News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

Eagles Tonight - NBC

Started by ruffian, August 28, 2005, 07:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ruffian

Couldn't decide whether to put this under music or TV, but I am watching the Eagles this evening and I am reminded at how great this icon band is.  I can tell you that they haven't lost much.  The Eagles have always been a band that could turn great lyrics which is not to say the music and mastery of their individual instruments is secondary.  The harmony is top notch and a hallmark of their success.

It's refreshing to turn on the TV and see a concert and hear MELODY and HARMONY .... actual SINGING.  One of my favs is Take it to the Limit.  How many years later and they are still great.

That's talent.

P.S.  The only thing I found to criticize was Henley's haircut.

Juliet

I taped the show because I wasn't sure if it was the telecast of the DVD I have "When Hell Freezes Over" or not.

They are so incredibly successful, both together and solo.  Outside of Hotel California, I love Don Henley's End of the Innocence, Heart of the Matter and Boys of Summer. 
Train a child in the way that he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.   Proverbs 22:6

hvychev

Does anybody know what the best selling album OF ALL TIME is? The Beatles???..........NO! Zepplin........NO! Michael Jackson???......NO!

How about Eagles: Their Greatest Hits, 1971–1975 @ 28 MILLION COPIES!!! WOW!! :o

markberwyn

Quote from: Juliet on August 28, 2005, 09:40:47 PM
Boys of Summer. 

This is such a great, great single; late August is a perfect tim to revisit it. Henley's creepy stalker lyrics sound so great set against that chilly, clinical backing track and that keening guitar. Those 80s synths were occasionally good for something.

I listenened to too much classic rock in high school, so any capacity I once had to have an emotional response to the Eagles has been completely sandblasted away. But they're OK.
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes