COW & council meeting 03/27/2007

Started by Berwyn Patsy, March 28, 2007, 06:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berwyn Patsy

Any one going to report on yesterdays meeting?  Please?
Don't make me have to come back and sit thru those again!! lol.

~LL~

Quote from: Berwyn Patsy on March 28, 2007, 06:44:18 PM

I took a lot of notes on my laptop at the meeting last night -- just did not have time to clean them up to post today.  Will do tomorrow.
If you are not part of the solution -- you are part of the problem.

Count DMC

Quote from: Berwyn Patsy on March 28, 2007, 06:44:18 PM

Please don't come back, stay where you are and be a nuisance there now.
Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this CITY isn't there?

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany than the Berwyn City Council.

scoon

I'm hoping to get to a recap today, but I've been working on something with the help of a few others that could be very, very cool for the Berwyn FD.

delbowz

Priorities Scoon - Priorities.

;D

Denise
Life is too important to be taken seriously. - Oscar Wilde

scoon

OakParkSpartan

The stop sign thing is interesting...So we might actually need a reason for a stop sign rather than because someone with no traffic engineering background wants to put one someplace?

Cheers,
Brian
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

delbowz

Life is too important to be taken seriously. - Oscar Wilde

dukesdad

dukesdad

Cogito

Scoon, 2 questions. Why does everybody get so bent out of shape about folks wanting to open barber shops? It would seem that any business would be good for the city, and if it tanks out, there is nothing lost. The risk seems to be by the operator of the business? Also, do we actually have a cop named Turdowski? No disrespect intended to Ofr. T., if true.
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?

tgoddess

I think the issue with salons, is that they're SERVICE businesses and therefore don't really generate any tax revenue for the city.  (Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but that's how I understand it.)
"Well, I guess I'm fuckin' forty...I'm a petered out Peter Pan...sometimes I feel foolish...I make my livin' singin' in this band..." - John Eddie

dukesdad

mrs. scoon

Quote from: Cogito on March 30, 2007, 01:11:07 PM
Scoon, 2 questions. Why does everybody get so bent out of shape about folks wanting to open barber shops? It would seem that any business would be good for the city, and if it tanks out, there is nothing lost. The risk seems to be by the operator of the business? Also, do we actually have a cop named Turdowski? No disrespect intended to Ofr. T., if true.

Yes we do and he is a really great guy. 
You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't.  - Eleanor Roosevelt

A.Malina

Quote from: tgoddess on March 30, 2007, 01:13:22 PM
I think the issue with salons, is that they're SERVICE businesses and therefore don't really generate any tax revenue for the city.  (Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but that's how I understand it.)
You are correct.
"I have never killed a man but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow