News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

Report Drug Activity

Started by ~LL~, August 08, 2006, 03:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

~LL~

Did you know that we can now "Report drug activity in (your) neighborhod" via e-mail?  Just noticed this 'scrolling' across the Berwyn city website:   DrugEnforcementInfo@berwyn-il.gov.
If you are not part of the solution -- you are part of the problem.

OICU812

Nice..
I must admit that I get pretty pissed off when I find little baggies on my front lawn.

~LL~

Quote from: OICU812 on July 01, 2007, 11:30:38 AM
Nice..
I must admit that I get pretty pissed off when I find little baggies on my front lawn.

Do call the PD about these 'lil baggies -- or send location via this link.  BTW -- this link to drug enforcement dept. e-mail also goes to the PDA's of the Drug Unit detectives AND Police Chief Kushner.

one eye open

I email in when I find the baggies on my block . The first few times I would get a response, but have not for quite a while now. So I don't know how well the email is working.
Preventive war was an invention of Hitler. Frankly, I would not even listen to anyone seriously that came and talked about such a thing.
~Dwight D. Eisenhower

~LL~

Quote from: one eye open on July 01, 2007, 06:40:08 PM
I email in when I find the baggies on my block . The first few times I would get a response, but have not for quite a while now. So I don't know how well the email is working.

Please -- keep reporting anyway.  Officers DO read these e-mails and do follow up.  They just are just short on time to e-mail back regularly.
If you can, you might also try calling -- and asking for the Drug Unit.  Worst case scenario, you can leave your message & information on their voicemail.  And -- thanks for reporting.  Wish more people would call PD regarding 'suspicious activity, people, and found objects...'.

one eye open

Quote from: LL--Schmidt on July 01, 2007, 07:35:44 PM
Quote from: one eye open on July 01, 2007, 06:40:08 PM

Please -- keep reporting anyway.  Officers DO read these e-mails and do follow up.  They just are just short on time to e-mail back regularly.
If you can, you might also try calling -- and asking for the Drug Unit.  Worst case scenario, you can leave your message & information on their voicemail.  And -- thanks for reporting.  Wish more people would call PD regarding 'suspicious activity, people, and found objects...'.

I do still report , sorry if my post was unclear on that. I was just noting the change in what was happing when I report , with no real change in the finding of the baggies.
Preventive war was an invention of Hitler. Frankly, I would not even listen to anyone seriously that came and talked about such a thing.
~Dwight D. Eisenhower

nitewing

Quote from: LL--Schmidt on August 08, 2006, 03:24:08 PM
Did you know that we can now "Report drug activity in (your) neighborhod" via e-mail?  Just noticed this 'scrolling' across the Berwyn city website:   DrugEnforcementInfo@berwyn-il.gov.

Thanks for posting that.  I was walking home from work about a week ago, heading north on Oak Park from Cermak, and was approached (actually, they tried to get me to stop) by two guys near the corner of 19th and Oak Park, asking me if I wanted to buy drugs (they rattled off a list of what they had).  Soon as I rounded the corner, I called 911 on my cell phone and reported them, but I have no idea if anyone responded...
~Peace~
Nitewing

"Apathy sucks!"
"It is much better to be pissed off than pissed on..."
"Hang up and drive"

Berwyn Patsy

I know from reading this board, and riding thru this area (funkey town?) trouble has arrived.
Don't ask me why, but I was surprised that nitewing was actually made to stop to purchase some drugs.
My first thought was, I wondered how many kids on their way to the Grammer Schools or Morton are stopped and bothered by thugs to do the same.
I am sure the BPD, and city officials are aware of the dangerous conditions lurking among this neighborhood.
I would thnk the police have increased patrols during school hours.

A.Malina

If you bike in Oak Park, carry pepper spray:

Juveniles continue stealing bikes

At least three people were victims of a group of bike thieves who knocked people off their bikes and battered them. Police arrested two Oak Park boys whom they say were among half a dozen youths who approached a Oak Park man in the 500 block of Highland Avenue the afternoon of Aug. 27 and asked him what time it was. One then pushed him off the bike, and rode off on it. When a second cyclist attempted to help him, one of the youths punched him in the face and took his bike. Three of the assailants were stopped shortly after and identified by their victims. Both bikes were recovered.

