News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

Sopranos tonight!!

Started by Berwyn Patsy, April 08, 2007, 11:43:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

renovatorbear

Quote from: Bonster
The episodes climaxed, not the players LOL...but I almost did back then with how good they were.
Now I get limp.

Now they are the antidote to your manliness. :P

Bonster

Naa, I just "blow" it off.
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

tgoddess

Oh, Bonster, Bonster, Bonster....
"Well, I guess I'm fuckin' forty...I'm a petered out Peter Pan...sometimes I feel foolish...I make my livin' singin' in this band..." - John Eddie

Rizzo

B. "...but the stories and subplots from a mob standpoint ..."

So, you are a good fella, ahah yep.

Bonster

R. "So, you are a good fella, ahah yep."

So, you are doorknob, ahah, yep.

Rizzo

even door knobs attempt humor once and a while

Ha

Berwyn Patsy

All I got to say about the final episode tonight!  What a set-up.  We will see more of the Sopranos in the future.  Who are they kidding??  I loved it.

Rizzo

ending or begining its the viewers choice

OakParkSpartan

I liked it.

Who didn't think the truck driver or the guy in the members only jacket (do they still make those???) was going to finish off Tony?
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Bonster

I gotta admit I loved how it ended.

The episode itself was rather lame, but the way they left the ending up to the viewer was great.  It was said Chase would do something like that, but the way it was set up was sensational.

The very BEST part at the end was how they tied in the marvelous Season One finale, with AJ reiterating Tony's line ending Season One (the only season that really had any sort of moving finale), when he talked about "remembering the good times" to Tony... n i c e  touch.

---
Tony Soprano, Carmela, and teenagers Meadow and A.J. were huddled around a table at the red-sauce Italian restaurant run by Tony's boyhood pal Artie, taking refuge from a howling rainstorm and a power failure. In the candlelight, with thunder cracking and tree limbs groaning outside, Tony raised his glass of vino and proposed a toast to his family. "Someday soon, you're gonna have families of your own," he told his kids. "And if you're lucky, you'll remember the little moments like this, that were good."

Berwyn Patsy

That brought a tear to my eye, Bonster.
Hey did anyone else notice one of the gas station signs advertised gas at $2.47??

Bear

Never really followed the show as I don't watch much TV, I only saw one or two episodes
of re-runs on other cable stations.

Saw the ending today on a web site, and I was amazed nobody "got" the intention
of the writer.

It was a re-creation of the Last Supper, in keeping with the dysfunctional nuances of
the family.

Brilliant.
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

mustang54

Tony Soprano was killed....

In fact, the ending was genius if you've paid attention to the show or are just a fan of well developed well thought out plots that all tie together and have the memory of a champ to remember it all the ending was simple, he got killed, but let me tell y'all why and explain in detail... There was 4 people in the room total who had a reason to kill tony.....

The two black guys were paid before to kill Tony when his mother put a hit out on him but he was clipped in the ear in Season One.

The trucker at the booth near Tony was the brother of a Trucker, Christopher killed in DVD player robbery. We last saw the brother when he went to identify his dead brother's body.

And lastly, from the earlier seasons, the Italian man who was sitting at the counter stool, who the camera kept focusing in on, is Nikki Leotardo, Phil Leotardos nephew. He was in one of the early season episodes where Phil and Tony have a sit down....

Here is where the genius comes in....

When Tony walks into the Holston 's, you see the camera focus on him, then it switches to his perspective, and you see him looking @ the booth hes gonna sit at...

Then the camera switches back to Tony's face, then it once again
switches to his perspective, and it shows him looking @ the door and looking @ the people come in..... Everytime the door opens the chimes sound.......

Carmela walks in, Chimes.
AJ walks in, Chimes.

This all happens while Meadow is parallel parking, still trying to get inside the restaurant....

At this point the camera switches back Nikki Leotardo who goes in the bathroom...

Then it goes to a scene where Meadow finally parks and starts running into the diner...

The door is about to open, Tony looks up...

and No Chimes...

No Music...

Everything just goes black...

In one of the early episodes of the Sopranos, Tonys is talking with Bobby about what it must feel like to die.

Bobby says, "at the end, you probably dont hear anything, everything just goes black!"

This idea was revisited in the second to last episode during the
last seconds of it, when Tony is about to go to sleep and he flashes back to the memory of him and Bobby on the boat... "You probably dont hear anything everything just goes black"

So in the end, the Journey song was playing, the chimes on the door sounded but when Meadow came in, someone killed Tony.

