give, sell or adopt out any pit bulls.  Has never done it and will never do it!!!!!!!!!

Jan 29th:  "Mothers on a Mission-supported by Larry Dominick and DCOB, We sell pit bulls in Berwyn.  I am a member of the City Council"

Once again Bonster:  Lies, Lies.  I'll give you one partial truth:  Yes, Larry Dominick and his wife Elizabeth do support MOM, Inc.  Larry Dominick has made sure that all families raising a child with a disability in Cicero have access to their community.  He has started a wheel chair base ball team, his is remodling all the play grounds in Cicero to be handicapped accessible and putting handicapped accessible play equipment in the parks.  He started a program in the Cicero Library for children with disabilities and made sure that there was toys for the children at the library too.  (Yes, our children are not always welcome at their neighborhood libraries due to the noise they make)
He celebrates Developmental Disability Awareness Month in March.   In fact, if your interested, you can attend this years event on March 4th at the New Community Building he built.  The event will begin at 10:00 a.m.   By the way, the new building has an elevator in the gym so the children with disabilities can get to the stage.
He holds education events at the President's Office for People with Disabilities for families raising a child with a disability.

Yes, Mr. Lovero decided to support the organization after he saw what Cathy has accomplished in one short year.

But Once Again:  NO,  MOTHERS ON A MISSION, DOES NOT SELL PIT BULLS.

Feb. 13th: 

Please Attend the "I Love Berwyn" Party on Friday - "The DCoB is giving the proceeds of their raffle to an organization peddling Pit Bulls in Berwyn!"

Lets clear this up yet again.  Yes, the DCOB did give the proceeds of  the raffle to MOM, Inc.  NO the organization does not peddle Pit Bull in Berwyn.  Get it straight Bonster, before you post.

Feb. 15th,

Quote from Felix Greco

Well, enough of my long winded response, and its fime for me to get ready for the DCOB's "I Love Berwyn"

Quote from Bonster:

Have a good time, but please, do not support the prolifertion of Pit Bulls in our fair city.  (don't contribute to the raffle)

Feb. 24th,

Rita.....

If you really want to continue the proliferation of Pit Bulls in Berwyn, consider contacting the award recipient of teh DCoB's "I Love Berwyn" raffle.

Feb. 25th,

I sure hope their lineage is known and they're not resuces from breeders.  Are these from Mothers on a Mission?  UH OH!

Now, really Bonster, what the hell is your issue.  Let's make this clear once and for all, Mothers on a Mission, Inc., a very small, new organization, struggling to survive with only one objective:  to help families that struggle daily to have some sort of a "normal" life while raising their very special child, has NEVER sold, given or adopted out any dogs!!!

Got it!  Now get on with your life!!!

By the way, Mr. Wiggles is doing great.  Wouldn't want you to worry about him!

Bonster

Yay!!! 

I knew, watching you spying my profile over and over, that you had something in for me.

Here's a thought.  Change your web page.  Oh!  You did!

Tell me, ghost, why did you remove any inference to PIT BULLS from page one?

Embarrassed about the breed?

Maybe YOU don't give them away, but you peddle them on your web page, and by your previous posts here, it's obviously your breed of choice.  Good luck garnering support for this.  Like it or not, these dogs are a hot button topic in Berwyn.

ZORBA

I'm thoroughly confused here. What do pit bulls have to do with disabled children?

Bonster

Comedy:
I'll give you one partial truth:  Yes, Larry Dominick and his wife Elizabeth do support MOM, Inc. Larry Dominick has ...<sucking up to Larry D.>... New Community building he built.

Robert and Tony talked with Cathy Bedard, the Founder and Director, and heard about the efforts of this new organization.
Yes, Mr. Lovero decided to support the organization after he saw what Cathy has accomplished in one short year.

Yes...some fine organizations you align yourself with. 
Yes, when I had that in my sig line, instead of coming to me like you finally have, you (or whomever- Cathy?) go crying to Tony.  Tony and Robert had no clue you were peddling Pit Bulls on the Internet, but their typical response was to call the Bonster Complaint Hotline (and a few others) instead of coming to me...typically old guard.

ZORBA

what's the bonster complaint hotline?

can I call there also to lodge various complaints and grievances?

Bonster

Quote from: SILK on February 29, 2008, 11:47:17 AM

Ask Bobby.
Or delbowz. ;)

Quote from: delbowz on February 20, 2008, 02:54:01 PM
And now, everyone, please make sure the all lines are open on the bonster complaint hotline.  Operators need to be standing by to take some calls.

ZORBA

who's delbowz?

bobby? I thought he was the sausage guy?

Bonster

Quote from: ghost on February 29, 2008, 11:14:46 AM
Bonster has decided to attack this organization due to the fact that the DCOB decided to donate to them through there "I Love Berwyn Event" the split the pot.

