News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

We got a new tire...

Started by Hogzilla, November 13, 2008, 09:35:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bear

Quote from: Nazerac on November 13, 2008, 10:20:30 AM
What about paint?  Do you know if WM picks up paint?

At the 1st ward meeting, Kevin White said people can bring old paint
to PWD for disposal
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

Bonster

... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Hogzilla

We noticed that two of our neighbors inherited tires also.
"Oh, yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom. But they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em."

buzz

Just wait til' February, when everyone starts dumping their useless old TVs !

Does anyone know if the City is planning any type of pickup for these ?  Isn't there a fee if WM picks them up, or will WM even pick them up ???
The only recycling place I know of is in Naperville.  People aren't going to drive out there.  They'll all end up in the alley or in some business' dumpster. 
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

Bonster

I'll let you know when I get home later tonight.

Bonster

THe problem with appliances is the value of the copper in them...nothing will be taken intact anymore - guaranteed.

I set 7 old PC monitors out for people to take (all worked)...when I came out two hours later, all the video cords were snipped.  When I checked again in the morning, the backs were all smashed out, and the inner workings were removed for copper.  I was stuck cleaning up a bunch shattered plastic behind my garage.

Hogzilla

Schools will take working monitors.
"Oh, yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom. But they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em."

Ana

Speaking of which, I am slightly disappointed in the technology or lack thereof in District 100.  That is where we need funding, big time.  Berwyn is supposed to compete with the rest of the State with what we have and we have the bare minimum.  If there is anyone out there that can help them with the Pershing website, on a volunteer basis, please, please step up.

http://www.schooldistrict100.org/pershing/

http://www.bsd100.org/

:'(

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  - Bill Cosby

Bonster

Quote from: Hogzilla on November 14, 2008, 07:01:56 PM

I actually tried that...with about 8 PCs as well. 
They generally have to be less than 5 years old.  When I say these were "working," I mean they turned on, showed a picture...but not necessarily good colors, or super clear, or 15", etc.   Someone in dire need could have used them, though.

Bonster

Anyway, back to helping my fellow Berwynites.  ;D

Quote from: buzz on November 14, 2008, 04:50:27 PM
Just wait til' February, when everyone starts dumping their useless old TVs !

Does anyone know if the City is planning any type of pickup for these ?  Isn't there a fee if WM picks them up, or will WM even pick them up ???
The only recycling place I know of is in Naperville.  People aren't going to drive out there.  They'll all end up in the alley or in some business' dumpster. 

Sir, yes, sir.

Guests: http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa238/mcr_312/forum/WM-TVs.jpg

buzz

Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

Hogzilla

Quote from: Bonster on November 14, 2008, 09:53:51 PM
Quote from: Hogzilla on November 14, 2008, 07:01:56 PM

I actually tried that...with about 8 PCs as well. 
They generally have to be less than 5 years old.  When I say these were "working," I mean they turned on, showed a picture...but not necessarily good colors, or super clear, or 15", etc.   Someone in dire need could have used them, though.

Gotcha. I have a ViewSonic 19" CRT I called them about but haven't had the time to bring by yet. Works great, so I'm sure it will be useful.