This is the reason you didn't hear or see sh!t when he died.... it was from his perspective... and everything went black, then the credits.

bada bing!!

bohemian

Mustang, I just got that same quote in an e-mail.  It is BS. 
Du Hast Mich!

Bonster

How would you know it's BS?  It was left up to the viewer.

Robert Pauly

If Tony is dead, explain these comments from the Boston Herald:

"(David) Chase went to France before the airing of the much-debated finale because he wanted to avoid what he called "all the Monday morning quarterbacking." But like a true New Jersey loyalist, he granted one interview to The Star-Ledger of Newark, which posted his comments early Tuesday on its Web site.

"I don't think about (a movie) much," he told the paper. "I never say never. An idea could pop into my head where I would go, 'Wow, that would make a great movie,' but I doubt it.

"I'm not being coy," he added. "If something appeared that really made a good 'Sopranos' movie and you could invest in it and everybody else wanted to do it, I would do it. But I think we've kind of said it and done it."

So here's my logic:

A movie is possible
A movie couldn't exist without Tony
Therefore, Tony is alive

Northsider--NOT Northside 7

Quote from: mustang54 on June 13, 2007, 10:06:39 PM
Tony Soprano was killed....

In fact, the ending was genius if you've paid attention to the show or are just a fan of well developed well thought out plots that all tie together and have the memory of a champ to remember it all the ending was simple, he got killed, but let me tell y'all why and explain in detail... There was 4 people in the room total who had a reason to kill tony.....

The two black guys were paid before to kill Tony when his mother put a hit out on him but he was clipped in the ear in Season One.

The trucker at the booth near Tony was the brother of a Trucker, Christopher killed in DVD player robbery. We last saw the brother when he went to identify his dead brother's body.

And lastly, from the earlier seasons, the Italian man who was sitting at the counter stool, who the camera kept focusing in on, is Nikki Leotardo, Phil Leotardos nephew. He was in one of the early season episodes where Phil and Tony have a sit down....

Here is where the genius comes in....

When Tony walks into the Holston 's, you see the camera focus on him, then it switches to his perspective, and you see him looking @ the booth hes gonna sit at...

Then the camera switches back to Tony's face, then it once again
switches to his perspective, and it shows him looking @ the door and looking @ the people come in..... Everytime the door opens the chimes sound.......

Carmela walks in, Chimes.
AJ walks in, Chimes.

This all happens while Meadow is parallel parking, still trying to get inside the restaurant....

At this point the camera switches back Nikki Leotardo who goes in the bathroom...

Then it goes to a scene where Meadow finally parks and starts running into the diner...

The door is about to open, Tony looks up...

and No Chimes...

No Music...

Everything just goes black...

In one of the early episodes of the Sopranos, Tonys is talking with Bobby about what it must feel like to die.

Bobby says, "at the end, you probably dont hear anything, everything just goes black!"

This idea was revisited in the second to last episode during the
last seconds of it, when Tony is about to go to sleep and he flashes back to the memory of him and Bobby on the boat... "You probably dont hear anything everything just goes black"

So in the end, the Journey song was playing, the chimes on the door sounded but when Meadow came in, someone killed Tony.

This is the reason you didn't hear or see sh!t when he died.... it was from his perspective... and everything went black, then the credits.

bada bing!!

Quote from: Melliman on June 14, 2007, 09:02:39 AM
If Tony is dead, explain these comments from the Boston Herald:

"(David) Chase went to France before the airing of the much-debated finale because he wanted to avoid what he called "all the Monday morning quarterbacking." But like a true New Jersey loyalist, he granted one interview to The Star-Ledger of Newark, which posted his comments early Tuesday on its Web site.

"I don’t think about (a movie) much," he told the paper. "I never say never. An idea could pop into my head where I would go, ’Wow, that would make a great movie,’ but I doubt it.

"I’m not being coy," he added. "If something appeared that really made a good ’Sopranos’ movie and you could invest in it and everybody else wanted to do it, I would do it. But I think we’ve kind of said it and done it."

So here's my logic:

A movie is possible
A movie couldn't exist without Tony
Therefore, Tony is alive
He could be dead and they could make another movie, like they did in Godfather 2, from the perspective of the past.
Clowns to left of me; Jokers to the right; Here I am, stuck in the middle with you.

Robert Pauly

How much is Gandolphini worth to the franchise - $100 million, $200 million?  From a business perspective, it would be moronic to kill-off his character - who's going to pay to see the interaction between AJ, Janice and Paulie?

Berwyn Patsy

I think even if he is dead, why not go on with Carmella, AJ, and Meadow, they alone could start a new "family".

TyRy

Here's another view on Tony dying in the last episode:

http://www.bobharris.com/content/view/1406/1/