News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

Architectural Artifacts

Started by buzz, December 16, 2008, 11:36:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzz

They're having a sale thru 12/23.  50% off at this store, is really 50% off.  They don't inflate the original price.  Didn't buy anything this time, but I have a very long wish list.
Architectural Artifacts
4325 N. Ravenswood
773.348 0622
10-5pm  seven days a week
architecturalartifacts.com

I can spend hours in this place.
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

eno

Buzz:

Thanks for the heads up; that's a very cool place to just wander around and linger on a Sunday afternoon. Then, head a few blocks North to Ravenswood & Sunnyside to have one of the best pizzas outside of Italy at "SpaccaNapoli" !
"None of us have to settle for the best this administration offers: a dull, adventureless journey from one entitlement to the next, a government-planned life, a country where everything is free but us." - Paul Ryan

Nazerac

I went last year to their Sale Opening, had some beers etc.  Overall I think that most of their products are over priced, even at 50%.  They do have some cool pieces though.

Making it a day along with SpaccaNapoli is a great idea though.

buzz

Eno, every topic with you ends up with a "food" recommendation !
So.....is Biasetti's still open over on Irving & Ashland ?  Is it still good ?

Back to topic.

Hogzilla

We enjoyed wandering around and looking at stuff. Prices were well out of our range though. Will definitely check out the pizza place though.

There is a great and very reasonably priced furniture shop a few doors down called Nadeau Imports.
"Oh, yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom. But they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em."

PamF

Quote from: buzz on December 17, 2008, 07:53:00 PM
Eno, every topic with you ends up with a "food" recommendation !
So.....is Biasetti's still open over on Irving & Ashland ?  Is it still good ?

Back to topic.

I heard/read somewhere that Biasetti's is GONE.

scungili

Quote from: PamF on December 18, 2008, 10:19:03 AM
I heard/read somewhere that Biasetti's is GONE.

you read it right here on BTF ... http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=4552.20 (scroll down halfway & the discussion picks up)

Jo

Used to live up in that neighborhood -- Biasetti's is indeed no more. There's another restaurant in there, but I have no idea if it's any good.

Architectural Artifacts and Nadeau are both so worth the visit -- even if you don't want to buy, they're great for browsing...

PamF

buzz

Well, they're having the annual holiday sale again, Nov. 27th thru Dec. 23rd.  I got the notice today.  If you haven't been there, try it.  Here's the website:
http://www.architecturalartifacts.com

Bungalocity

Shot a couple weddings there, the stuff is really for the eclectic mansion owner that doesn't mind paying $2000 for a rusty bend-up french chandelier that would look good in the Munster's house...

Most of the stuff is off an Argentinian barge, and while it may all be very interesting to browse thru if you're looking
for a vintage bar for your tavern or a 19th century autopsy table don't expect to actually purchase anything unless you are gonna drop $200 min on something in probably very bad condition.

Although I will say they must certainly have the best assortment of wooden entrance doors in the city so if you want to retrofit your bungalow to old school you might find one in the collection of hundreds....
"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence and success is sure"...
-Mark Twain

buzz

Quote from: Bungalocity on December 05, 2009, 10:09:49 PM
Shot a couple weddings there, the stuff is really for the eclectic mansion owner that doesn't mind paying $2000 for a rusty bend-up french chandelier that would look good in the Munster's house...
Nope.  Spent $425 on a Deco chandelier.  Had to re-wire it.  Srewed that up royally.  Ended up taking it to Ceecee @ Two Fishes.  They do great work.  Hung the damn thing up and (you guessed it) I wasn't happy with it.  Too small for the room and I just hated the exposed bulbs.  They were candle-style and created too much glare.  Sold it for $800.  I digress.
I spent at least 4 hrs. searching through everything.  That's what you have to do.  Spend time.  AND definitely don't give them their "asking price".  Bargain with them.