News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

Has Comcast slowed down?

Started by Ted, December 26, 2006, 08:55:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted

Is it just me or has anyone else using Comcast noticed slower Internet responses times in the last few days?   My neighbors have also noticed a dramatic decrease in response times in December. 

Things were real real slow on December 23.  They came back to good response times on Xmas eve and on Christmas.  Yet, now the response times are bad again this morning.

I know cable lines are shared and that the more people who get Comcast in a single area, the slower the responses times become.  I am wondering if several of my neighbors got Comast internet access for Chrstimas and that is what is making the response times so slow

Anyone else experiencing this slowness?

Ted

dukesdad

Ted:

We're in Mexico so I don't know, but if you go to toast.net you can run a free speed test. It will tell you your upload and download speed. If it is way off of what Comcast claims, call them and ask why.

Bear

Yes Ted, you are not alone, we even lost service for some time. I think it is a network
prob. Sometimes after a problem static builds on the line. Unplug your cable from the modem
and touch the cable connection (thin pin and outer metal) to another piece of metal, this
will discharge the static and solve most problems
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...