Nice spin.  I never attacked M.O.M.  I attacked the DCoB for for supporting an organization that clearly peddles Pit Bulls in Berwyn on behalf of midwestrescueabull.org.  I don't need to attack MOM. 

java

In reading through the MOM website, www.mothersonamission.org, it appears the mission of the organization is: 

"Providing families with support, education and resources as they navigate their way through the special education system."

Truly an admirable mission, worthy of a 501c3 designation, and support from local politicians.

But page 5 confuses the message of the organization.  It confuses the mission of the organization.  It is unrelated and controversial.

I would support the mission of pages 1-3 of the organization, but not page 5.   I understand that there is research that supports the therapeutic benefits of the interaction between dogs and disabled children.  But I can't make the connection/leap from pages 1-3 to 5.

The City of Homers

Koss

Bonster I know you got a bug up your ass...  I went to MOM's Inc and checked out the website.  To me it looks like they are really doing one Hell of a good job.  With the special needs children.   

They are only stating facts and offering other families the opportunity to find and rescue an abused dog to help the special needs children.  Your post show just how consumed you are with hate.  You have to hate something. The obvious choices are you hate your life and wife and wish you had the guts to change it.  Or, your children are all shitheads and you are jealousy of others,   or you just hate your life period.   

Folk that take other people words and miss use them and twist them to suit there twisted mind are really sick individuals.   After this last post I know you are.  Bonster get a life.

I could go on and on, but it will serve no purpose.  You are just one sick puppy.   You need professional help.   

I also heard you are a wan a be cop.   You attend a couple citizen classes conducted by the Police and now you think you know everything there is to know about the Berwyn Police.   It must have been a slow night you did the ride along or they would have had to clean and disinfect the squad, you would have messed all over yourself.

ghost

Well, Well, Mr. Ryan:

So glad to see you are interested in the Mom, Inc.  Web Site.  Please feel free to keep visiting the web site.  Maybe you will learn something.  Just in case you didn't paste it in your favorites spot:  www.mothersonamission.org

What do Pit Bulls have to do with disabled children?  Nothing.  It is a just one of the many breeds of dogs who are extremely loyal and loving that do a wonderful job as a Service Dog.  Anyone raising a child with a disability will tell you it is wonderful to have a service dog that can help on a daily basis.  Our children live their lives without friends and having one that is so loyal and loving provides them with joy and companionship.  On page 5 of the organization there is a post of many resources and information for families.  Yes, we do include a pet adoption resource that people can use or discard. 

Do you have any idea what these families go through.  It is apparent that you don't.  Thank God you don't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You apparently are someone who could not handle it.

We spend the majority of our days worring.  We are wading through mountains of paperwork, mostly medical bills.  Many of us are trying to diaper our adult children or are attempting to lift our 100 pound child on to a toilet.  We spend many sleepless hours at hospitals waiting for the results of test or wondering if this is the day our child is not going to make it.  We have to cut through tons of red tape just to get the services we need for our children.  Many of us have to spend our time at county hospitals because no insurance company is willing to cover our children.  We are trying to feed a child that is unable to chew or feeding them through a G-Tube.  Many of us that have children with Autism have to go days without sleep because our children don't sleep and we have to watch them so they don't do harm to themselves or another family member.  We spend our lives sitting at home because our family and friends are too intimated or unwilling to help with childcare and state agencies that are designed to help are suffering with cutbacks.  In short, these are families who are trying to patch up their broken dreams and attempting to have some sort of a normal life.  They are trying to survive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Thank God for agencies like Mothers on a Mission, Inc. that are willing to help. 

I sure would like to know what you do for your community.  You appear to be someone who enjoys trying to start trouble and stir the pot.  Appparently you have nothing  better to do with your life.  Also noticed  that you did not deny that you lied.  From all the PM's I have recieved it is apparent that most people realize that you enjoy being an antagonist.  Yes, the first page, as you so carefully noticed was changed.  Keep checking back, you will see that it happens quite often.  Yes, Pit Bulls are a hot button topic, that you so carefully quoted from someone who has left this board.  It does not take away from the fact that the agency has never and will never sell, adopt or give away a pit bull or any other dog that you so ignorantly stated.  Also noticed in your last post that you half heartedly attempted to back peddle.  Why? Are you embarressed and ashamed that you attacked a non profit  agency that is based in Berwyn that helps families raising a child with a disability?  You never mentioned Midwest Rescue before?  Did you decided to check the web site again?   By the way, get your facts straight again, I never called Tony or Bobby.  You can even subpeona my phone records and you will see that I did not call and Cathy Bedard did not call them either.  Who told you that I did that. 

