News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

Yard Waste

Started by buzz, November 05, 2009, 09:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buzz

Anyone know the last pickup date ?
Thanks
Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

Bonster

... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

buzz

Why won't anyone believe it's not butter ?

Bonster

Sam's Club, 25 bags for like 8 bux.

Mugster

Wasn't there something in last month's neighborhood watch newsletter about fines for putting leaves in the street?  My neighbors clearly aren't being fined!  The street sweepers have to go around the piles and the leaves are just blowing back to my lawn.   :angry8:

Bonster

I'd call. 

Or take the blower and blow them back onto their lawn. :D

Mugster

Who do you call?  I don't get the newsletter, I just read it here and couldn't find last month's.

Bungalocity

city hall would be a good start...
"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence and success is sure"...
-Mark Twain

Bungalocity

BTW who needs bags, you can leave a green trash can in the alley and they'll haul the yard waste away, if you have a lot just spread it out
over a couple weeks
"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence and success is sure"...
-Mark Twain

Mugster

Thanks.  I just bagged them up while the weather was so nice.  I didn't want to be in anyway.  Besides, the lazy neighbors aren't worth the aggravation.  I got the exercise.  Maybe I'll just share my snow with them!

Bonster

Quote from: Bungalocity on November 15, 2009, 09:03:31 PM
BTW who needs bags, you can leave a green trash can in the alley and they'll haul the yard waste away, if you have a lot just spread it out
over a couple weeks

With huge trees like mine I can't do that, especially if it rains.  Too much crap laying around too long.

scottymac

Not trying to be a smart ass, but they will take a brown or a black can also. Thats's what I have been using the last few years and they always empty them. I have to chase them down the alley once in awhile, but they're empty.

Just didn't want to see anyone going out to buy green ones if they didn't have to.

Bonster

My can is brown, but has a "Yard Waste" sticker on it that my neighbor gave me when I moved in.
Not sure if that makes a difference.

Bonster

Quote from: PM from TyRy on November 16, 2009, 02:42:43 PM
Quote from: Bonster on November 16, 2009, 02:36:15 PM
My can is brown, but has a "Yard Waste" sticker on it that my neighbor gave me when I moved in.
Not sure if that makes a difference.

You are color blind.  The can is a dark green.  :D

renovatorbear

We do both...brown (or whatever color) can and brown bags.  They take them all.  And several people on our block---long timers---always rake them out into the street.  We pointed out to one of them that the city will fine for doing so, but he said he's never been ticketed and will continue regardless.  ::)

Terri

We fill up all the cans we find, even cardboard boxes then on to the kraft leaf bags.
After of course I place mulched leaves in my compost.  ;)

bigolo

Hello all ! been lurking here for a while and finally decided to sign up. anyway, i really wish that the city of berwyn had a leaf pick up service. like so many other towns near by, you would be allowed to put your leaves on the street and the sweeper would pick them up on your assigned street sweeping day. wishful thinking huh?

~LL~

Quote from: bigolo on November 17, 2009, 01:49:53 PM
Hello all ! been lurking here for a while and finally decided to sign up. anyway, i really wish that the city of berwyn had a leaf pick up service. like so many other towns near by, you would be allowed to put your leaves on the street and the sweeper would pick them up on your assigned street sweeping day. wishful thinking huh?

But don't the leaves and debris clog up the sewers and cause more expensive problems down the line?
If you are not part of the solution -- you are part of the problem.

Bonster

Quote from: LL--Schmidt on November 17, 2009, 06:04:52 PM

But don't the leaves and debris clog up the sewers and cause more expensive problems down the line?

No.  The sweepers pick them up. 

Less is left on the street than Berwyn residents already blow out there today.

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: LL--Schmidt on November 17, 2009, 06:04:52 PM

Up in Oak Park the leaves are mounded into very large piles on many streets, rather than being scattered in the gutter.  Once a week I think they come by with a loader and a truck and take them to a compost facility.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato