News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

3 Bedroom apartment for rent - 2100 block of Gunderson Avenue

Started by viktor, January 26, 2011, 09:47:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viktor

Please send me a message if interested or know of anyone interested in renting a clean apartment.  Below are the details:

This is a large 3 bedroom/1 full bath unit in Berwyn.  It features hardwood floors and original woodwork throughout.  It also features a spacious kitchen with appliances (great condition) and plenty of cabinet space, separate dining room and living room with decorative fireplace.  Apartment also has tandem room.  

Located near mall and expressway (I-290) and is within walking distance to public transportation and post office.

Rent is $950 per month.  All utilities are paid by tenant.

Garage parking is available – additional $50 per month.

Requirements:
•   Security Deposit (1 month advanced)
•   Credit check required.

2100 block of Gunderson
East Ave & Cermak Ave.

tony la

Have you tried Craigslist.  If you get some good pictures you should get many inquiries
Tony LaMonica  Broker 1998 Hall Of Fame
Prudential RUBLOFF 708-795-5000
Director Chicago Association of Realtors
WWW.TONYLA.NET

viktor

Here is the link I have on Craigslist, if anyone is interested or know of anyone who may be interested in renting:  http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/apa/2195139050.html

berwynguy

Viktor, are you getting a lot of inquiries about section 8?  A few years ago I was running ads and would be getting 5 to 1 calls from section 8 tenants.  I finally canceled my ad and had to ad ABSOLUTELY NO SECTION 8! and the calls dropped to about 2 to 1 requests for section 8.  (Yes, people still called and asked.  I would normally just hang up on them.)
Unfortunately, this ain't your grandmother's Berwyn anymore.

viktor

I had a few Section 8 calls; not many.  I had a few wanting to rent but I had to decline because of their credit history.  They seemed to be nice people but too many collections and accounts closed with past due amounts.   

berwynguy

Vicktor, do you pay yourself to have the credit run or do you charge the applicant?  I tell people that they need to furnish their own credit report and I direct them to one of the many free credit report sites.

viktor

I pay for the credit check.  Some of those free sites don't provide alot of info so I pay so I can get a detailed report of their credit.   It's not much so I don't mind.

berwynguy

Just curious.  I put the ball in their court by making them pay for it because this way the tenant has something "invested" and if they're really bad and they know you are actually going to check them out they might just disappear and not waste your time and money.  (Yes, some landlords say they are going to run someone but actually don't.)

Shoops

Quote from: viktor on February 09, 2011, 06:15:00 PM
I pay for the credit check.  Some of those free sites don't provide alot of info so I pay so I can get a detailed report of their credit.   It's not much so I don't mind.

Viktor,

Charge them for the credit report. It only makes good business sense and besides once you say you charge $25.00 to pull their credit then many most waste your time.
Brandon Schuppe
SKYDAN Real Estate Sales
"Your Area Expert"
Cell: 708-710-1859
www.BrandonSchuppe.com

RockabillyMillie

Looks like a lovely place. Hopefully some cool people will move in... they'll be my neighbors. I'm on the corner of Cermak and Gunderson.  ;)

Suzy Q

Many undesirable people will just hang up when you just mention the words "credit report, criminal record, prior landlord, etc."  I'm amazed at how many people just go from place to place with the intention of not paying rent once they are in.  I wish there was a faster way to get these people out.  Maybe stricter laws would break them of their habits because they sure know how to play the game.

tony la

When you go to court and if the defendant in court tells the judge they do not understand.....the judge will then tell them to go to legal assistance..... which is free in the Daley Center. They will tell them exactly what to do, and how long it will take before they get evicted.  I have even heard a judge tell a defendant that the sheriff is at least 2 weeks behind in physical evictions.

The sure way to protect yourself is a credit report and to "trust and verify"  that the applicant has never been evicted.
WWW.TONYLA.NET

buzz

Quote from: tony la on February 10, 2011, 07:09:54 PM
    the sheriff is at least 2 weeks behind in physical evictions.
Expect that to get much worse.  Dart just took some big budget cuts.
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

tony la

It is already worse because when the judge thought it was 2 weeks it was actually 6. 
WWW.TONYLA.NET

RockabillyMillie

I have bad credit and have been evicted before. As a result I always have to have a cosigner when moving in to a new place. It really sucks because I'm a very responsible person and have been living for about a year and a half at my current place and NEVER once paid late. I was just unfortunate in the past that I roomed with irresponsible people who wanted me to pay their share of the rent as well as mine. Of course I refused to do that and now IIIII pay the consequences by having shitty credit. I will never ever have a roommate again. ROOMMATES can destroy credit.