News:

Updated 5/20/05 - "All Sites Berwyn" listing -- http://www.berwyntalk.com/smf/index.php?topic=30.0

Main Menu

Raid in Depot District??

Started by truman40, March 21, 2007, 03:53:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berwyn Patsy

I thought Roses antique shop across the tracks on Windsor was really a nice store.  The owner is a really nice easy to talk to gal.

Bear

Quote from: smitty on March 23, 2007, 08:14:55 AM
Bonster-BP told me its never been good at 3302, but progressively gotten worse throught the years. I know its much worse today than it was 10 even 5 years ago. The address of 3302 Kenilworth harbors only tenants that are potentially a detriment to society. A couple of summers back one of the tenants was pushed out of a 3rd floor window during a fight and died. That is what a tenant who lived across the hall (who has since moved) told me. The paper said he just fell out of the window. Also, being that water seeks its own level........other area drunken derelicts who don't even live at 3302 come to hang with the crap that lives there. I have emailed the mayor, J. Green at the BPD begging for help on this issue. Its serious.

From the Berwyn Police blotter:

Idlers congregate at 3302 Kenilworth, annoy neighbors
March 21, 2007, 5:02 PM
Police were dispatched to 3302 Kenilworth to see about a disturbance involving several males congregating there. One of the loiterers was Rick Seroski, 47, of Cicero; he had an active warrant out of DuPage County for DUI and was arrested.

Proof of neighborhood watch and BPD working together. Thank you Smitty and Joe Green
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

Matryoshka

...3302 Kenilworth...

Smitty -

I couldn't agree w/you more. That building needs to be razed. That's not because I feel it's not a paragon of architectural beauty, but simply put; that bldg is filled with the earth's most vile scum...perhaps they shoiuld raze it w/the ppl in it

Count DMC

Quote from: 'Rita on March 25, 2007, 07:14:06 PM
...3302 Kenilworth...

Smitty -

I couldn't agree w/you more. That building needs to be razed. That's not because I feel it's not a paragon of architectural beauty, but simply put; that bldg is filled with the earth's most vile scum...perhaps they shoiuld raze it w/the ppl in it

Yes , now this is what the community needs more of, the citizenry calling for the death of innocents!! Heed the bloodlust, we must stomp out all that offend or have offended, they have no place in the NEW BERWYN!!  Now where is Goebbels when we need him?
Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this CITY isn't there?

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany than the Berwyn City Council.

Matryoshka

Quote from: Count DMC on March 25, 2007, 07:24:45 PM
Quote from: 'Rita on March 25, 2007, 07:14:06 PM
...3302 Kenilworth...

Smitty -

Yes , now this is what the community needs more of, the citizenry calling for the death of innocents!! Heed the bloodlust, we must stomp out all that offend or have offended, they have no place in the NEW BERWYN!!  Now where is Goebbels when we need him?

Jawohl Herr DMC...
Ze building must be razed und ze people inside,
zey must all be exterminated jetzt!!!

P-PANTHER a/k/a La Pantera

"I am interested in the PAST and do not really understand the obsession around here about burying it."-Crunchie.

"La Pantera..He's one of the few people on this board that CUTS THROUGH THE BSers on this board - myself included." -Ted

Bear

Well, the place is a fire trap, exit doors in apts. blocked by refrigerators, etc.
The building got an inspection about one year ago because we beefed, I don't know what violations
were written up, nobody from the city ever got back to anyone. I do know BFD points out problems
on their inspections, but there is no enforcement on code violations by the city.

But you better paint your fence, or the whip comes down.

Sooner or later there will be a mattress fire or such, and several  surviving indigents will become
wealthy from suing the city and Kafka and Sons.
...What else can we do now except roll down the window and let the wind blow back your hair...

Count DMC

Quote from: P-PANTHER on March 25, 2007, 07:51:50 PM
Count,

Put down the bottle!

Actually it's the syringe and a bit of Absinthe, chasing the Green Fairy you know, my Sunday night special.  I like to indulge as Sherlock Holmes did, gives me more lucid and free flowing thoughts, Insight into what makes morons tick and run off at the mouth. You should try it sometime, I promise you will not be disappointed.
Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this CITY isn't there?

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany than the Berwyn City Council.

OakParkSpartan

Quote from: Count DMC on March 25, 2007, 07:59:29 PM
Count,

Put down the bottle!

Actually it's the syringe and a bit of Absinthe, chasing the Green Fairy you know, my Sunday night special.  I like to indulge as Sherlock Holmes did, gives me more lucid and free flowing thoughts, Insight into what makes morons tick and run off at the mouth. You should try it sometime, I promise you will not be disappointed.

You know count, sometimes you write really nasty stuff.   Other times it is insightful. And sometimes just  damn funny.

Cheers,
Brian
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -- Plato

Matryoshka

Count,

Put down the bottle!

For those of us morons who haven't a frickin' clue as to what this guy's talkin' about...

Absinthe
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
A reservoir glass filled with a naturally coloured verte next to an absinthe spoon.

