Previous topic - Next topic

pkd50

Anybody going to Shaughnessey's party?

OakParkSpartan

Wasn't invited.

When and where is it?

Cheers,
Brian
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

jqpublic

Quote from: pkd50 on May 28, 2005, 01:07:56 AM
Anybody going to Shaughnessey's party?

Shaughnessy retired years ago.

Think of how stupid the average person is and realize half of them are stupider than that.

pkd50

The party was very nice.  All the shakers and movers (old and  even some of the new regime) were there.  I was there as a neighbor.  I'm not a mover or a shaker, just an old time Berwynite.  I was surprised to see some new pols there.  I think politics were put aside and people remembered that Tom is a genuinely nice guy.  If you only know him as a former Mayor, you don't know the kind, funny, lovable Irishman that he is.  I knew him long before he was Mayor.  I wish him a long and happy retirement.  The party was at the Skylite West.  George, as always, was a wonderful host.  It's such a nice place to have events.  I hope the new Mayor uses their services when he needs a banquet hall.

Bear

Did Frankie and Jerry give a speech?
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

pkd50

joe

Quote from: pkd50 on May 29, 2005, 10:48:27 PM
The party was very nice.  All the shakers and movers (old and  even some of the new regime) were there.  I was there as a neighbor.  I'm not a mover or a shaker, just an old time Berwynite.  I was surprised to see some new pols there.  I think politics were put aside and people remembered that Tom is a genuinely nice guy.  If you only know him as a former Mayor, you don't know the kind, funny, lovable Irishman that he is.  I knew him long before he was Mayor.  I wish him a long and happy retirement.  The party was at the Skylite West.  George, as always, was a wonderful host.  It's such a nice place to have events.  I hope the new Mayor uses their services when he needs a banquet hall.

he sure does use their services, on April 5th he did.