News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

Re: Kendall to the Cubs

Started by P-PANTHER a/k/a La Pantera, July 17, 2007, 07:11:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

P-PANTHER a/k/a La Pantera

Bonster,

#1. Not fair to compare the Crime Dog to Kendall. Mc Griff was the biggest DOG to ever wear Cubbie blue. Kendall, if nothing else, is a gamer.

#2. I always favor a pro active, as opposed to reactive, approach. True we're on a roll now, but the fact is 1) we're playing the bottom dwellers of the league, and 2) come the stretch and/or playoff time, your weaknesses will be exposed. Why not fix a problem area before it gets exposed?

#3. Not a big fan of  Billy Beane. If he was all that and a slice of cheese, he would have a WS championship by now. I like his theory about OBP, but I also think many of the old baseball axioms still hold true-power from the corners, speed and defense up the middle, and good pitching. Nowadays, its also imperative to have a shut down bullpen that shortens games to 6 or 7 innings.

#4. My initial point was, how much different is Kendall than Barrett? I'm not making a statement, simply asking a question. In any event, I think this comes down to Hendry's refusal to acknowledge catcher was a weakness the last few years. This past winter was a good opportunity to do so, and he did NOTHING. How good would Bengie Molina or Ramon Hernandez have looked in Cubbie blue?
"I am interested in the PAST and do not really understand the obsession around here about burying it."-Crunchie.

"La Pantera..He's one of the few people on this board that CUTS THROUGH THE BSers on this board - myself included." -Ted