News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

Radio Stations...

Started by WIZARD, September 11, 2005, 11:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WIZARD

I work in radio, so I've wonder what's your Favorite station and personality.  I'm biased I love The Drive, and my favorite personality is Johnathon Brandmeire... rumor is he's headed back to the Loop, should know around Sept. 22nd!

Oz

scoon

I listen to AM 1000 constantly.  Unfortunately they no longer have Tony Kornheiser.  I have a soft spot for old, bald, orange, whiny Jewish guys who refuse to interview athletes.

Bear

XRT...I enjoy Bremer...The Drive...and Dont gag, WNUA smmooooth jazzzzz (way too smooth at times, but they do play classic R&B as well)
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

mom

Can you handle a real ecclectic?

Weedkay mornings, it's Gospel Radio 1390 am - Pastor Hannah is a riot, then switch to the Drive until Stever comes on at 2 on WCKG, followed by Stan & Terry.

On Saturdays, it's the Drive until 1, then it's WDCB for old time radio followed by big band music and folk music.

On Sundays, start with WXRT and Breakfast withe the Beatles - I usually spend the rest of the day at church followed by reading the newspapers, maybe a nap.
"Life's most persistant and urgent question is: What are you doing for others?" Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

jqpublic

Think of how stupid the average person is and realize half of them are stupider than that.

pkd50

WLS  Roe Conn or Beyond the Beltway on Sunday night.   When I feel my pb is low and I need to raise it, I'll listen to WVON Cliff Kelly Show. 

markberwyn

WXRT (Terri Hemmert), WBBM (Stylz and Roman), and WBEZ (Morning Edition, Fresh Air, and other evil evil evil left-wing liberal horribleness). I was asked to be an Arbitron family recently; they must've figured the diary I filed was a prank.
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

hvychev

Listen to Mancow in the mornings and The Drive all friggin day. As a matter of fact it is on right this second......you can't beat a little Doors in the Eve... 8)

Guy_on_Clinton

Jerry Springer Radio is accually pretty good...... 850AM.. in the morning.
SPINDLEVIEW RULES!!!!!!!!

WIZARD

I work for Bonneville which ownes the Drive, The Mix and LOVE FM, I was really surprised by all the different responses...everything from Stever & Mancow (which I hate, I don't like their humor, especially that drink that Stever came up with about Blacks in New Orleans)  to ESPN, I'm  more of a Score man myself.  I also listen to Breakfast with the Beatles, that's a great Sunday morning!  I haven't listen to Cliff Kelley in years on WVON.  Wow people still listen to AM... we're close to HD radio, that's the next big thing, and of course that evil Internet Radio...NO COMMERCIALS, how am I going to feed my family????  Satelite day's are numbered, Internet is the future.  One radio station in Chicago can have five to ten different internet stations playing certain portions of their playlists.... For example the Drive has an internet station just for Album sides all the time, they are considering a series of stations for each decade.  60's, 70's, British Classic, American Classic.  On the MIX we have the 80's stream, just 80's music, YUKE!  There will be a 90's channel and a New Music site. That's just two examples. WNUA is suppose start their links to about five different versions of itself.  Revenue to these stations will  increase. 

Bear

The two radio stations that I detest, are truly Cheers! material... the LITE and LOVVVE fm
Those of us who buy advertising for clients call those stations "suicide radio", for all the hapless lost souls who call Delilia in the den
at the LITE, and the newest contender LOVE 100. It disturbes me that there are that many disturbed women who
would listen to such stations, but the advertising revenue is so huge it is incredible...There are truly alot of disturbed women out there...and many men who made them that way...truly creepy stuff
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

Berwyn Patsy

Who listens to 890 Talk radio. Don and Roma!  I love Don he is so conservative and of course his wife Roma is a liberal. Don can really get on a roll especially about homeless people.

markberwyn

Quote from: WIZARD on September 13, 2005, 10:08:16 PMSatelite day's are numbered

Really? Do tell.

Quote from: WIZARD on September 13, 2005, 10:08:16 PM
WNUA is suppose start their links to about five different versions of itself.

Aaaaaagh! It's the five-headed Kenny G! Run, everybody, run!
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

Ana

WLS talk radio, my favs, don wade and roma, roe conn, eileen burn, christina filiaggi, jim johnson, cisco cotto.  WXRT's Lin Brehmer.  Viva 103.1, Spanish Rock and every now and then I scan for some old school.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby

Terri

WGN, all day, all night. I also flip to NPR numerous times throughout the day. I get my music from my teenage son, he has great taste in music no doubt from his parents. His music is the Stones, Beatles, the Who, Alice Cooper and yes, classical. He recently asked me what my favorite symphony was. I never watch T.V., no cable, our choice.

OakParkSpartan

No Cable?  No ESPN GamePlan?  No Football?  eeeekkkkk!!!!!!!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Terri

Brian,
You know my family spends hours at football practice and games watching the boys. My only regret is when the Cubs are on CLTV but then we have Pat & Ron. The Bears are on regular T.V. so we are ok.

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: Fejes on September 14, 2005, 09:48:11 AM
Brian,
You know my family spends hours at football practice and games watching the boys. My only regret is when the Cubs are on CLTV but then we have Pat & Ron. The Bears are on regular T.V. so we are ok.

No college ball?   :)  Good game coming up this weekend over in South Bend.  Channel 5, at 2:30 I believe.  Cubs? oh, that's baseball...I gave that up after the Pirates were forced to let Bonilla and Bonds go...soured me on baseball forever.

Cheers,
Brian
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

scoon

Pat and Ron...  brutal.  Simply brutal.

Guy_on_Clinton

better than Hawk & DJ.....

"HEEEEGAWWN" 
SPINDLEVIEW RULES!!!!!!!!