News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

Power is out at our place...

Started by renovatorbear, May 31, 2010, 01:08:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renovatorbear

....in the 2100 block of Clarence for 2 hours. Cermak @ East is dark too. At least we don't have to water the garden tonight!

iamvika

Everytime there's a thunderstorm, we get power surges. It's really annoying, especially when it's overnight, because I have to wake up in the middle of the night to re-set my alarm clock. That being said, I have only myself to blame  - all I need to do is stick batteries in the alarm clock to keep it from resetting.

Diona

I'm actually surprised that we didn't have a power outage.  The storm was really raging this AM.

grenouille

We lost power for several hours.  Note that the ComEd "Smart Meter" is unable to let ComEd know of power outages (?).  May be not so smart.  It took over an hour to connect to ComEd to report outage.

NYWREB

The light at Riverside Dr. and 26th was out this morning, and still this evening around 6 p.m 

Matryoshka

Quote from: renovatorbear on May 31, 2010, 01:08:40 PM
....in the 2100 block of Clarence for 2 hours. Cermak @ East is dark too. At least we don't have to water the garden tonight!

I'm guessing you're on the east side of Clarence...seems only the residences on the east side lost power

Thor

Quote from: NYWREB on June 02, 2010, 09:10:51 PM
The light at Riverside Dr. and 26th was out this morning, and still this evening around 6 p.m 
And still this morning.
Maybe we're not paying enough in property taxes to get it fixed?
Stop your whining and think the way I do

Diona

I remember that light being out a couple years ago for like a week.  Guess it's not that important to fix right away huh?

NYWREB

That intersection is a CLUSTER at the afternoon/evening rush hour.  THey should have someone out there manning the intersection.

Thor

Its only near the high school and we already know how much of a priority this administration puts on our kids  :angry8:
Stop your whining and think the way I do

chandasz

Our power stayed on but the streetlights have been out...

And our internet cable went out. Grrrr

Diona

Eh, Berwyn is too busy doing other things to worry about a cluster during rush hour or the kids.  What other things who knows about that??  ???

renovatorbear

Quote from: 'Rita/aka Berwyn Scumbag Broad on June 03, 2010, 12:39:42 AM
I'm guessing you're on the east side of Clarence...seems only the residences on the east side lost power

yes indeedy!

Matryoshka

I suppose everyone would be up in arms if there was a life or death situation that occurred yet not enough police man power to tend to it, because they're busy doing traffic control at intersections where people who went to Drivers Ed should know how to navigate. Oh wait but that's right, it's by a school, where all the kids are...I forgot this is right smack dab in the middle of the school season...silly me