Mraz Park Fountain Dedication, Sunday, June 8 2008

Started by Jeff Janda, June 03, 2008, 11:43:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Janda

The Berwyn Park District cordially invites you to attend the dedication ceremony of the Centennial Fountain at Mraz Park on Sunday, June 8, 2008 at 12:30 pm. 

The fountain has been renovated and a second tier level of water has been constructed to help enhance the gateway of Berwyn in Mraz Park located at Riverside Drive and Oak Park Avenues.  The fountain renovation is in the spirit of the Centennial Anniversary of the City of Berwyn.  The Berwyn Park District Board of Commissioners in dedication to and celebration with the community have renovated the fountain and have made other improvements to the park.

Following the dedication ceremony, the West Suburban Concert Band will perform an outdoor concert in the park from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm.  Please bring you own lawn chairs.

Please join us as we continue to celebrate the Berwyn Centennial!

For more information, please contact the Berwyn Park District at 708.788.1701.

Bonster

Considering the crapping you're taking regarding the Sears home deal, I offer a hearty thanks for this.

Screw those who'll bitch and moan about this, I think it's great we've restored a measure of pride in this pretty little park and are no longer letting that fountain rot. 
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: Bonster on June 03, 2008, 12:05:09 PM
Considering the crapping you're taking regarding the Sears home deal, I offer a hearty thanks for this.

Screw those who'll bitch and moan about this, I think it's great we've restored a measure of pride in this pretty little park and are no longer letting that fountain rot. 

I think it is nice too.

Jeff didn't make the decision on the Sears home, rather the park commissioners did.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Bonster

Paul Fuentes

Quote from: Bonster on June 03, 2008, 12:22:02 PM
I meant the BPD as a whole...

Please feel welcome to state your position on anything related to the above.

I would more than welcome you explaining to the citizens of this town:

1.  When the BPD applied for a permit to tear down the house.
2.  Whether the BPD discussed the issue in accordance with the "Open Meetings Acts".
3.  How many actually attended a BPD meeting.
4.  Whether the permit to demolish was approved by those in power.

Last question,,,,why did it become an issue after all the LEGAL proceedings were followed and approved?  Who really dropped the ball?

I welcome all your knowledge and anything that you can provide to educate me and the others here. 

Citizen Fuentes.....(Rosebud)

ZORBA

Its not a LEGAL isssue, but rather an ETHICAL one.

The BPD taking advantage of others "falling asleep at the wheel" isn't exactly in the best interests of all those involved.

A better question is, when was the "Sears" status of the home discovered?

-Grant Aschutz's turkey baster

Bonster

Quote from: Paul Fuentes on June 12, 2008, 12:13:52 AM
Quote from: Bonster on June 03, 2008, 12:22:02 PM
I meant the BPD as a whole...

Please feel welcome to state your position on anything related to the above.

I would more than welcome you explaining to the citizens of this town:

1.  When the BPD applied for a permit to tear down the house.
2.  Whether the BPD discussed the issue in accordance with the "Open Meetings Acts".
3.  How many actually attended a BPD meeting.
4.  Whether the permit to demolish was approved by those in power.

Last question,,,,why did it become an issue after all the LEGAL proceedings were followed and approved?  Who really dropped the ball?

I welcome all your knowledge and anything that you can provide to educate me and the others here. 

Citizen Fuentes.....(Rosebud)

LOL......well then, IN THE CONTEXT of what you quoted me on, which was my lauding the efforts of the BPD (related to the above):

1.  What does that have to do with the fountain?
2.                         ( )
3.  What meetings, ever, and where?  (typical!)
4.  What does that have to do with the fountain?

Last:  What ball was dropped?  The fountain is being/ has been fixed.

I welcome all your comedy and anything you can provide to make me and others here laugh.

Citizen Yablonski........(Redbud).

ZORBA

bonster,

i think paul is referring to the sear home, not the fountain. seems we're stuck on that issue. if thats the case, maybe paul can tell us a) when the "unique" character of the home was discovered, and b) what's the BPD's rush?

p.s. LOL at the BPD meetings bonster. :D :D :D

Paul Fuentes

Quote from: SILK on June 12, 2008, 08:53:42 AM
bonster,

i think paul is referring to the sear home, not the fountain. seems we're stuck on that issue. if thats the case, maybe paul can tell us a) when the "unique" character of the home was discovered, and b) what's the BPD's rush?

p.s. LOL at the BPD meetings bonster. :D :D :D

To answer the first part of your question (a):

The unique character of the home was first brought up MONTHS after the permits were applied for and approved.  The minutes of the WHOLE process are available for you to FOIA.

To answer the second part f your question (b):

The BPD did everything above board.  If those that bitch now chose not to attend meetings, designate the property as a Historical house well prior to the MONTHS of process, and only pipe in after the process was all said and done, who is at fault here.  Moreover, even though the BPD had every legal right to proceed with their plans, THEY, have delayed the execution of the demolishment  in anticipation that the BHS offers a vialble alternative. 

