News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

New Book on Berwyn- Book Signing

Started by Aimee, May 21, 2005, 09:14:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aimee

Just to let all of you know, there will be a book signing on Sunday May 22nd at the Berwyn Library at 2pm.
The author will be there to sign the new book on Berwyn. I believe most of the pictures are from the Berwyn Historical Society. I already have a copy but plan on attending to have it signed. Great such about Berwyn.
You can purchase the book during the signing at the library, if you do not already have it.
FYI only
Thanks Aimee

markberwyn

It really is a nifty book. I hope to be there tomorrow, though right now it's looking like my schedule is going to get the better of me.

At the risk of tooting my own horn -- if I shill hard enough I'll get 20 visits a day someday! --  I posted some comments and info about the book at my blog, Berwynist, at  http://berwynist.blogspot.com. (Scroll down to the entry headlined "History Lesson, Part 1.")
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

hvychev

Mark I am curious.... Untill very recently I had never heard of a blog. How did these start and why does everyone have them now of days?

markberwyn

More information than you probably wanted to know about blogging and its history is at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blog

"Everybody" has one nowadays because, well, they're easy to get. Go to sites like Blogger or MySpace and you can get set up easily, and for free.
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

markberwyn

So, did anybody here go? A good-sized crowd showed up, including at least two local officials I recognized. Anybody know if the gentleman who collapsed toward the end of the Q&A is OK?

T-Stan RPCV

I saw him when they put him in the ambulance and he was awake and sitting up.  I really hope he's OK.

hvychev

I hope so too.  :(

It was a very nice time though. Mr. Deuchler did a great job with the book in my opinion ans was very nice to talk with. I also think it was great to see public officials there, including the man himself, on there own time in a casual setting to enjoy a fine afternoon of Berwyn history.

markweiner

Burt is doing well. He will be flattered that you care.  He is 89 and has an irregular heartbeat.  He was actually going to give a little talk himself.  He used to own Hicks Hardware in the Depot District.  His father was an Alderman back in the 20's.

Mark

hvychev

Wow....that is cool. I am glad he is doing better.

pkd50

Let's keep Mr. Hicks in our prayers.  He is a true gentelman.  We can all learn much about this fair city from him.