News:

Berwyn Cares!
Information about Berwyn Schools. www.berwyncares.org

Main Menu

02 27 07's COW and Council meeting

Started by ~LL~, February 27, 2007, 03:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

~LL~

Re:  COW.  I'm not up to speed on the 'daytime curfew' item being discussed.  What is the proposal?

Re:  Council Agenda -- Looks like some (more) potential theater of the absurd in the Committe reports section.  The "Fried Piper"???
And, I think a pitch for the reinstatement of any employee is inappropriate -- from a Council member -- if that is why said former employee's name is shown.
If you are not part of the solution -- you are part of the problem.

~LL~

OakParkSpartan

It might be restricting kids to home if they are  not in school.
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

~LL~

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on February 27, 2007, 03:49:37 PM

If they are on the street during the day -- during 'school hours' on a school day -- then they are probably truants, right?  I thought there already was an ordinance in place that gave officers ability to stop and question a school-aged person who was wandering around, or loitering, during school hours, etc.

Count DMC

Quote from: LL-Schmidt on February 27, 2007, 04:26:41 PM
Quote from: OakParkSpartan on February 27, 2007, 03:49:37 PM

If they are on the street during the day -- during 'school hours' on a school day -- then they are probably truants, right?  I thought there already was an ordinance in place that gave officers ability to stop and question a school-aged person who was wandering around, or loitering, during school hours, etc.

That would mean the officers would have to get out of their cars and do something, not likely.
Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this CITY isn't there?

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany than the Berwyn City Council.

OakParkSpartan

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Count DMC

Just trying to keep it real, not nasty.
Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this CITY isn't there?

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany than the Berwyn City Council.

pkd50

How did #3 get the budget?   Didn't  #1 have it ?   I haven't seen that discussed here. 

P-PANTHER a/k/a La Pantera

Count only likes the PW workers, ........... and Pantera!!!!

LOL!!!!!!!!
"I am interested in the PAST and do not really understand the obsession around here about burying it."-Crunchie.

"La Pantera..He's one of the few people on this board that CUTS THROUGH THE BSers on this board - myself included." -Ted

Bear

Quote from: pkd50 on February 27, 2007, 06:49:38 PM
How did #3 get the budget?   Didn't  #1 have it ?   I haven't seen that discussed here. 

OC pulled budget from #1 and gave it to #3 as well as other re-assignments
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

pkd50

Bear

Its up to da mayor, they can't beef. Strong mayoral government.
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

Count DMC

Quote from: P-PANTHER on February 27, 2007, 06:54:17 PM
Count only likes the PW workers, ........... and Pantera!!!!

LOL!!!!!!!!

I also love Thiplis(sp?)

P-PANTHER a/k/a La Pantera

"I am interested in the PAST and do not really understand the obsession around here about burying it."-Crunchie.

"La Pantera..He's one of the few people on this board that CUTS THROUGH THE BSers on this board - myself included." -Ted

Ted

Quote from: Bear on February 27, 2007, 07:42:17 PM

Quote from: pkd50 on February 27, 2007, 07:44:33 PM
No fireworks over it?

Quote from: Bear on February 27, 2007, 07:54:41 PM

The new committee assignments were voted on by the city council at the January city council meeting.  It was a 4-4 tie with the mayor breaking the tie.  Ramos, Weiner, Skryd and Brocato voted to change the committee assignments and Chapman, Phelan, Lovero and Erickson voted against changing the committee assignments.

Brocato changed his vote and voted with the mayor because, I think at the first city council meeting in January, certain members of the city council would not let Brocato participate by phone, even though Ben was out with pneumonia.  So, Brocato came over the mayor's side on committee assignments.

Mark Weiner is now chair of the budget committee.

But, the re-assignments of committee assignments was voted on by the city council.

Ted

OakParkSpartan

Quote of the night, when the PAV YMCA was being discussed "I want to see the mayor on a treadmill, all hot and sweaty. On second thought, no I don't".

Cheers,
Brian

tgoddess

"Well, I guess I'm fuckin' forty...I'm a petered out Peter Pan...sometimes I feel foolish...I make my livin' singin' in this band..." - John Eddie

scoon

Quote from: Ted Korbos on February 27, 2007, 09:02:58 PM
Quote from: Bear on February 27, 2007, 07:42:17 PM

Quote from: pkd50 on February 27, 2007, 07:44:33 PM
No fireworks over it?

Quote from: Bear on February 27, 2007, 07:54:41 PM

The new committee assignments were voted on by the city council at the January city council meeting.  It was a 4-4 tie with the mayor breaking the tie.  Ramos, Weiner, Skryd and Brocato voted to change the committee assignments and Chapman, Phelan, Lovero and Erickson voted against changing the committee assignments.

Brocato changed his vote and voted with the mayor because, I think at the first city council meeting in January, certain members of the city council would not let Brocato participate by phone, even though Ben was out with pneumonia.  So, Brocato came over the mayor's side on committee assignments.

Mark Weiner is now chair of the budget committee.

But, the re-assignments of committee assignments was voted on by the city council.

Ted

Thanks Ted.  And I'd like to point out that we do not have a strong mayoral form of government.  We thought we did for 30 years, but we do not.

scoon

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on February 28, 2007, 03:08:25 AM
Quote of the night, when the PAV YMCA was being discussed "I want to see the mayor on a treadmill, all hot and sweaty. On second thought, no I don't".

Cheers,
Brian

What was being discussed?  Their expansion for seniors despite the fact that there aren't enough exercise machines for the rest of us?  (Guess who quit the Y over the weekend and why...)

Berwyn Patsy

How about a short re-cap.  Or is that possible, the short part I meant.