Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

Bank Developer Chosen

Started by Terri, January 11, 2007, 07:12:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terri

Bonster

Nice...glad something has been chosen.

What exactly are they doing inside the bank building itself upon restoral, retail?
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

tgoddess

If they DO actually manage to break ground by fall, I'll be absolutely THRILLED!

"Well, I guess I'm fuckin' forty...I'm a petered out Peter Pan...sometimes I feel foolish...I make my livin' singin' in this band..." - John Eddie

OakParkSpartan

The plan for the Bank is to put in an upscale restaurant.  NOT Applebee's,  TGIFriday's, Bennegan's etc.   Someplace that will serve good food.

I am hopeful this  project  will serve as a catalyst for our MainStreet efforts.

Cheers,
Brian
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

mrs. scoon

Well it's about darn time!!!  :o
You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't.  - Eleanor Roosevelt

renovatorbear

"Aldermen voted unanimously ..." 

WOW!  I don't know which surprises me more...a decision being made or the unanimous vote!

Maybe this will not only be the catalyst for the MainStreet efforts, but also for other decisions to be reached.

mrs. scoon

Quote from: renovatorbear on January 11, 2007, 09:22:50 AM
"Aldermen voted unanimously ..." 

WOW!  I don't know which surprises me more...a decision being made or the unanimous vote!

Maybe this will not only be the catalyst for the MainStreet efforts, but also for other decisions to be reached.

No kidding!  I can't believe they all agreed!

cozynite

Honestly, I think that they were all just sick of going back and forth with it.
"Politics is war without bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed."
-- Mao Tse-Tung

mrs. scoon

Maybe this is a sign of things to come...

Ana

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby

delbowz

I am cautiously optimistic.  It takes more than agreements and ground breakings anymore to get me hopeful....  I really hope this one pans out.  We need it.

Denise
Life is too important to be taken seriously. - Oscar Wilde

mrs. scoon

k6s2zvfw

i'm saying 100 to 1 AGAINST that they actually break ground this year.

most all banks require 25% pre-sales on the condo portion, or
signed leases on 50% of the commercial

hope i'm wrong

M

java

You are probably right, but hopefully wrong.  What the hell.  I'll take that bet.  Let's make it my $1 to your $100.

Mark Titzer
The City of Homers

delbowz

Quote from: k6s2zvfw on January 11, 2007, 04:07:30 PM

hope i'm wrong

M

I think we ALL hope you're wrong!!! (but I think we all know you're right.)

Denise
Life is too important to be taken seriously. - Oscar Wilde

Rizzo

Still basking in the light of progress.  Pleased that the good ship berwyn is starting to move toward the future.  All eight cylinders of the aldermanic engine firing none stalling.   

Count DMC

QuoteMaybe this is a sign of things to come...

It definitely is a sign. It has been foretold in the Book of Revelations, 8-22,23

" When the Purpled one gets the eight headed serpent to agree upon anything, be it the color of the seas, the sky, or time of day, the Reckoning will begin.  Woe to the son of man, especially in Berwyn."

There is more but I am short on time.
Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this CITY isn't there?

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany than the Berwyn City Council.

Guy_on_Clinton

Quote from: k6s2zvfw on January 11, 2007, 04:07:30 PM

hope i'm wrong

M

IF YOU BUILD IT< THEY WILL COME
SPINDLEVIEW RULES!!!!!!!!

niuhuskie

Great news. The architect is tops as well. Aside from Carosons, hes worked on the Rookery and Reliance buildings. If you've ever seen the restoration work done on any of those, you know its breathtaking. I know Blair Kamin (architecture critic) from the Tribune gave absolutely glowing reviews when Carson's was finished. Of course, we wont be nearly on that kind of budget, but I'm sure it will still be spectacular.

Lets just keep our fingers crossed "Superblock" can stop imitating "Block 37".