News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

Calling all Garfield Goose fans... animation question

Started by mmorrison, June 20, 2007, 08:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmorrison

A friend of mine was just on the phone asking me about something he's trying to track down.  It's a multiple episode animated story that he remembers as having been on Garfield Goose around Christmas time.  The story involves a witch who turns the land into ice, and a child, possibly a little girl, who had to go on a quest to find something to appease the witch so that she would lift the spell.  He said he vividly remembers a lake turning into ice, and a golden statue of a woman on the lake with a crystal tear on her cheek.

I watched Garfield Goose regularly, and this doesn't ring a bell at all!  Anybody else remember it - maybe from a different show?

Bear

Hmmmm...Nothing like that rings a bell, as a Garfield Goose guy growing up I recall nothing like that.

Maybe your friend had a bad fornic acid trip later in life and and had a bad mind vibe with Suzy Snowflake and Hardrock, Cocoa, and Joe. It could have also been caused by Clutch Cargo and Spinner...Oh, and Paddlefoot

Hope this does not cause a bad flashback man..
http://www.toontracker.com/realvid/realvid.htm
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

mmorrison

Oooohhhh.... a wealth of clips to waste, uh, spend time with!   :D  Thanks for the link!

I'm guessing it wasn't Garfield Goose, either - maybe something from a movie he saw as a kid.  I don't know if mind-altering substances other than Lucky Charms would have had anything to do with it!  ;)

Bear

I use high sugar content to fry my mind at this stage in life....Where is that Key lime pie!...

Speaking of which, I can't find a good one...Got one from Bakers Square this week and it was bland as heck. The best key lime I ever had was from a restaurant on Mackinac, and I found out later it was Sexton Foods key lime pie fill from a can. US foods bought Sexton so maybe they carry it...

I will have to ask one of our Greek food guys about that deal.
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

tgoddess

Bear,

Key Lime pie is one of the easiest things to make from scratch.  Feel free to PM me if you want my recipe.  I do it with an Oreo and macadamia nut crust and it's a perfect, tropical summer dessert.
"Well, I guess I'm fuckin' forty...I'm a petered out Peter Pan...sometimes I feel foolish...I make my livin' singin' in this band..." - John Eddie

Ted

The only food I remember from Garfield Goose was when Frazier Thomas would whisper into the flapping ear of Boureguard Hounddog the phrase "Hot dogs, hamburgers, spaghetti and meatballs!!!".

The show repeated the same bits year after year - I remember every year, they had a bit about the Statue of Liberty play for a football game.  First time I saw the Statue of Liberty play done in real life was the Boise State bowl game.

watcher

It's from The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe. The white witch turns Narnia to ice and it's always winter, but never Christmas.

Your friend probably has Garfield Goose confused with Family Classics...
"Atlas Shrugged": A Thousand Pages of Bad Science Fiction About Sock-Puppets Stabbing Strawmen with Tax Cuts. -Driftglass

mmorrison

My original thoughts when I heard his description was either a version of "The Ice Queen" by Hans Christian Andersen or "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe."  But he remembers the witch having her broom magically sweep the floor of her hut, which doesn't fit either story.  (Wish I had one like it, though!  Maybe it was an early prototype of the Roomba... a Broomba! LOL)

I don't remember "The Lion etc." being on Family Classics, which I watched quite often (doesn't mean I didn't miss that one, though).  Lots of fun movies, at least for a kid.

scoon

Quote from: watcher on June 21, 2007, 08:01:46 AM
It's from The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe. The white witch turns Narnia to ice and it's always winter, but never Christmas.

Your friend probably has Garfield Goose confused with Family Classics...

Not really a watcher anymore...

watcher

"Atlas Shrugged": A Thousand Pages of Bad Science Fiction About Sock-Puppets Stabbing Strawmen with Tax Cuts. -Driftglass