Berwyn Park District Needs Your Help to Stop Thefts

Started by Jeff Janda, August 10, 2007, 12:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apatriot

cameras only show people are there.  You can't ID anybody under those conditions.  I have no idea how many dogs are active on a daily basis.  Just something to kick around.

~LL~

Quote from: Bonster on August 12, 2007, 05:41:37 PM

I agree about the signage.  In fact, I think that's an important part in letting idiots know that measures are being taken, making them think a bit. 
I've always wanted signs at the beginnings of major arteries in Berwyn for the noise ordinance to inform the ignorant before they inform me of their presence.

I'm in for lobbying hard and heavy for this.  Signs posted regardng the fine & tow procedure for  loud 'music' (term used loosley...)from vehicles might make some think twice and at least kill that #!*@)+!* subwoofer when traveling through Berwyn.  Even with the increased revenue the City is getting from "the ignorant", that whole process has a price.  An officer has to wait around for a tow truck, etc. and fill out even more paperwork instead of going back on the street.  Signs = very good idea!

If you are not part of the solution -- you are part of the problem.

Bear

Such signage would only give us a negative conotation as a problem community to outsiders,
the perps would not see them anyway or care if they did. Enforcement is doing the job, and
creating some serious new found revenue. The current program has been very effective.
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

~LL~

Quote from: Bear on August 12, 2007, 08:46:16 PM
Such signage would only give us a negative conotation as a problem community to outsiders,

Enforcement is doing the job, and creating some serious new found revenue. The current program has been very effective.

I thought such signage might give the impression that our community was one that valued peace and quiet. 
And, yes - certainly enforcement has been first rate.  Best summer yet in my neighborhood. But, that enforcment means paper work and  officer's time consumed.

Bonster

Doesn't seem to have that effect on Oak Park, now does it?  Yes, they have such signage, and no, it's not a matter of emulating Oak Park, just a matter of being more effective.

Sure they're doing their job, but as LL said, their methods are time consuming, and I disagree the time is spent wisely (3 cops for this??).
The word doesn't spread to those outside of high school kids, and the ignorant are kept as such...bothering the homeowners till they "happen" to get caught...if they do.
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Bear

Ignorant=revenue as it will happen anyway...forever
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

Bonster

Quote from: Bear on August 12, 2007, 09:29:00 PM
Ignorant=revenue as it will happen anyway...forever

The point is to reduce the noise, not to entice them with an ill-advised waste of manpower.

~LL~

Quote from: Bonster on August 12, 2007, 09:00:55 PM

Doesn't seem to have that effect on Oak Park, now does it?  Yes, they have such signage, and no, it's not a matter of emulating Oak Park, just a matter of being more effective.
Sure they're doing their job, but as LL said, their methods are time consuming, and I disagree the time is spent wisely (3 cops for this??).
The word doesn't spread to those outside of high school kids, and the ignorant are kept as such...bothering the homeowners till they "happen" to get caught...if they do.

With U on both points, Bonster.  Well put.  I sincerely think a little signage will go a long way...

Sandy

There was a time in the late 70's early 80's when Proksa Park was being hit by muggers and at least 1 rape. Don't remember the details. They cut way back on shrubs / bushes at that time and the problem seemed to disappear.
"Modern cynics and skeptics see no harm in paying those to whom they entrust the minds of their children a smaller wage than is paid to those to whom they entrust the care of their plumbing."
John F. Kennedy

PamF

Don't forget, if you guys go the sign route, be sure it's in Spanish

Rizzo

Quote from: Sandy on August 14, 2007, 07:18:16 AM
There was a time in the late 70's early 80's when Proksa Park was being hit by muggers and at least 1 rape. Don't remember the details. They cut way back on shrubs / bushes at that time and the problem seemed to disappear.

So whats happened after the 70's & 80's that was 30 or 40 years ago.

What are your sources?

Rizzo

Quote from: PamF on August 14, 2007, 12:40:26 PM

Yup Polish, German, Italian, Swahili, and why not farsi

Count DMC

Quote from: PamF on August 14, 2007, 12:40:26 PM

Did you spend a better portion of your day thinking that one up?
Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this CITY isn't there?

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany than the Berwyn City Council.

Bonster

Count DMC

It's no longer Cermak Rd it's MAIN STREET USA now Bonster!! It 's all going to be fine now.
Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this CITY isn't there?

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany than the Berwyn City Council.

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: Count DMC on August 25, 2007, 05:26:03 PM
It's no longer Cermak Rd it's MAIN STREET USA now Bonster!! It 's all going to be fine now.

Wow, you sound like someone else I know...Na, he'd never post here.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Count DMC

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on August 25, 2007, 05:30:53 PM
Quote from: Count DMC on August 25, 2007, 05:26:03 PM

Wow, you sound like someone else I know...Na, he'd never post here.

It's the truth as the powers that be tell me, have you been told different?

Ana

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby

Sandy

Quote from: Rizzo on August 25, 2007, 08:46:50 AM
Quote from: Sandy on August 14, 2007, 07:18:16 AM

So whats happened after the 70's & 80's that was 30 or 40 years ago.

What are your sources?

My source is a probably faulty memory. I vagely remember this happening when I was in high school - 78 - 81. Didn't pay too much attention at the time.
"Modern cynics and skeptics see no harm in paying those to whom they entrust the minds of their children a smaller wage than is paid to those to whom they entrust the care of their plumbing."
John F. Kennedy