News:

Read  Berwyn Historical Society www.berwynhistoricalsociety.org

Main Menu

Festival of Lights

Started by Berwyn Patsy, December 05, 2006, 05:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berwyn Patsy

Hope the wheather is good, to stroll along the streets for the FOL Christmas celebration.
I have not seen or heard much advertisement about it?  It is this Saturday, right?

OakParkSpartan

Yes, it is  Saturday from 4-9pm.

Cheers,
Brian
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Bear

Saturday, December 9th

From 4PM till 9PM

The Democratic Citizens of Berwyn will be hosting an open house at 6950 Windsor as part of the Historic Depot District Festival of Lights.

We will be serving:

FREE Hot Chocolate and taking FREE Children's Photo's with Santa.

Saturday December 9th

Please make it part of your day and join the D.C.O.B. and visit the

Historic Depot District Festival of Lights.

...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

OakParkSpartan

Drove through the district tonight. 

I know Ald. Chapman was upset about the contract and the decorations.  What struck me was the seemingly random (much like the additional  spaces  my keyboard adds) selection of light poles which had strings of lights on them.  Likewise with a couple of trees around  the depot.   And not a thing east of Oak  Park Ave.

Cheers,
Brian
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Bear

Word has it Ralpheal will be opening a new salon in the DD and
has plans to help with the overall look of the area
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

Count DMC

I don't know what is more disturbing, that guy and his shop, or your seemingly endless fascination with him.
Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this CITY isn't there?

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany than the Berwyn City Council.

Bear

Don't forget....Tomorrow is the Festival of Lights in the DD,
something for everyone...The warm weather should make for good
attendance

Being the master of mayhem, I have decided to add a new
twist to the Festivus!....

This will be the 1st annual "guess who Santa is" contest. The
Democratic Citizens of Berwyn will be having free pictures with
the big man at 6950 Windsor (the old costume shop) during the Festivus.

Santa is someone you all know, a "person of interest" in Berwyn.
A trophy will be awarded at OoT to the first person who correctly
guesses who Santa is on Saturday night.

The rules are simple, there are none, save one...unbearding will not be
tolerated. Extra lap time by females who wish to examine Santa closer
will be tolerated.

The rest of the details are in the pdf below

scoon

Since I ended up with the trophy, I should at least state that Santa was Tom Pavlik... before all the gum is gone.

Thanks Bear!

Bear

Congratulations Scoon...I left the trophy on the bar, who made
the presentation?

"Little fella" actually was first to say he knew who Santa was when I was unloading
groceries from my car that afternoon, however he received his information in an unfair
manner and was disqualified.

I wonder who is sharing Santa's secrets?

OakParkSpartan

I don't think I want to  know who Bear is talking  about when  he refers to "little fella".

Bear

#8 gave Little Fella that mantra, and he has adopted it with a big smile. He signed his last
couple of posts that way