News:

Welcome to the new Berwyn Community Forum!   Enjoy your stay! 

Main Menu

Berwynite, Cityhall & Sterling you will be glad to hear this...

Started by Aimee, June 05, 2005, 04:40:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aimee

If any of you have noticed I have deleted most of my posting.
I am very disappointed just because I have a opinion some of you feel it is ok to bait and bash my me. I will no longer be on this board after this post. I thought we lived in a great country called American, in a historical little town called Berwyn. I thought we had freedom of speech.  I thought I would get the same respect as everyone else. I was wrong.

I have sent a check to Jim, and he confirmed to me that the check I sent to him will help host this site for awhile. (Yes, "Berwynite" it was more than the cost of a  cup of Starbucks).
To Jim, thank you for allowing the community of Berwyn to have a voice, I wish you all the joy and respect in the world. I hope to meet you someday and thank you in person.

To Sterling, I hope someday you will grow and mature in your adulthood and remember your views are not the only ones. "Bite me" How very mature of you. What age did you say you were? That's right you didn't...you did not say who you were. But it doesn't matter.

.I will still be helping with the bungalow walk, the seniors in this community, the township, 708 board, all of my volunteer work and anyone else who asks. I have always said who I am, I have never hidden my name or where I live, if anyone wants to speak to me, I can be found.

I am not hurt (if you are wondering) but I am very disappointed. I thought that after the election, we could all come together to help make Berwyn better. But the bitterness of some of you is childish. Maybe because you will no longer be getting special treatment from the city. No one should....If you want to bash me or make fun of me after this feel free. I will be deleting my name and will not be signing back on as another. It no longer matters what my views are. Or what you think of me. I hope some of you have learned a valuable lesson. Hate does not make a better community. A better community takes work and time. I only hope when you look into the mirror
you do not see the hate that you project.

I have never asks anything of any of you, except to give the respect that you have asked for in return. So, if you want a better Berwyn, respect Berwyn. Respect the new people coming in and the old administration leaving. We voted all of them in and we can vote them out. Including myself. But at least wait and see what they are going to do to better this town, prior to judging and beating them up on some of the issues.

I met a lot of great people on this board and otherwise in Berwyn, and hope to host many more events at my home and in town, just not on this board where I would be bashed for trying to help.

All I ever wanted was to be involved in our community and let people know of my ideas and concerns, but I guess that was not meant to be. I guess I had a dream, a dream we could all be in. A better community for all who live here. Was that so bad? I look forward to moving on, in Berwyn for at least a little while longer. Respect to all, I will see you around town, I hope. And thank you....yes everyone. No hard feelings, just very disappointed it had to come to this. I am sure some of you feel that you won, by getting me to leave this board. It is your opinion, you live with it. I choose not to.
Aimee Sordelli

Berwyn Patsy

Aimee, I can't believe you would leave the board because  a few rude people havve come forth. I really
don't know you well (seen ytou at city hall and some O'connor functions)  I thought you were a little more
spunkier then this!!  Why would you give in to this kind of bully.  Think of these people as a "gang in it"s own way"
Fight back and do not give up your right as a citizen of this city to post your news or opinions on this board.
Your choice!!

Juliet

Aimee, after I met and talked with you at the first informal meeting at Garv's, I was very impressed with you.  Your genuineness comes through, and I can see that you want to make a difference, and I admire that.

I think that a rule of the board should be that if you disagree, attack the post (the words) but NOT THE POSTER.  I have been extremely disappointed whenever I read someone who cannot disagree intelligently.  I work with small children every day who settle disagreements in a much more civilized manner than the way some have chosen to react here.  I apologize for not stepping in sooner when I read the insulting post where you were called a name.  I just chalked that up to someone who I didn't want to read anymore and had no respect for.

Aimee, I ask you to stay, and make a difference.  Your opinions are valid and you have an interest in discussion.  I like reading your posts.  Be proud that you are not hiding who you are, it is a very important part about what makes me take you seriously.  It takes more courage to do that, then to hide behind a screen name and spew venom.

Pick the areas of the board that you really enjoy, and continue to talk about the bungalows, the seniors, and all the other things you feel passionate about.  There are more people here who would rather read something of substance as opposed to a name calling, mud slinging attack of words.  

I will understand and support your decision to go, but I wish you wouldn't leave.
Train a child in the way that he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.   Proverbs 22:6

sterling

Aimee

You are the one that posted my "my bite me" not me.  I spoke to you in private after you sent me a private email message that I did not post unlike yourself.

I for one would like you to stay so everyone can see your true colors!!

pkd50

Poor Aimee she's the guest of honor at a pity party.  Next time you get together at Garv's for discounted drinks.....did you get a buck off the beers last time you met there?  If you go the the martini bar let me know the discount would come in handy there.....but I digress.   Somebody tell Aimee that I really feel badly that she's so hurt.  I hope she will consider coming back.  She knows more about gangs and signs that I'll ever hope to know.  This is one of those times when I must quote Rodney King.  Please all join in with me......CAN'T  WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??? 

admin

Aimee,

I'm sorry to see you go.  I apologize for the flame attack from "City Hall", there's no reason to refer to anyone as a "dimwit."  That account is deleted, all new accounts must be approved before they become active.  In other words, I've turned off "open registration" on this site.  This will solve the problem of having people create accounts on the fly just to insult other users.

admin

Quote from: Juliet on June 05, 2005, 05:30:50 PM
I think that a rule of the board should be that if you disagree, attack the post (the words) but NOT THE POSTER.  I have been extremely disappointed whenever I read someone who cannot disagree intelligently.  I work with small children every day who settle disagreements in a much more civilized manner than the way some have chosen to react here.  I apologize for not stepping in sooner when I read the insulting post where you were called a name.  I just chalked that up to someone who I didn't want to read anymore and had no respect for.

Juliet, that is a rule for this board, it's actually the terms of service.  It's one of the only rules for the site.  Sadly, our immature users can not respect this fact.  I think all of us here can agree -- attack the post/opinion, do not personally attack the person/user.  First Debi Suchy, now Aimee... this is not going to work here.  I have no problem removing users who cannot respect this rule. 

T-Stan RPCV

PKD50 - Really a class act.  I didnt expect those kinds of posts from you.

OakParkSpartan

Interesting tactics here.  Rather than hold conversations, come on the board, throw out accusations/insinuations, then watch as it devolves into an attack on individuals. 

I think most of the people on this board would like to see Berwyn move forward, and find this board a useful tool for helping do so.  I am guessing some of the old guard feel threatened, and are attempting to disrupt things.  Conspiracy? Maybe. 

Cheers,
Brian
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

pkd50

T-Stan RPCV

Serious - you ussually make some good arguements and leave the trash talking to others.

pkd50

I cannot tell a lie.  I was being a teeny bit sarcastic, but I was sincere about being sorry that she feels bad.  I don't like to see anybody hurt.  I think I will take on the role as mother of the board.  I'd like to protect all you little dreamers.  Please let me hold your hand when your bubble bursts.  Mayor O'C is a politician.  Do you get it?   A politician.....that's not a dirty word...it is what it is.   You think that he's going in and cleaning house.  You call it making appointments, and  that's what it is.  That's what the previous adim did and it's what the next adim will do.  It's politics.  He said it was bad to appoint family and friends.    He's doing it now.  You can't see it, because  you want so much to think that he's above political payback and rewards.  He's a politican...that's not bad.  What's bad is that you won't accept it.  When the City Clerk doesn't show up or comes late, you accept it, but be honest if it was the former City Clerk would it be acceptable?  I understand because you want it to be as good as you were promised before the election. It's one meeting...so what, but don't just accept it without at least wondering why.  When long time employees that were doing a good job were canned, you see it as progress.....it's politics, and that's okay....but see it for what it is. Your mantra is give them time.  You're a trusting bunch...a good bunch.  You appreciate an Alderman that says no to free insurance.  He's your hero.  (maybe that's a little strong)  The man is a DINK.  He doesn't need it.  Do we have an Alderman out there that is struggling and says no to it, because they want to be fair and pay their own way?    If we do, I'll tip my hat to that person. Lastly  no more asking small business owners for cheap drinks.  If you need money to pay full price for a beer, let me know.  Can you all say Berwyn good.  Berwyn not Oak Park.   Good night my dreamers.

