Proksa Park Ball Field Lighting Project & Tennis Court Project

Started by Jeff Janda, June 15, 2007, 04:14:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Janda

On June 14th the Berwyn Park District tested the new ball field lighting at Proksa Park with great success.  The lighting project is nearly complete with on site programming and training by the manufacturer to be scheduled in the immediate future.  The lighting is superb and the new green technology limits light glare and spill into the neighboring areas. 

The Proksa Park Tennis Court Renovation Project is also well underway with the old surface and fencing having been removed and a new bituminous court has been installed.  The project should barring any inclement weather be completed i the next two weeks.  The new courts will be surrounded by a new 10 foot fence.

Both of these  projects were funded by general obligation bonds issued after the successful referendum in 2006 for $790,000 to fund capital improvements. Please stop by and check out the projects. 

Please call for further information or visit www.berwynparks.org.

Respectfully,

Jeff Jandy, CPRP
Executive Director
jjanda@berwynparks.org

OakParkSpartan

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

P-PANTHER a/k/a La Pantera

"I am interested in the PAST and do not really understand the obsession around here about burying it."-Crunchie.

"La Pantera..He's one of the few people on this board that CUTS THROUGH THE BSers on this board - myself included." -Ted

Jeff Janda

The Proksa Park Ball Field Lighting Project has been substantially completed except for minor landscape restoration around the poles and building.  Musco Inc. will be conducting training for the computer scheduling module next week.  The lights are incredible and provide 85 foot candles at home plate according to light meter testing.  The Green Technology focuses the light so precisely that the light spill doesn't cross the streets.

The next step is the baseball field backstops.  Architectural drawings are being updated to reflect the current elcrtrical supply and positions to the poles as to not hit any lines with fence poles.  The East ball diamond backstop will be renovated and the West ball  diamond backstop will be completely replaced.  Part of the funding for this project was secured as a $25,000 State of Illinois grant by Senator Sandoval.  The project will be moving forward now that the regular softball/baseball season is ending.

Lastly, after a slight delay the tennis court fencing is scheduled to be installed July 19 for the new line poles and the fence fabric next week on the 25th according to the contractor.

Thank you for you patience during the consrtruction and renovation period.  The finished projects will improve the look and usability of the parks.

ENJOY YOUR PARKS!

tgoddess

Jeff,

Glad to see the park district is making Berwyn more beautiful!
"Well, I guess I'm fuckin' forty...I'm a petered out Peter Pan...sometimes I feel foolish...I make my livin' singin' in this band..." - John Eddie

Bear

Quote from: tgoddess on July 17, 2007, 01:58:50 PM
Jeff,

Glad to see the park district is making Berwyn more beautiful!

Yes indeed, the parks look very sharp...The floral planting at 34th and Kenilworth
is beautiful....Our parks have always been an outstanding ammenity.
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

menace2society

That's great, but how do we get Januara Park to look as good?  The light project has stalled, the fields suck, and the bleachers and fences are completely abused.  Try playing softball there and you'll notice that they no longer lock the bases and equipment up and put it out for games.  The pitching mats are all missing pieces, the bases are broken...what a freakin' mess.  The park district needs to take over this park and re-vitalize it.  PLEASE!  Mr. Tony has done nothing for Berwyn lately....except collect his 3 paychecks.

Terri

Quote from: menace2society on July 18, 2007, 08:18:20 AM
That's great, but how do we get Januara Park to look as good?  The light project has stalled, the fields suck, and the bleachers and fences are completely abused.  Try playing softball there and you'll notice that they no longer lock the bases and equipment up and put it out for games.  The pitching mats are all missing pieces, the bases are broken...what a freakin' mess.  The park district needs to take over this park and re-vitalize it.  PLEASE!  Mr. Tony has done nothing for Berwyn lately....except collect his 3 paychecks.
I suppose the problem you see with Janara Pk. has been addressed with Tony M.  What was the response?  I don't know how the softball teams are organized but if the teams have a person independent of the Park Dist. they should talk to Tony M. and/or remember there is an open forum before the City Council meetings.  That ought to get some attention.  

menace2society

Good idea, Terri.  The open forum is a great idea.  If multiple teams show up to the meeting, perhaps someone would see the problem.  The city pays for and maintains Januara, right? 

Terri

Menace,

How 'bout a couple players, they'll get the drift.  I am not 100% sure that the City maintains the Rec/Janara.  Anyone else know for sure? 

scoon

dukesdad

QuoteI am not 100% sure that the City maintains the Rec/Janara.  Anyone else know for sure? 

the city is responsible for the Rec/Janura

Quote from: scoon on July 18, 2007, 11:31:22 PM
Quote from: P-PANTHER a/k/a La Pantera on June 15, 2007, 05:57:15 PM
Who's Jeff JandY?

Show some respect Panther.  It was a typo.  He works for our next Mayor.

Go take a hike, pal. I've known the kid since he was a youngster. I KNOW how to spell his last name. THAT is why I pointed it out.

But since you're in with the "in" crowd, maybe you can ask Jeff where he went to grammar school.   
"I am interested in the PAST and do not really understand the obsession around here about burying it."-Crunchie.

"La Pantera..He's one of the few people on this board that CUTS THROUGH THE BSers on this board - myself included." -Ted

OakParkSpartan

Um, does anyone really care where anyone went to grammar school?  Especially 30 years after the fact?
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

I care, and I didn't ask YOU. If you knew the answer to the question, it's relavence would be readily apparent.

If you don't know something, I suggest you refrain from commenting.

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: P-PANTHER a/k/a La Pantera on July 19, 2007, 03:02:39 PM
I care, and I didn't ask YOU. If you knew the answer to the question, it's relavence would be readily apparent.

If you don't know something, I suggest you refrain from commenting.

No need to heed your suggestion.  I don't need smart-assed comments nor advice.

scoon

Ted

tgoddess

I can sort of understand why someone would say, "So, where'd you go to college?" but honestly, I cannot imagine why ANYONE would care where someone went to grammar school unless, of course, he/she were in grammar school him/herself.

I can confidently say that I've never had someone in my adult life ask me that question.   Just seems like a completely ODD thing for anyone over the age of 12 to bring up.
"Well, I guess I'm fuckin' forty...I'm a petered out Peter Pan...sometimes I feel foolish...I make my livin' singin' in this band..." - John Eddie

Bonster

Quote from: Ted on July 22, 2007, 08:31:39 AM

Was P-Panther banned??

Too bad you can't be banned on a per-sub-category basis.
I like having fun with him on the Sports forums.
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"