News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

Pretty scary - Happenings in Mexico from CNN today

Started by ruffian, June 22, 2005, 12:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ruffian

I notice no one responded to this post.  So I will post more of a comment since I have had a chance to think about it.  First, I am astonished that Fox has no force to control this violence.  Which I believe just supports my belief that he is just a figure head ... no more ... that the cartels do in fact run Mexico.

A friend .. Hispanic does my landscaping.  He was born in Laredo, TX.  He came to cut my grass today because he was taking his mother back to Laredo and will be gone for two weeks.  When I was saying Good-Bye to him, I remembered the article and said you and your mother better be careful cause this is taking place right over border from Laredo .... he said ........ ooooooo yeah.  He said his father called him and said to do a heads up as they come close to Laredo.  One has to wonder why our government seems so unconcerned about watching our borders, but wants to check in your underpants when you board a plane ........ I guess it's just me.

Paul Fuentes

Ruffian,

I did see your post and will post a more complete response later.  For now, I leave you with the following:

Saying Fox is just a figurehead because he cannot control the violence in Mesico between two feuding cartels, os tantamount to saying that Richard Daley is a figurehead because he has not stopped the gang related murders in Chicago.

Corruption is more prevalent in Mexico as far as military and law enforcement, because most of the rank and file earn less than $50 a month.  The average profit on smuggling and selling 1 kilo of cocaine from Mexico to Chicago (the biggest distribution point in the US) is $10K to $14K, as one kilo costs 8K in Mexico and sells for 18K to 22K in Chicago.  25K to 30K in Detroit or New York.  And, 30k to 40k if it crosses the Canadian border.  Do the math.  The bling bling is there to corrupt not only Mexican law enforcement, but our own customs and border agents, which is how the stuff gets thru in the first place.  Trust me, corruption spreads far beyond the Mexican borders and reaches as far into our country as major banking institutions.  Most of the top cartel operatives keep their accounts in DOLLARS and not PESOS in institutions such as Citibank. 

Food for thought.