So far this has not happened.

So, the ball is not in the BPD's court. 

Since you seem to know so much about it, please offer an informed solution.

Paul Fuentes
As far as your juvenile and uninformed "LOL" at the Berwyn Park District Meetings, if you had bothered to go to their website, you would have had a full calendar available to you: 
http://www.berwynparks.org/about_us/board_meetings.asp

You can also do your own research on the city council meetings that addressed the issue and approved their petition.

Paul Fuentes

Quote from: SILK on June 12, 2008, 07:25:55 AM
Its not a LEGAL isssue, but rather an ETHICAL one.

The BPD taking advantage of others "falling asleep at the wheel" isn't exactly in the best interests of all those involved.

A better question is, when was the "Sears" status of the home discovered?

-Grant Aschutz's turkey baster

That's quite an accusation.

Now, as an attorney, can u offer ANY credible evidence for your assertion?

ZORBA

I didn't make ANY accusation whatsoever. You yourself indicated that the "uniqueness"  of the home wasn't brought up until months later. You as an atorrney should know most laws have an exception/allowance for newly discoverabe facts, no?

Nonetheless, you still haven't answered what's the rush? You simply spew the same rhetoric about the legality of the process when nobody has questioned  such.

As far as the bpd, get a hold of yourself for God's sake. It's a suburban park disrict we're talking about, not the British Parliament or Israeli Knesset.

I'm tickled pink you've become the bpd's #1 cheerleader, but

ZORBA

Paul Fuentes

Quote from: SILK on June 13, 2008, 07:26:52 AM
I didn't make ANY accusation whatsoever. You yourself indicated that the "uniqueness"  of the home wasn't brought up until months later. You as an atorrney should know most laws have an exception/allowance for newly discoverabe facts, no?

Nonetheless, you still haven't answered what's the rush? You simply spew the same rhetoric about the legality of the process when nobody has questioned  such.

As far as the bpd, get a hold of yourself for God's sake. It's a suburban park disrict we're talking about, not the British Parliament or Israeli Knesset.

I'm tickled pink you've become the bpd's #1 cheerleader, but

1.   I have answered the question about what you decide to describe as a "rush".  The process took about all of about a year.  So your ponderings have no merit there.

2.   Not making accusations..???  Labeling th BPD's actions as unethical is quite an accusation.

3.  Cheerleading....I live here YOU DO NOT...so I will let the rest decide who has a vested interest in what affects their community...one which is not YOUR own.

BTW..I am still waiting on you to offer ANY evidence to substantiate the facts of your posts. 

I will be more than happy to take this to the BTF jury...

Learned Hand

Paul Fuentes

BTW

The fact that you are here 24/7 although you live bout 30 mins away is just weird dude.

But then again...

I'm not YOU

Paul Fuentes

Nice to see you decide to log off as soon as I login...

I rest

Bonster

Quote from: Paul Fuentes on June 15, 2008, 12:15:17 AM
3.  Cheerleading....I live here YOU DO NOT...so I will let the rest decide who has a vested interest in what affects their community...one which is not YOUR own.

I live here.  You're cheerleading Paul.  Come on. 
You CAN'T be so in love with the "Liberty Cultural Center" that you'd come to a Mraz Park Fountain thread and start a fight about the Sears home.

"BPD!  BPD!  We're number one!    BPD!  BPD!  We can do no wrong!
                              Screw the BHS - they ain't go no class!
                              Screw your stupid Sears home and shove it up your ass!
"

/

ZORBA

Mr. Fuentes,

Try your bs bully tactics with someone else.

I did not log off as soon as you logged on. I wasn't anywhere near a pc last night.

But now that you mention about how YOU live in Berwyn, you have for the last decade or so. Why all of a sudden the interest in the BPD? You have several thousand posts on this board, and I'm sure someone can track when the last time you wrote about the BPD (beyond this year).

As I've told you before, people can see you coming a mile away.

And the jury has spoken. See above.

p.s. you really don't want to get into what's weird, do you?

F. Lee Bailey's flask

ZORBA

Quote from: Paul Fuentes on June 15, 2008, 12:31:29 AM
Nice to see you decide to log off as soon as I login...

I rest

You should, permanently.

With every post you dig yourself a bigger grave, especially those past midnight.

p.s. I was sound asleep by 11:00 p.m. last night.

ZORBA

Quote from: Paul Fuentes on June 15, 2008, 12:15:17 AM
1.   I have answered the question about what you decide to describe as a "rush".  The process took about all of about a year.  So your ponderings have no merit there.

No you haven't.

I know how long the process took. That isn't the issue. The issue is when was the unique character of the home discovered.

Learned's HAIRY hand.

Berwyn100

I have been watching this thread with mild amusement.  The reason Paul has suddenly found interest in the business of the BPD is so he can continue to stroke his buddy Frank Amaro.  Paul needs to check his facts before he liquors up and "drunk posts."  I still don't know whose worse, Bernie or Paul?

-No annoying stupid lame not funny signature to end my post with