100 Pints for 100 Years- Centennial Picnic at Proksa Park, June 14, 2008

Started by Jeff Janda, June 11, 2008, 11:56:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Janda

The Berwyn Park District invites everyone to participate in the Centennial Picnic on Saturday, June 14, 2008 at Proksa Park.  In conjunction with the Combined Veterans of Berwyn, State Representative La Shawn Ford and State Representative Robert Molaro, and LIFESOURCE, the Berwyn Park District will host a Picninc in honor of Berwyn's Centennial and a Blood Drive on Flag Day, which is also World Blood Donor Day!

As part of the picnic festivities, the first 500 people will receive  a free hot dog, chips, pop and a free commemorative American flag for attending the event. 

Please join us and help donate 100 pints of blood for 100 years of Berwyn in celebration of the Centennial.

The festivities start at 12:00 pm (noon) and are scheduled until 5:00 p.m.

The Berwyn Park District hopes that you can join us at this FREE event!

For more information, please contact the Berwyn Park District at 708.795.2892

l   

rbain

"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."

OakParkSpartan

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

tgoddess

If they want me to donate a pint o' blood, is it really "free?"

"Well, I guess I'm fuckin' forty...I'm a petered out Peter Pan...sometimes I feel foolish...I make my livin' singin' in this band..." - John Eddie

Bonster

... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Jeff Janda

The Berwyn Park District would like to update the event sponsors.  The District welcomes the assistance of Congressman Lipinski and State Senator Sandavol.  The District would like to thank everyone who supports the event and invites the residents to enjoy a day in the park.   

Jeff Janda

The Berwyn Park District would like to thank everyone who participated in the Centennial Picnic.  The weather was gorgeous, the food was great, and everyone had a great time. There was a constant flow of people at the event from start to finish.

Thank you to the veterans for the great Flag Day program and the donated American flags.

It was reported that 28 people donated blood and that somepeople were unable to donate beacuse the LifeSource bus was full.  Thank you to all of the donors! 

watcher

Quote from: rbain on June 11, 2008, 12:30:24 PM
blood??? what a tease...

I was already getting thirsty!

-Rob

They have their ways, we have ours.

Meet you at Brixie's
"Atlas Shrugged": A Thousand Pages of Bad Science Fiction About Sock-Puppets Stabbing Strawmen with Tax Cuts. -Driftglass