District hires new Superintendent of Recreation

Started by Jeff Janda, February 07, 2008, 11:46:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Janda

The Berwyn Park District is proud to announce the selection of Conor Michael Cahill as the Superintendent of Recreation.  Out of more than 30 resumes received from applicants from as far as Florida and Texas, Mr. Cahill was selected and began his employment on February 4, 2008 and works out of the Proksa Park Activity Center.  Conor has a B.S. in Recreation and Park Administration, Program Management and Commercial Recreation from Illinois State Univiersity.
Mr. Cahill was hired as part of an ongong reorganization of job duties and titles.  He will be responsible for the operation of the recreaction department.  The former Superintendent of Recration, Reba Wachal, will transition back into the District's Early Childhood Recreation Learning Program.   

Mr. Cahill previously worked as a facility supervisor for the Bensenville Park District and has a background in Aquatics, Youth and Adult Athletics, and Teen Programming as well as supervisory experience. Mr. Cahill brings great experience, youth and new ideas to the District.  As the District continues to grow and strives to provide the best recreational opportunites and facilities, Conor will be a welcome addition to the effort.  As Conor said on his first day at the District "I am excited for the challenge and responsibilities ahead.  The District has so much potential and I look forward to being part of the growth."

Mr. Cahill can be reached at 708-795-2893 and his email is ccahill@berwynparks.org.

Bonster

Quote from: Jeff Janda on February 07, 2008, 11:46:32 AM
Mr. Cahill was hired as part of an ongong reorganization of job duties and titles. 

We knew that, sorta...
http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=4827.0

Quote from: dukesdad on January 25, 2008, 11:53:19 AM
Hopefully he will breathe some life into our programs and increase attendance and participation. As it is now, we cancel way too many courses and programs due to lack of interest. My hope is he'll have some new ideas to better utilize our facilities.

bang a gong
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"