OakParkSpartan

pkd,

Why are you ragging on Mark Weiner?  The guy has worked to get a law degree, has a job, and you mock him?  WTF?  Is it realy inconceivable that he believes aldermen shouldn't have all these perks?  So far, I have heard him speak out on the expense accounts, insurance, and free gas.  I think he is on the right track.  Reduce expenses, and our taxes will go up slower. That is good.  And what does the fact that he doesn't have children have to do with the price of tea in China?

Guess what, a lot of people who lived in Oak Park, and like the way that Village is run are moving here.  Maybe we should stay rooted in 1950's style government?  I don't think so.

And lastly, Mike O is a politician who will be up for re-election in 4 years.  Let's evaluate him in a year.  And a year after that, and a year after that.  Then get out and vote.  You seem to have decided he has failed after 4 weeks.  Odd perspective there, like you already have your mind made up.

Sweet dreams.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

markberwyn

What's interesting about all this squabbling is that before the recent cavalcade of jackassery around here, there really wasn't much in the way of conversation about the O'Connor administration, period. Nobody was talking about how great things were going to be, nobody was praising the accomplishments of aldermen, nobody was being Pollyannaish -- until a bunch of people stumbled in here and started barking about how we're all doing that and pushing rhetorical fingers in everybody's chests.

Criticism's fine -- Christ, are we really at the point where we have to assert that criticism's fine? -- but I really wish that the critics would find one, just one, example of a case of somebody singing O'Connor's praises that reflects the blind optimism that they're het up about. It would at least provide something that's remarkably lacking on this board lately -- people marshaling evidence to back up their claims. Didn't you ever have to write a research paper back in high school?
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

pkd50

Oak Park Spartan

Ouch!!!   Why are you so angry?   I was trying to make nice.  Let me break it down for you.   I was not ragging on Mark or mocking him.  I don't know why you thought that.  Reread the sentence that says "he did the right thing"  Calling him a DINK is not insulting or certainly not meant to be.  I think it's great he has a law degree okay? I don't think he needs a pat on the back from me for getting it.  I was simply stating that he wasn't in need of somebody paying his way.  Lighten up on the whole Mark thing okay.  If I don't hero worship doesn't mean I don't think he's a good man.  I stand by everthing I said about our Mayor.  By the way, I didn't say anything bad.  I said he is a politician, and then I pointed out that that's not bad or a dirty word.  If you read my earlier post, you know that I like living here.  I have had very good services.  If O'C continues to see that my streets are swept, my garbage is picked up, the police and paramedics respond to my calls, the rec provides me with activities, I'll be a happy camper.  You may find this hard to believe, but I don't give a darn who delivers those services.....as long as I get them.  And do you know why.......because it's all about me.  I live in Berwyn because it works for me.  When I critisize you jump on me, when I make nice you jump on me.  What's with you?  By the way, I don't appreciate the F work directed at me even in an abbreviation.  If I see a red flag, I'm pointing it out, so get used to it. However, in this particular post everything was okay with me.   You may want me to leave, so you can keep the board to your little group, but that wouldn't be any fun.....would it?  Don't interpert my words.  If you're not sure what I meant ask don't jump to conclusions.  Here comes Rodney King again.....CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG.

markberwyn

Quote from: Berwynite on June 06, 2005, 07:07:49 AM
squabbling and jackassery?  You start early in the morn markberwyn.

(Just kidding don't ya know?)

;)

If you believe I present a problem on this board, please, by all means, explain how.
"This is a fun house, honey, and if you don't like the two-way mirror, go f*&# yourself." ---Berwyn community pillar Ronnie Lottz, on the undisclosed two-way mirror in the women's restroom at Cigars & Stripes

pkd50

Good morning Berwynite,   I hate to start your day on a bad note, but they don't like us!!!    We don't own purple shirts.

markberwyn

It seemed reasonable to assume that you were accusing me of the same squabbling and jackassery I criticized earlier.

markberwyn

Quote from: Berwynite on June 06, 2005, 07:28:43 AM
Good Morning pkd, guess we are thorns in their sides because we don't see things through rose-colored (or is that purple) glasses.

I'm still waiting to see the post that shows somebody looking at things "through rose-colored (or is that purple) glasses." A project the two of you could work on together, perhaps? The search tool on the site seems pretty solid.

pkd50

Markberwyn,  Don't drag me into your fight.  I'm still reeling from the verbal abuse OakParkSpartan is laying on me.