News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

Movie Icon Charleton Heston - Dead at 84

Started by apatriot, April 06, 2008, 08:32:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

apatriot

Although I know this will make the anti-gun people happy, if that can be put aside, a good actor is gone.

What was your fav Charleton Heston movie?

Mine would be Ben Hur.

Berwyn Patsy

Great actor he was.  My favorite would be a toss up of either
The Ten commandments or Planet of the Apes.

Bear

...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

Guy_on_Clinton

SPINDLEVIEW RULES!!!!!!!!

tgoddess

"How much for a trade-in on my Ford? Oh, really? Thanks a lot, you cheating bastard." - C. Heston, OMEGA MAN
"Well, I guess I'm fuckin' forty...I'm a petered out Peter Pan...sometimes I feel foolish...I make my livin' singin' in this band..." - John Eddie

Matryoshka

My mom always taught me:                                                                                                                                         
"...if you don't have anything nice to say about someone, don't say anything at all...  - especially if they're dead -"

I never did care much for Charlton Heston...sorry Mom, your lesson fell upon deaf ears...well not TOTALLY; I could have said how I really feel

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: apatriot on April 06, 2008, 08:32:24 AM
Although I know this will make the anti-gun people happy, if that can be put aside, a good actor is gone.

What was your fav Charleton Heston movie?

Mine would be Ben Hur.
Glad to see the BTF people are fair minded.  Whether or not you agreed with his politics, as an actor he was first class.  And let's not forget his roots here in Evanston and Northwestern University.  In many ways, he came across as a true Midwesterner

Perhaps many did not know he was an active supporter of the civil rights movement in the 1950's and 60's and one of the few well-known Hollywood actors to speak out.

ZORBA

MRS. NORTHSIDER

Quote from: SILK on April 07, 2008, 05:53:28 PM
Incredible actor.
Incredible actor and an American Patriot.  Why a patriot?  Because he had the guts to stand up for things that he believed in and were unpopular at the time.  He was a supporter of the civil rights movement when it was not a brave decision for actors to do so.  He was also a firm believer in our Constitution and our founding fathers wisdom when it has become increasingly unpopular to do so.

Bonster

Quote from: SILK on April 07, 2008, 05:53:28 PM
Incredible actor.
No shit!  I thought that was really Moses in the movie!
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

watcher

Quote from: apatriot on April 06, 2008, 08:32:24 AM

I hope somebody took his gun. He said we could have it now. <g,d+r>

The best eulogy I've seen came from driftglass who said: "If Charleton Heston wasn't born,
the creators of CinemaScope would have had to invent him."

RIP Chuckie.

Bigger than llife, but viewed objectively, not that different from William Shatner.

"Atlas Shrugged": A Thousand Pages of Bad Science Fiction About Sock-Puppets Stabbing Strawmen with Tax Cuts. -Driftglass

Hogzilla

He was quite a paradox. Early supporter of civil rights, but also a supporter, sometimes to a fault, of the 2nd Amendment. Interesting fellow.
"Oh, yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom. But they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em."

rbain

He also campaigned for Jesse Helms and Strom Thurmond!!!????
"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."

piniped

Quote from: Hogzilla on April 08, 2008, 09:36:29 AM
He was quite a paradox. Early supporter of civil rights, but also a supporter, sometimes to a fault, of the 2nd Amendment. Interesting fellow.

The right to be able to legally use reasonable means to protect yourself and your family is a civil right.

ZORBA

Maybe the Second Amendment isn't included in the Bill of Rights.