News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

2 BR apartment for rent

Started by OakParkSpartan, May 20, 2005, 12:52:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OakParkSpartan

I have a 2 BR apartment in an owner occupied 2 flat for rent.  Laundry in building.  Available July 1.  Rent is $850.

Cheers,
Brian
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

OakParkSpartan

Shameless bump.  Tell your friends.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

pkd50

Where is it?   Do you accept children and pets?

OakParkSpartan

Well behaved children  ;D  2 out of my 3 tenants have had kids, and we've had no problems with them.

No pets.  We have a dog, and when she was at the shelter, went after a cat.  So I don't want to take the chance of my dog eating my tenants cat :-(

Location is 19th and Kenilworth. 

2BR spacious vint apt, especially nice, very clean, Hdwd flrs, lots of closets, beaut wdwrk, ht/water incl. W/D in bsmnt, non-smoking,

Cheers,
Brian

pkd50

Thanks    I'll pass that on, but I think the person just got a dog or will be getting one.

OakParkSpartan

OakParkSpartan

OakParkSpartan

Nope. 

Didn't run the ad in the paper this week, as the 4th seemed kinda worthless to advertise...Put the sign out in front, which gets a lot of calls, but not anyone that was terribly serious.  Lot's of window shoppers. 

I'll start the add again next week in the Life.

Cheers,
Brian

hvychev

Brian I just rented mine out of the life. The sign in front is the WORST thing you can possiably do. Every low life on Earth will call.

OakParkSpartan

It costs me zero, I screen people on the phone...At the worst the sign people show up.  They may be just window shopping, but I've had a ton of blow offs from the Life.

How much did you get? And how much security did you ask for?  I'm asking 1.5 months, and I think that shakes out a lot of the marginal people.

Cheers,
Brian

hvychev

I got $1095 for the rent and $1095 for security. It got busy with calls there at the end. We actually had three SOLID prospects that we were able to choose from. The way I was able to eliminate the blow offs was I was very firm in telling them to call and confirm before they came. I would tell them that if I did not hear from them I would assume that they were not going to show. I also tried to get the people in ASAP after there call. If you make people wait they will move on to the next one.

OakParkSpartan

I think I am about average...$850 seems pretty standard up here.  $1095 is definately on the upper end for a 2(?) BR.  Great that he got it though.

Cheers,
Brian

hvychev

Mine is a 3 bedroom and probably one of the nicest you will see. The pictures of it are in the bungalow love thread. I was actually getting $1,250 for it before I had to re rent it. I had a hard time getting that this time around.

OakParkSpartan

Hurray!  It rented.  A neighboring tenant doesn't want to deal with his landlord after getting married, so I get a couple of really nice tenants :-)

Cheers,
Brian

Paul Fuentes

So now you have TWO feed your needs.  Kolshak and Buffy are on the case as we speak purchasing Romanian garlic to donate to the poor folks. 

And speaking of Romania, what is its biggest contribution to society:   vampires, werewolfs, or gypsies?

P-PANTHER

Quote from: Paul Fuentes on August 05, 2005, 12:31:44 AM
So now you have TWO feed your needs.  Kolshak and Buffy are on the case as we speak purchasing Romanian garlic to donate to the poor folks.  

And speaking of Romania, what is its biggest contribution to society:   vampires, werewolfs, or gypsies?

Gheorge Hagi