News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

Mraz Park Fountain Dedication, Sunday, June 8 2008

Started by Jeff Janda, June 03, 2008, 11:43:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZORBA

ZORBA

Quote from: Paul Fuentes on June 15, 2008, 12:31:29 AM
Nice to see you decide to log off as soon as I login...

I rest

btw, the time on this post is 12:31 a.m. Sunday morning.

Did the thought ever occur to you Mr Fuentes that I may have never logged off from earlier in the day (happens once in a while) and I "logged off" (as you claim) oh ...... right about the time the power went out in the entire neighborhood?

Keep posting though. It gets better by the minute. :D ;D :D

Mario Battali's linguine

ZORBA

time after time

Oh, I'm here and there....

(Unlike some people, I decided to let it go)  ;)

Paul Fuentes

Quote from: SILK on June 15, 2008, 09:49:28 AM
Mr. Fuentes,

Try your bs bully tactics with someone else.

I did not log off as soon as you logged on. I wasn't anywhere near a pc last night.

But now that you mention about how YOU live in Berwyn, you have for the last decade or so. Why all of a sudden the interest in the BPD? You have several thousand posts on this board, and I'm sure someone can track when the last time you wrote about the BPD (beyond this year).

As I've told you before, people can see you coming a mile away.

And the jury has spoken. See above.

p.s. you really don't want to get into what's weird, do you?

F. Lee Bailey's flask

A jury of 3 would seem quite a mistrial. 

Bottom line, the end result is still the same.  U spew out shit u cannot back up with one IOTA of credible evidence.

Still waiting to hear all the evidence to back ur assertions.

Paul Fuentes

Quote from: Berwyn100 on June 15, 2008, 11:07:02 AM
I have been watching this thread with mild amusement.  The reason Paul has suddenly found interest in the business of the BPD is so he can continue to stroke his buddy Frank Amaro.  Paul needs to check his facts before he liquors up and "drunk posts."  I still don't know whose worse, Bernie or Paul?

-No annoying stupid lame not funny signature to end my post with

Thanx HEAVY CHEVY

Maybe you could provide some facts that would matter.

Paul Fuentes

If anyone here can post ANY facts to back the aforementioned, please do so.

Paul Fuentes

Until then get the ......

Paul Fuentes

Quote from: Paul Fuentes on June 16, 2008, 12:48:06 AM
I have been watching this thread with mild amusement.  The reason Paul has suddenly found interest in the business of the BPD is so he can continue to stroke his buddy Frank Amaro.  Paul needs to check his facts before he liquors up and "drunk posts."  I still don't know whose worse, Bernie or Paul?

P.S. 

Bernie had nothing to do with this discussion.  It was me who participated NOT Bernie.  So there is no need to drag him into this. 

So for now, support the position you take without dragging anyone else into the fray between you, ME, and Silk. 

PLEASE have the HEAVY gonads to state your case, back it up, and be ready to respond to the volley.

Doubt you have the cojones....

Wuevo Checker

Paul Fuentes

No wonder we are where we are...the above is the ILLUMINATI of Berwyn at their best.

Need I say more??

Chuckles

ZORBA

I didn't spew out anything, nor did I accuse anybody of anything. I simply stated, in implicit terms, the obvious-the park district has, IMO, an ethical obligation to take necessary and appopriate measures to help preserve the house IF the uniquenes of it was discovered after the fact.

Now, once again Mr. Fuentes, when was the unique nature of the house in question discovered? (Its only the 3rd time I'm asking-feel free to answer at your leisure).

p.s. I'd like for you to show me where I accused anyone of anything. Why so testy? ;D

ZORBA

Quote from: Paul Fuentes on June 16, 2008, 12:46:58 AM
Quote from: SILK on June 15, 2008, 09:49:28 AM
Mr. Fuentes,

Try your bs bully tactics with someone else.

I did not log off as soon as you logged on. I wasn't anywhere near a pc last night.

But now that you mention about how YOU live in Berwyn, you have for the last decade or so. Why all of a sudden the interest in the BPD? You have several thousand posts on this board, and I'm sure someone can track when the last time you wrote about the BPD (beyond this year).

As I've told you before, people can see you coming a mile away.

And the jury has spoken. See above.

p.s. you really don't want to get into what's weird, do you?

F. Lee Bailey's flask

A jury of 3 would seem quite a mistrial. 

Bottom line, the end result is still the same.  U spew out shit u cannot back up with one IOTA of credible evidence.

Still waiting to hear all the evidence to back ur assertions.

You picked the pool my friend.

But we'll wait for 12....doubt its going to help you any.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

ZORBA

Quote from: Paul Fuentes on June 16, 2008, 01:16:29 AM
Quote from: Paul Fuentes on June 16, 2008, 12:48:06 AM

P.S. 

Bernie had nothing to do with this discussion.  It was me who participated NOT Bernie.  So there is no need to drag him into this. 

So for now, support the position you take without dragging anyone else into the fray between you, ME, and Silk. 

PLEASE have the HEAVY gonads to state your case, back it up, and be ready to respond to the volley.

Doubt you have the cojones....

Wuevo Checker

Quite admirable that you have become Bear's protector as well ................. gotta love it!

Quote from: Paul Fuentes on May 27, 2008, 11:37:54 PM
Quote from: frank white on May 27, 2008, 07:25:36 AM
Quote from: Bear on May 26, 2008, 10:19:05 PM
"Thsi si indicative of the small minded nature here on this board and with a majority in this stinking community."

mr. white, many of those involved here do not consider 60402 to be a "stinking community..."