The previous afternoon some 6-8 youths, estimated to be 12 to 16 years old and most wearing white T-shirts, approached an Oak Park man riding near Jackson Boulevard and Ridgeland Avenue. One pushed the man off the bike and another punched him in the head, glancing off his helmet while a third rode off on the bike. The gang then dispersed in different directions, reportedly laughing as they ran.

(from the Wednesday Journal, Sept. 4)
http://wjinc.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=12&ArticleID=8849&TM=23766.73
"I have never killed a man but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow

A.Malina

From the RBLandmark, Sept. 4:  Berwyn residents' out-of-town activities

http://www.rblandmark.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=12&ArticleID=2941&TM=24764.25

Two charged with battery in gas station brawl

A Berwyn man and his 15-year-old son face battery charges after they allegedly attacked a man who wouldn't move his car at a North Riverside gas station last week.

According to North Riverside police, a 59-year-old Brookfield man had parked his car between the gas pumps and the minimart at the Community Food and Gas Mart, 8545 Cermak Road, at 7 p.m.

Parked across from the man was a black Dodge driven by 59-year-old Raymond Toledo, Toledo's son was a passenger in the car. While the victim filled his tank, Toledo reportedly shouted at the victim to move his car. After a few moments, Toledo's son allegedly exited the car. The victim walked into the minimart, pursued by the other two.

Toledo allegedly punched the victim in the back while his son threw soda bottles at the victim. The victim wrestled Toledo to the ground, while his son reportedly stood over the victim, kicking him. As the fight broke up, police arrived on the scene.

After viewing the store's video of the event, police charged Toledo with battery and petitioned the son to juvenile authorities for battery.

From the same page:

Possession of drug paraphernalia

Riverside police charged Berwyn resident John Markou, 39, with possession of drug paraphernalia on Aug. 30 during a traffic stop just after 6 p.m. According to the report, an officer on patrol did a computer check of a black Ford pickup that was headed westbound on Ridgewood Road near First Avenue and found that the owner's driver's license was suspended.  After arresting Markou for driving while suspended, police searched the vehicle and reportedly found numerous empty plastic baggies and one baggy with a white powder residue in the center console. Police also reported recovering from the vehicle's glove box, a small pipe typically used to ingest crack cocaine.
"I have never killed a man but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow

Bonster

Quote from: A.Malina on September 05, 2007, 05:46:48 AM

At least three people were victims of a group of bike thieves who knocked people off their bikes and battered them.

I wonder if the offenders were residents of Oak Park?

... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Boris

Quote from: Cliff Yablonski on September 05, 2007, 08:39:05 AM
Quote from: A.Malina on September 05, 2007, 05:46:48 AM

At least three people were victims of a group of bike thieves who knocked people off their bikes and battered them.

I wonder if the offenders were residents of Oak Park?

yes. several of them
Only the impossible always happens.
- - R. Buckminster Fuller

Bonster

Reading is a...

"Police arrested two Oak Park boys whom they say were among half a dozen youths who approached a Oak Park man in the 500 block of Highland Avenue"

skeel.
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

rbain

Let me get this straight-
"...another punched him in the head, glancing off his helmet..."

He punched a guy in the head WHO WAS WEARING A HELMET!

brilliant.
-Rob
"Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."

rudemon

I found a needle in the 3200 block alley between clarence and wesley, behind the apartments on windsor. I'm glad I found it before my dog!

OakParkSpartan

Did you send an email to the address listed above?
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

~LL~

Quote from: rudemon on April 20, 2008, 09:22:53 AM
I found a needle in the 3200 block alley between clarence and wesley, behind the apartments on windsor. I'm glad I found it before my dog!

Certainly hope there are no more in the area.  Do at least report what you found, and exactly where, to the e-mail address shown above.

MRS. NORTHSIDER

That stinks.  I walk around there quite often and sometimes do go through that alley - sometimes with my 7-year either walking or riding her bike and often with the dog too.  Thanks for posting.

Matryoshka

Not saying it can't happen anywhere but the general rule of thumb is steer clear of multi-units (in and around the premises)...more people=more chance there's gonna be low-life scum

~LL~

That area is being checked this morning for syringes/drug paraphernalia.