Mind in the gutter - Old Skool styling without breaking the bank!

Started by Bungalocity, March 10, 2010, 01:57:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bungalocity

I did my research, as always, to find something a little bit above the status quo since I need to replace a couple of damaged/stolen
downspouts and found a family owned supplier/mfctr. just west of Aurora.  They have the corrugated downspouts and the old-school style
half-round gutters.  They have pure copper, steel and aluminum.

I'm looking at a patina kit out of Cali that will allow me 3 layers of coating to make them look as weathered copper as I like.
If anyone's thinking of doing something cool for the vintage look I'll be tackling this project over the next few weeks!

http://chicagosuburbanhalfround.com/prod_downspouts.html
"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence and success is sure"...
-Mark Twain

littlealexa

Does this mean that you won't be getting copper gutters but instead faux finishing them to look like weathered copper?  Now that would be very COOL (I have been thinking of weathering the gutters).  Can't wait to see your project if they turn out as good as the floors, then I can't wait to see the end project.

Bungalocity

Haha well, yeah. I can't afford all copper. Besides the soffits, eves, gutters, they're all fairly new and perfect.
I'm gonna experiment with a couple spouts for now.  A copper downspout is around what $65 for 10' and it'll get
ganked in about a week.
"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence and success is sure"...
-Mark Twain

dukesdad

Don't you think one that looks like copper will get yanked too?

Bonster

^^  heh, that's what I was thinking.

If you're looking for half-rounds, ex-poster Bear either got his or gets his maintained by Green Sheet Metal & Roofing out of Cicero.  He speaks very highly of them.  Just an idea for pricing purposes.
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"