News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

Sump pump installation?

Started by Jo, July 24, 2010, 01:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo

Anyone you've worked with that you would recommend?

Thanks in advance.

watcher

Quote from: Jo on July 24, 2010, 01:39:06 PM

Thanks in advance.

You can get scads of people who'll come and stick one in. That's not a problem
It also might not be THE problem you need to fix. You'd be better off with someone who can
assess your unique situation, understands the things that have been done to old systems and understands what's going on
under the streets of Berwyn, before installing something designed to alleviate the problem. It might be a sump pump. Might be check valves, might be plugs, might be standpipes... might be a combo of solutions...

TIM STEFL  (aka Plumber) (708) 749-9311
Lic. Bonded. Insured

Tell him Lickto said hello. (and that my basement's still tight.)

"Atlas Shrugged": A Thousand Pages of Bad Science Fiction About Sock-Puppets Stabbing Strawmen with Tax Cuts. -Driftglass

Jo

Quote from: watcher on July 24, 2010, 09:27:52 PM
Quote from: Jo on July 24, 2010, 01:39:06 PM

Thanks in advance.

You can get scads of people who'll come and stick one in. That's not a problem
It also might not be THE problem you need to fix. You'd be better off with someone who can
assess your unique situation, understands the things that have been done to old systems and understands what's going on
under the streets of Berwyn, before installing something designed to alleviate the problem. It might be a sump pump. Might be check valves, might be plugs, might be standpipes... might be a combo of solutions...

TIM STEFL  (aka Plumber) (708) 749-9311
Lic. Bonded. Insured

Tell him Lickto said hello. (and that my basement's still tight.)

Thank you!

PamF

Yep, Tim installed a new sump at my home as well back in April/May area.  Works great.  Now if the city sewers would just quit backing up into my basement!