News:

TOS updated 12/22/05 -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/TOS/

Main Menu

Radio Stations...

Started by WIZARD, September 11, 2005, 11:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scoon

Don't even get me started on Hawk.  www.heavethehawk.com

I grew up listening to Bob Uecker H.O.F.  So my standards for broadcasters is a little higher. 

mom

Quote from: WIZARD on September 13, 2005, 10:08:16 PM
  especially that drink that Stever came up with about Blacks in New Orleans

If you actually were listening, you would have heard the discussion from the begining. Steve was talking about the corpses floating from the cemeteries. He was going to use chocolate babies because they were the only ones he could find. Steve, Buzz, and Wendy were all web - surfing to find other flavors.
"Life's most persistant and urgent question is: What are you doing for others?" Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

kurto

Though I am a Sox fan I try not to be biased about this, but I dont see how everyone doesnt love Hawk.
Ron Santo and Pat Hughes make me feel like I am spending the day in a nursing home listening to a game.

You can put it on the board ...
The most efficient form of birth control is to spend a Saturday afternoon at North Riverside Mall

WIZARD

Sorry Mom, I just thought it was in bad taste, and that's the reason I don't like Mancow, Stern or Stever, they keep trying to top each other, and become more & more distasteful in my opinion.  They're numbers are going down, and Stern is in for a rude awakening when he heads to Sirrius, in six months his numbers will go down.   Why pay for Radio when you can get it for free, over the air, or on the internet, and  soon on your cellphone.  Thank God for bluetooth.  As for Ron & Pat, there's no comparison, YES I am a big Cubs fan, but they are considered two of the best in the business right now!  WGN radio is the biggest radio station in Chicago, their numbers and revenue is huge, trust me I worked there for 25 years.  The MIx is third but has the largest profit margin.  WBBM-AM is second because of the Bears.  New info will be coming out very soon, I can't divelge but one of these three is number one on the internet in the Nation... numeral uno!

Terri

It must be WGN. As a listener, they often have callers throughout the world and all mention they are listening on the internet. No secret. 

shrugger

Quote from: kurto on September 15, 2005, 08:48:04 AM
Though I am a Sox fan I try not to be biased about this, but I dont see how everyone doesnt love Hawk.
Ron Santo and Pat Hughes make me feel like I am spending the day in a nursing home listening to a game.

You can put it on the board ...

Hawk gets points for his funny little catchphrases, but I can't stand to listen to him talk in between about the players and the game. he just strikes me as an cranky arrogant old fart, and after the novelty of "GAS... he gawn" wears off he just doesn't teach me anything about the game or make it the least bit more enjoyable. and don't even get me started on DJ... a nice guy but unbearable to listen to, especially when he tries to fill in on the play-by-play. 

I grew up on Ernie Harwell... a guy with a great broadcasting voice that had fun with the game, and at the same time wasn't afraid of a little dead air between action. I really like Farmer and Rooney a heck of a lot, I hear that they're splitting up though.
we must cultivate our garden

WIZARD

Sorry not WGN!  Those out of town listener, are listeners that grew up here.  WGN is too local, someone in Lawrence Kansas doesn't care about traffic on the Edens.

oz