Absinthe (also absinth) (IPA English: [ˈæbsɪnθ]; IPA French: [ap.sɛ̃t]) is a distilled, highly alcoholic, anise-flavoured spirit derived from herbs including the flowers and leaves of the medicinal plant Artemisia absinthium, also called grand wormwood. Although it is sometimes incorrectly called a liqueur, absinthe is not bottled with added sugar and is, therefore, classified as a liquor or spirit.[1]

Absinthe is often referred to as la Fée Verte ('The Green Fairy') because of its colouring — typically a naturally created pale or emerald green, but sometimes clear or artificially coloured. Due to its high proof and concentration of oils, absintheurs (absinthe drinkers) typically add three to five parts ice-cold water to a dose of absinthe, which causes the drink to turn cloudy, called 'louching'; often the water is used to dissolve added sugar to decrease bitterness. This preparation is considered an important part of the experience of drinking absinthe, so much so that it has become ritualised, complete with special slotted absinthe spoons and other accoutrements. Absinthe's flavour is similar to anise-flavoured liqueurs, with a light bitterness and greater complexity imparted by multiple herbs.

Absinthe originated in Switzerland as an elixir/tincture, used in a similar capacity as patent medicines would be used later in the United States. However, it is better known for its popularity in late 19th and early 20th century France, particularly among Parisian artists and writers whose romantic associations with the drink still linger in popular culture. In its heyday, the most popular brand of absinthe worldwide was Pernod Fils. At the height of this popularity, absinthe was portrayed as a dangerously addictive, psychoactive drug; the chemical thujone was blamed for most of its deleterious effects. However, tests done in 2005 show absinthe contains only small quantities of thujone, and it is not responsible for absinthe's reported hallucinogenic effects. By 1915, it was banned in a number of European countries and the United States. Even though it was vilified, no evidence shows it to be any more dangerous or psychoactive than ordinary alcohol.[2] A modern absinthe revival began in the 1990s, as countries in the European Union began to reauthorise its manufacture and sale.

A.Malina

"I have never killed a man but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow

berwynson

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on March 25, 2007, 08:07:42 PM
Count,

Put down the bottle!

You know count, sometimes you write really nasty stuff.   Other times it is insightful. And sometimes just  damn funny.

Cheers,
Brian

Damn funny, for sure. I've had him figured as an accomplished satirist from early on. In comparison, my attempts at satire have reproduced Mt. St. Helens.  Berwynson

Cogito

I tried absinthe while in Amsterdam a few years back. Very nasty tasting stuff. If I'm going to get fucked up, I want to at least enjoy doing it.
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about?

Bonster

Cogito, Bonster, markberwyn, Bear, berwynson, Boyovich, mominator (+ 1 on absinthe) and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
   ... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Count DMC

Quote from: OakParkSpartan on March 25, 2007, 08:07:42 PM
Count,

Put down the bottle!

Cheers,
Brian

Brian it's this damn gorilla on my back that I can't shake that makes me do these things.  ;)

berwynson

Quote from: Bonster on March 25, 2007, 08:27:33 PM
Cogito, Bonster, markberwyn, Bear, berwynson, Boyovich, mominator (+ 1 on absinthe) and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Is there some special meaning to this fact, Bon?  Berwynson

Terri

Quote from: berwynson on March 25, 2007, 08:34:53 PM
Quote from: Bonster on March 25, 2007, 08:27:33 PM
Is there some special meaning to this fact, Bon?  Berwynson
Sure, he's entertaining himself.

Terri

Bonster

D'oh!  I wasn't inferring that whomever is "hidden" is on absinthe! 

... "Shit ton of beer being served here soon!"

Count DMC

Quote from: Bonster on March 25, 2007, 09:23:44 PM
D'oh!  I wasn't inferring that whomever is "hidden" is on absinthe! 

There can not be another on this site Cosmopolitan enough to imbibe the sweet Absinthe.

Northsider--NOT Northside 7

Quote from: Berwyn Patsy on March 22, 2007, 08:49:21 PM
Smitty, I kinda know what your talking about, but I just can't put my finger on it.  It's probably just our nature of our suspicious personalities!!  Keep your eyes and ears opened
Went past 3202 about 5:00., what a bunch of seedy looking characters hanging around.  Saw a young 14-15 year old boy ride up on his bike, talked to one of the derelicts and then both started to walk into the alley by Salerno's.
It made me sick.  If I had to guess I would have to say something very wrong was going to happen. Drug buying??
That was not just my normal suspicious mind, I saw what I saw and felt uncomfortable.
By the time we turned the corner and came around again, all was quite and no one was around, otherwise I would have called the BP.
The police need to patrol that street (3302 Kenilworth ) daily and more the once or twice a day. The activities usually start around 4:00 P.M., right around the time the kids are walking home from school, at least that's how it went all last year.
\
Yesterday at about 6:00 pm I was walking by and there were 4 men about 20yrs old fighting in back. I didn't have my cell phone with me, but when I passed a neighbor sitting on his steps I asked him to call it in, I dont know if he did.
Clowns to left of me; Jokers to the right; Here I am, stuck in the middle with you.