I'm so happy I made your day by finally replying to all your ignorant  and blatant lies.  I will no longer take your bait and reply and let you continue to enjoy yourself.
Have a wonderful life Mr. Ryan.  Continue on!!!  By the way, keep editing your post and trying to back peddle!  Most people have read this and know what you posted.  My PM's show this to be a fact. 

Koss

I do have to comment on this.... You take what you want and twist it around to fit your own twisted mind.   You go completly off subject and string words together.  Yes there are folks to vote for.  All you have to do is read and comprehend what you read.   Check out their records and see were they stand on issues you are passionate about.    

I can't believe you are this stupid only fools want to start an argument over politics.  Only fools get upset and act out stupidly when someone doesn't agree with their politics.  Change people words around and call them a quote. You take things out of context and twist it the way you want it.  Shame on you Bonster.

You are the monster here not the pit bulls.

Which by the way one will be walking the streets of Berwyn with me.   Hope to meet a lot more folks with pit bulls walking their dogs out there too.

Bonster

Quote from: Koss on February 29, 2008, 12:40:25 PM
The obvious choices are you hate your life and wife and wish you had the guts to change it.  Or, your children are all shitheads and you are jealousy of others,   or you just hate your life period.   
Hey, maybe that's it!  Thanks!

I could go on and on, but it will serve no purpose.  You are just one sick puppy.   You need professional help. 

Must I remind you of your grand entrance to this board?  Look at my sig line...just a few of your quotes long before anyone insulted you.  I am not the one who needs professional help.

QuoteI also heard you are a wan a be cop.   You attend a couple citizen classes conducted by the Police and now you think you know everything there is to know about the Berwyn Police.  It must have been a slow night you did the ride along or they would have had to clean and disinfect the squad, you would have messed all over yourself.
LOL...hey, that's funny!  I think I'd like you, sick mofo!  haha...
No, don't want to be copper.  Just getting involved.  Tata!

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: SILK on February 29, 2008, 11:47:17 AM

That would be me and Scoon.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Bonster

Quote from: ghost on February 29, 2008, 12:43:00 PM
Well, Well, Mr. Ryan:

What do Pit Bulls have to do with disabled children?  Nothing. 
I did not ask that question.  Reading is a skill.  Try again!

QuoteDo you have any idea what these families go through.  It is apparent that you don't.  Thank God you don't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You apparently are someone who could not handle it.
I'd figure it out.  Would I have a choice not to?

QuoteAlso noticed  that you did not deny that you lied.

about what? 

QuoteYes, the first page, as you so carefully noticed was changed.

Answer the question:  why did you remove the PIT BULL reference?

Quotethat you so carefully quoted from someone who has left this board.
Not true.  I haven't quoted anyone who's left this board untill now ("reading is a....")

QuoteAlso noticed in your last post that you half heartedly attempted to back peddle.  Why?
Explain. 

QuoteAre you embarressed and ashamed that you attacked a non profit  agency that is based in Berwyn that helps families raising a child with a disability?
Again, Reading is a Skill.  I did not attack MOM...I referenced the DCoB.

QuoteI never called Tony or Bobby.  You can even subpeona my phone records and you will see that I did not call and Cathy Bedard did not call them either.  Who told you that I did that.

I was told it was Cathy, and apparently you're not her. 

QuoteHave a wonderful life Mr. Ryan.

Have a wonderful life Mr./Mrs. TooMuchofaCowardToPostThierName.

Bonster

Quote from: Koss on February 29, 2008, 01:33:11 PM
I do have to comment on this.... You take what you want and twist it around to fit your own twisted mind.   You go completly off subject and string words together.  Yes there are folks to vote for.  All you have to do is read and comprehend what you read.   Check out their records and see were they stand on issues you are passionate about.    

I have. 
I have spoken with DCoB'ers, and found all my supposition here to be.....TRUE.
Hence, there's nobody for me to vote for at this time.  Come again!

OakParkSpartan

You all might want to go back and read Java's post.

I also spoke to Tony about this subject (in my role as the Bonster Help Line), and frankly seeing what the organization does, and the adoption of pitbulls...I didn't see how you get from A to B.

Unless you live under a rock, you'd realize pitbulls are a hot topic in Berwyn, mainly because of the shitheads who own them and use them for intimidation.  I'm sure they are great dogs, given the right owner.  But the vast majority of people I see walking around Berwyn with Pit Bulls probably haven't adopted them for service animals.

Which got me thinking...don't service animals need to be tested for temperment and put through special training?  I think the whole service dog/pit bull link is a tenuous one at best.  Why would you pick a controversial breed (nationally, not just in Berwyn) and link it to your organization?

A quick check of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Service_dog and the links off of there seem to show that most organizations use Labs or golden retrievers as service dogs.  The promotion of pitbulls in Berwyn as service dogs naturally leads to confusion.

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

ZORBA

That was my first thought as well. WHY PIT BULLS? And why in Berwyn, of all places?