Your stinky underpants with tread marks and attitude are much more offensive.

No Bear the blatherings of a drunk are much more offensive than anything I could ever post. Shall we go back and revisit some of the pearls you have dropped here? And enough of how much you are involved already, showing up as a bystander at every event in the Depot District does not really count as being involved does it?

You obviously underestimate the ties that bind.  So be it.  I will not expend one iota of energy on you.   But expect a blood-let with those u support. 

You FCK with my friends ergo U FCK with Me,
Nuff Said

Dre

Or maybe that wasn't you?

Rule #1: Don't defend an indefensible position.

-Jimmy Burke

Berwyn100

Paul,

First off, since this has become a legal matter, I would rather not speak of any details of what I know on the internet since it is not not my place to do so.  Actually, now that I think of it, it is not your place either.  Like I said, do your due dilligence before you drag good people and an organization through the mud. 

The only thing I will add to this discussion is that the city now has a Historic Preservation Commission.  When a building is going to be demolished why not run it past the commission who's purpose is to determine if a building has any "historic" significance before wiping if off the face of the Earth?  Oh that's right this is Berwyn.  We do what ever the fuck we want, when we want.

Mayor Daleys Office

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: Berwyn100 on June 16, 2008, 02:58:07 PM
Paul,

First off, since this has become a legal matter, I would rather not speak of any details of what I know on the internet since it is not not my place to do so.  Actually, now that I think of it, it is not your place either.  Like I said, do your due dilligence before you drag good people and an organization through the mud. 

The only thing I will add to this discussion is that the city now has a Historic Preservation Commission.  When a building is going to be demolished why not run it past the commission who's purpose is to determine if a building has any "historic" significance before wiping if off the face of the Earth?  Oh that's right this is Berwyn.  We do what ever the fuck we want, when we want.

Mayor Daileys Office

That is the way the process is supposed to work.  Last I heard, the preservation commission had not completed their survey.

Yet you feel the need to bring up someone's name, at the same time chastising Paul for talking about...an organization?

It sucks that the house will come down, but you can't place that on the park district alone.  Yes they bought the house.  No they didn't know it was a sears home.  Yes they gave the BHS an opportunity to present a proposal.  No the BPD didn't feel the proposal was sufficiently detailed (based upon their statements at the BPD meeting, which you were not in attendance). No City Council did not feel the need to delay the demolition (voting twice to permit the demolition).

What needs to be done is to get the the survey of buildings completed, ensure that demolition requests are reviewed by the Historic Preservation Commission, and get your elected officials to understand this has some significance to the voters.

I personally am glad the BHS didn't expend such a large amount of funds on one home.  They've got a huge collection that needs to be preserved as well. 
So for you to come in here and bash the BPD is rather disingenuous.  But expected.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Bonster

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on June 16, 2008, 03:14:35 PM
So for you to come in here and bash the BPD is rather disingenuous.  But expected.

A lot of people have "bashed" the BPD here. 
And Paul isn't just "talking about" an organization.

... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: Grandma Vlasta on June 16, 2008, 03:26:00 PM

I just re-read the thread, does Paul mention anyone's name?
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

ZORBA

Brian,

Do you really believe the BPD did what it could to preserve the home, irrespective of the legal formalities and process?

Bonster

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on June 16, 2008, 03:40:39 PM
Quote from: Grandma Vlasta on June 16, 2008, 03:26:00 PM

I just re-read the thread, does Paul mention anyone's name?

I don't see any names brought up that aren't germane to the conversation.

Except Mayor Daley.  I'm kinda pissed about that myself.
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Berwyn100

Brian,

The only name that was brought up by me was that of Frank Amaro, who happens to be on the board in question, only for the purpose of answering a question that was posed as to why Paul was doing the fighting (online at least) for the BPD.  Nowhere in my post did I insult Frank Amaro.  I actually can't say anything about the man because I do not know him.  I actually have not or can't really say anything negative about the BPD because this whole situation was a mess from the beginning.  It is a tough situation from all sides.  The whole reason I even posted in this thread was because of the way I viewed Paul's posts as insulting to the BHS.  So for you to come in here and bash ME without reading closely is rather disingenuous.  But expected as well.

There is something about the Internet that makes it easy for one not to like someone because of the way they conduct themselves online.  I have tried to make it a point to stay off the Internet because of this very thing.  Paul is one of those people to me.  He might be a swell guy in real life, but from what I have read here it does not seem to be the case.  The same might be said about myself or a number of others here so that's that I guess. 

As far as the process that should be in place regarding the Historic Preservation Commission, the survey is not complete as far as I know as well, but since it is a big undertaking to inventory an entire city's (at least one as big as Berwyn's) structures, why couldn't the BPD just run it past them?   

Brian, I will be brutally honest with you.  I am not sure I was even 100% in agreement with the stance that the BHS took on this whole matter.  The organization does have more important matters to deal with in my opinion.  I also agree that it is a relief that they did not spend a bunch of money on this house.  The thing that bugs me the most is that the various boards, organizations, etc., cannot get on the same page in this city.  This was a totally avoidable situation which could have been prevented.  Now I am sure there are people on both sides which will have ill feelings towards one another which will make it difficult for some future project/issue as a result of the outcome of this situation. 

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: SILK on June 16, 2008, 03:46:22 PM
Brian,

Do you really believe the BPD did what it could to preserve the home, irrespective of the legal formalities and process?

They gave 90 days.  At some point they needed to move forward.  Maybe some folks can be proactive, rather than reactive and ensure historically significant homes are recognized in the future.